R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-31-2006, 07:30 PM   #601
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby J
your kiddin right?....I guess you have never run a mod motor @ tamiya..tire wear is about the same for everyone NOT just Crienhard....
No, not kidding. And your assumption is wrong...I just ran open modified at this year's Reedy Race.
Everyone's tires do not wear the same; tire wear, even at the Tamiya track, has a lot to do with setup and driving. A car sliding in every corner does not have the same tire wear as a car keeping a smooth line.
Heibiki just clearly noted that "a lot of the invite guys had some tires that were used, but still looked new."
Old 05-31-2006, 07:35 PM   #602
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have never met Mr Reinhard, but there seems to be a lot of people that dont like the guy, I myself am a huge Hara fan but can someone tell me what the problem is? Is he a jerk or high on himself, I just want to know why some people are dissing the guy.
kylehirano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:49 PM   #603
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylehirano
I have never met Mr Reinhard, but there seems to be a lot of people that dont like the guy, I myself am a huge Hara fan but can someone tell me what the problem is? Is he a jerk or high on himself, I just want to know why some people are dissing the guy.
I think that the hatred you are sensing is stemming only from the situation (and apparant misperception) from this race. I don't think that many people have gripes about Rheinard other than that he is too talented .
Old 05-31-2006, 07:58 PM   #604
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi All. I would like to thank Tamiya and all of its sponsors for putting on yet another epic race. Special thanks to Mr. Mike Reedy for coming up with the idea of gathering the best drivers in the world and letting them go head to head (I couldn't find the banner to sign and that kinda bummed me out)...it is definately a show that shouldn't be missed. Scotty, the announcing was awesome yet again. Congrats to all of the winners and competitors in their respective classes. Also, thanks to Joe at Peak/Orion for the motors that let me drive punched out of my mind. And Promatch for providing the go-go juice. Also, thanks to the homies in the Tamiya pit for the good times. The list of thank you's go on an on.

This thread has certainly had it's ups and downs. When two great drivers try to occupy the same piece of real estate, incidents happen. I was there and the contact in the sweeper looked like a racing deal. At the Tamiya track, that kind of contact happens ALL the TIME. Also, to the gentleman who insists that the contact was intentional and Marc was smiling after breaking and retiring...That's the kind of person Marc is. When he breaks his car, he smiles and takes a step back off of the rostrum, he doesn't go about flailing and storming off. That's all there is to it...please don't try to read into it too much.

As for tire wear...yes, chassis setup greatly affects how your tires get worked. Ideally, it would be nice to have freshies every run but with year's tire rules, this was not the case. If you're setup for understeer, guess what? Your right front tire is going to be roached. If you're loose, you'll cook the rears. Tire wear is relatively high at the Tamiya track but the Tamiya drivers found a setup that took care of the tires. Worse case scenario was to run four left rears

Just my $.019999999999969
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:23 PM   #605
Tech Master

A good tire strategy for Tamiya is either go for the A-Main with new every round, or after the first round put new ones in the rear and rotate the rear to the front. You'll have the same tires for every round expect the first.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:24 PM   #606
The Evicerator

No, "fair dinkum" is not a common saying here... I was telling my buddies in the pits about a time when I was in Austrailia and someone "used fair dinkum on me"... it surprised the hell out of me then...so I tried to recreate the surprise by sort of *jumping* in my seat....

So the events that transpired when sort of like this:

Steve Imitating Aussie: "Fair dinkum???"

**Steve recreating Steve's original reaction by jumping in his seat**

**ping of the rivet in the chair failing**

**Crack Crack Thud Thud of Steve crashing to the ground**

-----

So, from then on we refered to someone busting one of the cheap rental chairs as "fair dinkuming"

A number of people fell victim to our version of "Fair Dinkum"

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-G
LoL Steve, Dont tell me this is a common saying in the pits in the U.S?

Its aussie slang which means "For real" or in a different context"your shitting me".

You been watching too much Crocodile Dundee.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:25 PM   #607
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

"If" I read Chris's (Hebiki) post corectlly "He" said that Hara was on new tires and Reinhard was on old fronts (1 run) and New rears..Now from reading what was supposed to be the deal, They were both..breaking "their" deal.. Now "If" (I know someone who saw the race and told me that it was a take out plan and simple.. ) Marc did take out Hara..The worlds are coming up..Paybacks are a bitch..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:59 PM   #608
Tech Adept

Mark never ran used fronts and new rears. He always ran new front/rear or old front and rear. I pitted accross from him.
Jimmy Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:27 PM   #609
Tech Elite

Marc didn't break the deal.

Last year in Vegas, where practice time was 2x5min per class per day, Marc broke on the first lap and he doubled over laughing because he crashed. I thought it was great, because most guys would have stormed off or kicked something.

I have only been to 3 races where Marc was racing, but I have never heard anybody say a bad word about him.

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:28 PM   #610
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Jacobson
Holla.
I certainly wish there were no tire limits...then it'd be like:

every run
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:50 PM   #611
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Mark never ran used fronts and new rears. He always ran new front/rear or old front and rear. I pitted across from him.
Jimmy, I was just repeating what Chris (Who was working Tech at the race) Said, I know Chris and believe his observation on the tires..I do believe that the tires are "controlled" and the numbers logged in? Not trying to start anything..Just an observation..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:14 PM   #612
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Mark never ran used fronts and new rears. He always ran new front/rear or old front and rear. I pitted accross from him.
my mistake.. i couldnt remember exactly what Marc ran.. so i made an educated guess of Half and Half. Troy confirmed with me as well as Josh Numan and other TRF drivers that Marc was completely on used tires (all four). so my mistake for that. i do know that Hara was on a brand new set.

EDIT: ive edited my original post to reflect this
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:00 AM   #613
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec
I certainly wish there were no tire limits...then it'd be like:

every run

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:05 AM   #614
Tech Addict

I'm surprised my big arse didnt pancake one of those flimsy azz chairs
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:50 AM   #615
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi jon
I'm surprised my big arse didnt pancake one of those flimsy azz chairs
Mine did