Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i would wanna jump BUT it's not available here yet
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 07:53 PM   #62
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by rcpigz
Brushless, where does it fit in??

So aside from the mechanics or marketing of brushless, Anybody got thoughts on how it will fit in NOW!! The manufacturers are releasing the product but there doesn't seem to be much of a market. I'm sure some will buy just to bash around in cars and monster trucks. But that's not many people. Anybody think they should be holding off until they have a system that works correctly to serve the classes of racing they had in mind?? Also maybe hold off until our governing bodies put pen to paper and approve there use before we are expected to purchase??
What will happen is that once enough people start turning up to clubs with brushless, some clubs will start making a Brushless class, just like the nitro's that run a outlaw class. it's no different. The governing bodies will not have to do anything about it until brushless becomes the norm. Trust me, the snowball effect has already begun.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 11:45 PM   #63
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mab_man20

Perfect post rcpigz, i was about to put in my $.02.

Up to this point electric motors have had a major limiting factor: the inablility to put it in a larger scale vehicle and come anywhere close to a nitro car of the same scale (im an electric guy so please no flaming). But as Novak (and others) improve on their systems, the added torque and almost limitless RPM's will help us on our quest to build bigger and better electric cars. Many people have been working on 1/8 buggies and i have a secret project to show all those gas guys what the NEW electric is all about.
mab_man20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 11:58 PM   #64
Tech Addict

Default Keep up! HA!

Barry would have won it if he would not have crashed at the last second. He dominated nearly every race and TQ. 414m2 is another one of those "hype" products I was talking about.
Nightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 02:13 AM   #65
Tech Elite

maybe he crashed bcos the car wasnt so good.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:23 AM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

mab_man,
Good luck on that secret project. You gotta wonder if the Nitro vs Electric war will ever end . Personally I think brushless will close any gap that may exist. But Nitro guys are about more than performance. It's a noise thing!!

Snoopy,
Yep, you got a point. Our club is just getting back together after disbanding a few months ago......A few guy's are already talking about putting brushless motors in there E-maxx's. I think I'll maka a brushless touring car class available and see if i can build it up.

What do you guy's really think about the current products?? Should they really be marketing them NOW with what SEEMS to be a few bugs that really need to be worked out?? I know a few of you have them, but from what you're writing, it sounds like they're more of an expensive science project than legitimate racing quality power?? Fill me in, Thanks
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 11:45 AM   #67
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by lee82gx
maybe he crashed bcos the car wasnt so good.
Nah, I see him race on a regular basis and it isn't because he isn't good, it's because he keeps pushing. He'll have a half lap lead on Kinwald or whoever else is at SoCal on a Sat evening and he'll just keep tightening his line more and more until he dots it. I just think he's never satisfied with his run.

In any case, I think that the initial market should be aimed at the EMaxx type of things since the power output is tailor made for that truck. I saw a test of an EMaxx with ONE Orion brushless (I think it was Orion) instead of the two normal motors. It was faster, lasted longer and had more power. It would be ideal for those guys (and I'm not one of them. . .)

I can see them making an inroad as a new class - 10 minute brushless running laps as fast as mod, but for 10 minutes!!! WooHooooo!

btw, I don't TRY to catch people up - but if they say something mean or vindictive then I will, and I expect people to do the same to me.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:16 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just a clarification, Lee82gx was referring to the CAR not being so good. He did not say Barry Baker was a bad driver. God knows I'd love to race against him but I sure as hell don't think I'd plan on beating him. Well....maybe if I smacked him in the shins while he was holdin' his radio.....bent his antennae....threw rocks at his car.... Oh Hell !!...I still don't know if I could even come close!!!

Last edited by Evoracer; 01-08-2003 at 12:20 PM.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 05:08 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: For Brushless Experts

Quote:
Originally posted by izzyracer
I have a 7018 Warrior ESC and the Lehner Basic 5300. I am running it in a 10th scale 4wd shaft drive with a Hi-Tec DCX FM Reciever, Airtronics Basic Non-Digital Servo, and a Futaba FM Radio using BEC. The car will
not move without me pushing the car first but after you push it, it will be fine unless it comes from a full stop again, (I am pushing the
trigger slowly) I am geared very low already! Worst yet, when I tried to follow the instructions in setting up neutral and forward positions by pulling out the red jumper and listening to a succession of beeps.
The motor refused to run constantly (running free) and appears like its glitching, moving back and forth irratically when I push the trigger.
Is the ESC or Motor Broken?
What is the proper set-up process, maybe I did it wrong?
Is there a way to reset the Speed control?

Please Help!
I got a reply from one of the resellers. It turns out that I need to take the BEC capability out by pulling out the jumper and run a separate receiver pack to run the receiver and servo. It runs fine now, but why build BEC in nthe ESC if it can't handle the Servo and Receiver with the motor?
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 06:33 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Quote:
I
PS.if there are those of u who are having cogging problems ....try disabling the BEC and installing a receiver pack.this is just a suggestion i heard from a pioneer user.no guarantees.
YO izzyracer:not that i want all the credit but at least read some of the posts directed at u!!
anyway can u pls let us know whether dis-BEC'ing will stop the cogging or not.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:11 PM   #71
Ian
Tech Regular

lee- maybe he didnt wanna listen you coz u dont own a brushless...no offence...but i think he did the correct way by asking the brushless resellers on how to solve the cogging....simply by saying "disabling the BEC and hook up a Rx pack" wont help him that much.....u should at least tell him how he should remove the BEC jumper from the esc and how many cells does he needs to use to power the Rx, would it be 4 or 5 cells...

cheers
ian
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 07:14 PM   #72
Tech Elite

probably.im not offended in anyway.
Ian its really hard to find u man.so how's the deal with those batt's.im still sorta looking for 2400's.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:21 PM   #73
Ian
Tech Regular

pm me ...dont wanna go off topic here
Old 01-08-2003, 07:26 PM   #74
Ian
Tech Regular

Talking Back to Topic

Here's a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1090023.jpg (83.7 KB, 103 views)
Old 01-09-2003, 12:09 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Sorry Man!

Quote:
YO izzyracer:not that i want all the credit but at least read some of the posts directed at u!!
anyway can u pls let us know whether dis-BEC'ing will stop the cogging or not.
Lee, I did read your reply but I did not had the time to look for the post. It just so happened I contacted several people, even the maker in Germany! hehehe.
Anyway, I did more test runs on my EVO3 with Brushless and all is well. I can still notice some hesitation from a stop but I think only because I'm being overly sensitive about it.
I was able to purchase a 5 cell "AAA" NIMH made by trinity and is lighter than most battery receiver and ffis very nicely in my set-up.
I'm going to get my car and take quick pictures of it and show it here in a few.

Thanks again!
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote