R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-03-2006, 07:16 PM   #31
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I would like to say that this was my FIRST experience at the Indoor Champs and it was by far NOT the best race I have ever attended or even close!! Most of the problems have been addressed already.

1. Tech was different everyday (if they were even there).

2. Other than Cypres (Ian) the announcing was horrible!! We go to these races, spend our hard earned money to have fun and what happens? You either get heckled by the annoucer or you never hear him after the horn except to say "your done". COME ON....This is one of the largest races of the year. Spend some money and pay someone to call the race that knows what they are doing and WANTS to do it right.

3. Other than Ian, everyone in the annoucing booth was pretty much a D*** when asking questions or looking for information!! You guys should remember that if you want this race to keep going you should take the time and not treat people with such attitude!! If you guys worked in customer service you would be eating government cheese and drawing un-employeement pretty fast!!

4th. Layout!! It was pretty much worthless for anything but 12th scale. It seems the green felt made it that way. When you already have a 2x4 taking up part of the track and then you lay it on top of a 6-8 inch wide piece of green felt you are taking away way too much racing surface. Sure Cleveland was started and carried on for years by 12th scales but those days are over. Make it a LITTLE more TC friendly...

my .02 that should be taken with a grain of salt!!

EA
Announcing was not that bad. Give them some credit. They are no Scotty Ernst however Ian and the other fella (John??not sure on name...I know he looses his voice every year) did a good job.

Layout-You know what...that was a typical Cleveland layout. It was a very challenging layout like Cleveland used to have in the "ONLY" 1.12th days. I think by Cleveland having these type of layouts makes the race unique in its own way.

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:19 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hmm, i was happy with the track layout and style in general, but those bumps gotta go.

The bring a drink and a t-shirt thing really needs to go, it just gets boring.

Overall this is one of my favorite races to go to each year, and i sure plan to go this year, something about turkey dinner in a hotel maybe
Old 05-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #33
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Announcing was not that bad. Give them some credit. They are no Scotty Ernst however Ian and the other fella (John??not sure on name...I know he looses his voice every year) did a good job.

Layout-You know what...that was a typical Cleveland layout. It was a very challenging layout like Cleveland used to have in the "ONLY" 1.12th days. I think by Cleveland having these type of layouts makes the race unique in its own way.

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!
I guess we all have our expectations and opinions.... Being as you have been to the Champs a bunch of times you are used to it...Me on the other hand I have never been there and not accustomed to that type of track or announcing it was just a huge turn off.

I did give Ian some credit on his announcing...He did a great job!! I guess on 2nd thought I have been to one race that had worse announcing than this one....You were there too a few months ago...LOL

As Mr. Bill said they are looking at all the complaints and will work on improving them. Thats great news for everyone!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

key like mike said is a flat track. Last years tracks was way to bumpy made 12th scale not enjoyable to run. hopefully everything gets fixed and brings back the prestige that cleveland used to have.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #35
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks seaball for the props
well you know www.RC50.com will be there. and I hope to have a much better cam setup and I'll still have the results thanks to Dave Croy and his software he wrote for autoscore. more pictures and video and other stuff to keep you busy.

and my only request is a better stair onto the drivers stand as I don't want to have to pack all skeen's stuff again when he trips getting up on the driverstand.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:20 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

may i know how to do registration for this race i had never join this event before who i should contact? thanks
Old 05-04-2006, 03:18 AM   #37
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Team Kwik Send a message via MSN to Team Kwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2_Driver
I will gladly come to Cleveland and help call a few races.
Lies, All Lies!!!
Didn't you go and get married that week?

Kidding aside it's great to see some of the issues being brought up and dealt with. Looking forward to it.

Nick
Old 05-04-2006, 05:18 AM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guo Chean
may i know how to do registration for this race i had never join this event before who i should contact? thanks
You can contact Mr. Bill at..... [email protected] or 3410 mapledale ave. Cleveland, OH
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:36 AM   #39
Tech Adept

I've heard this is a very good race.
vanwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:57 AM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Me too!
Old 05-04-2006, 06:35 AM   #41
Tech Regular

I thought the announcing was pretty good for qualifying and the mains, other than possibly being more consistant through all heats. I'd like to see more traffic being called for practice though.
Track lay-out was great, very challenging.
One suggestion, break up TC Stock and TC 19t with TC Masters and 1/12 Stock. Just to give the guys running TC Stock and TC 19t more time to get ready. Most guys are running the same car in both classes and could use a bit more time to prep. Just a suggestion.
Other than that, I thought it was a very smooth program.
Thanks Mr. Bill.
Can't wait 'til November.

Dan
TC Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:24 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
key like mike said is a flat track. Last years tracks was way to bumpy made 12th scale not enjoyable to run. hopefully everything gets fixed and brings back the prestige that cleveland used to have.

If you had a GOOD 12th scaler you would have enjoyed it. J/K Cuffs.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:20 PM   #43
Tech Master

Ian.... you da man!
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:53 PM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Warner
You can contact Mr. Bill at..... [email protected] or 3410 mapledale ave. Cleveland, OH
i have send him an email also PM him but no response at all
Old 05-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #45
Tech Elite

never mind
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote