Novak Smart Tray gOt SCREWED UP???!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Smart Tray gOt SCREWED UP???!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Novak Smart Tray gOt SCREWED UP???!!!!

Hi guys,
I got a silly matter with my Novak Smart Tray, something must tray be wrong with it, it burned one of my 3300 packs when i tried to discharge it,even-though i didn't plug the adapter in and i always carfully about the polarity,just insert the pack on the tray and it got hot just seconds,then starting melted out the lables and.....omg i stopped on-time before a bOOm!
First, i though there's a bad cell in the pack,but later i tried another battery and it repeated that damn thing,my battery got really hot in few seconds,then i pulled it out right away to save...our lives, lol. So anyone has been experienced from this or knows what's freaking out my tray???
I ensure there will not be the polarity issue because i always take care of that (negative on left and positive on right hand).Plzzzzzz help!
Thank you
Old 05-07-2006, 12:02 AM
The Evicerator

Check to make sure that the actual termals where you would solder your battery wires to are at the BOTTOM of the tray... Negative on teh bottom left, positive on the bottom right
Attached Thumbnails Novak Smart Tray gOt SCREWED UP???!!!!-smarttray_top_400px.jpg  
Old 05-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Evicerator
Check to make sure that the actual termals where you would solder your battery wires to are at the BOTTOM of the tray... Negative on teh bottom left, positive on the bottom right
OMG, you point it damn right out my ill,i didn't notice this till now, i only paid attention to the polarity but not this.Yeah,i did place the 3 battery bars on the bottom,so battery got burned right away.
Thanks so much for saving my stupid butt lol
Old 05-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evicerator
Steve's the man!
Old 05-07-2006, 09:54 AM
The Evicerator

I try
Old 05-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wait... So the wires that go to your battery plug have to be on bottom, and then you have to check the polarity after that?
-Josh
Old 05-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by josh69162
Wait... So the wires that go to your battery plug have to be on bottom, and then you have to check the polarity after that?
-Josh

Yes - Make sure you've got the cells with your battery terminals pointing down and that the + is on the side marked positive.

I've made that mistake before too.... it's a drag. I think everyone does it once sooner or later.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by josh69162
-Josh
Yes, the wires on bottom,but the polarity is always right no matter i flip the wires up or down,but my mistake was at 2 battery bars and 3 bars went upside down with the pic provided by Steve up there
Old 05-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Sorta-Smart Tray (tm)