R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-03-2006, 03:39 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

tech i agree a 100%, i tqed and they never took my motor apart last year. Im pretty sure they didnt take the winners motor out of the car either. Not a 100% sure of that tho. Also they need to work on trophy presentation.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I was nearly DQed because my motor sponsor put his lable on the motor. It did not cover the engraving, and the guy at the mic- not John, Not Ian, not MrBill said that it didnt matter that it didnt cover the engraving, anyone could engrave their motor. cmon now? Anyone could engrave their motor? what kind of statement is that? if anyone could engrave their motor, then what does a motor lable have to do with anything?

I think it would be nice to allow my motor guys company name on the motor he puts together. (like at all other races)

Love Cleveland every year.. but that was a little out there.

Keith
Old 05-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Default US Indoor Champs 2006

I just want to say that we are listening to all that you race have to say, we are working very hard to fix the thing we can. I have a great love and deep passion for this race and I will do my very best to keep this race the worlds best. we will keep you all updated as we can Thanks Mr Bill
MR.BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:33 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1

The only issue I had with tech was the fact that it stated a ride height in the rules but the "rod" they used to chck height was a different measurement.
I used all hudy tools to set up both my 12th scale and tc, both were low to their "guage".

I had a great time never the less and will be back this year.

Thanks
Dayton
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:36 PM   #20
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

My biggest complaint would be the amount of mercy minutes called. C'mon now, Most people have HOURS between heats, NO mercy minutes should be granted, period. Post a schedule (a'la SEP) and stick to it.
alb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1armed1
The only issue I had with tech was the fact that it stated a ride height in the rules but the "rod" they used to chck height was a different measurement.
I used all hudy tools to set up both my 12th scale and tc, both were low to their "guage".

I had a great time never the less and will be back this year.

Thanks
Dayton
And I'd be willing to bet you won't be driving the HPI, right?
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:50 PM   #22
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

I would like to say that this was my FIRST experience at the Indoor Champs and it was by far NOT the best race I have ever attended or even close!! Most of the problems have been addressed already.

1. Tech was different everyday (if they were even there).

2. Other than Cypres (Ian) the announcing was horrible!! We go to these races, spend our hard earned money to have fun and what happens? You either get heckled by the annoucer or you never hear him after the horn except to say "your done". COME ON....This is one of the largest races of the year. Spend some money and pay someone to call the race that knows what they are doing and WANTS to do it right.

3. Other than Ian, everyone in the annoucing booth was pretty much a D*** when asking questions or looking for information!! You guys should remember that if you want this race to keep going you should take the time and not treat people with such attitude!! If you guys worked in customer service you would be eating government cheese and drawing un-employeement pretty fast!!

4th. Layout!! It was pretty much worthless for anything but 12th scale. It seems the green felt made it that way. When you already have a 2x4 taking up part of the track and then you lay it on top of a 6-8 inch wide piece of green felt you are taking away way too much racing surface. Sure Cleveland was started and carried on for years by 12th scales but those days are over. Make it a LITTLE more TC friendly...

my .02 that should be taken with a grain of salt!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:54 PM   #23
Tech Adept

I will gladly come to Cleveland and help call a few races.
M2_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:58 PM   #24
Tech Master

I too will volunteer to help call some races, and stay up late to help with the scoring software as well.
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:07 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Default US Idoor Champs 2006

Again we are listening, tech and announcing are just two of the thing we have already working on. We are working on other thing as well thanks for the input this will help us do a better job
Old 05-03-2006, 06:20 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There it is straight from the man himself! Rest assured Mr. Bill is working on improvements, and I know for a fact he's a man of his word. Mr. Bill, If ya need any help from me, feel free to e-mail me.

And as always, thanks for the kind words guys. I love this race, and I have more fun announcing than racing most years.

Oh Yeah, KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS COMING!!!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:24 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mark G

Question for you Ohio guys... This is going to be my first time at the US Indoor Champs this year, and is there anything I have to sign up for anything before the race... other than Registration.
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Default US Indoor Champs 2006

Mark G We are working on a new handbook and flyer for this years race.will ready about a month or so. It will help feel free to email me with any question
[email protected]
Old 05-03-2006, 07:13 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I dont mean to be out of line with this suggestion,, but a great idea would be for the race director to go to vegas. I have been going to cleveland for years, but last years vegas race trumped all.

What about getting Scotty To announce, perhaps plan a little? Or at least consult. It was the little things at vegas that did it. The full color handbook.. the goodie bag... the MEALS.. the pit pas... it was truely a worlds level event. whereas last cleveland felt slightly bigger than the halloween classic.

The track last year looked the best it has ever.. but as EA said, it was at the cost of practicality. Also, the layout was very un "race freindly". (the strait).

I hope noone is offended by my thoughts..

Keith
Old 05-03-2006, 07:16 PM   #30
Tech Apprentice

I am glad you are listening Bill about the complaints. I have heard from alot of racers on how they wish anouncing could be more business and not a FRAT Party. Ian does a great job but we need more from the others.

Can`t wait till Thanksgiving
windix60 is offline   Reply With Quote