R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-18-2006, 09:48 PM   #241
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

double sweet
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:10 PM   #242
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think we have a few more tricks to pull out of the old hat boys and girls but so far so good.This years race is going to be one for the record books don't miss it!!!
bill941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:23 AM   #243
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
DIRLA RULES!!!
i second that.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:50 AM   #244
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Just a thought, but its been my contention for quite some time that ALL RC races are too long. I much preffred when the Champs did NOT have the extra practice day. It was part of what made the race special. YOu got your very limited number of runs in and then BAM_qualifying started!! That was cool.

Beyond the change in what I thought was a traditional part of the Champs, theres the added cost to al competitors in extra room night, extra vaca day, etc.

I realize a race must and should make money and an extra day is more revenue for everyone involved and thats not always a bad thing (except for the racers pocket books), but again-ALL races are getting too long. Even Glorified club races are up to 3 days now requiring taking Friday off work and two hotel nights. Crazy!!

Anyways-that just my 0.02 Carry on!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:04 AM   #245
Suspended

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
Just a thought, but its been my contention for quite some time that ALL RC races are too long.
To add to what Ray says, a couple things that make Sunday last entirely too long:

1. Don't run all the A-Mains at the same time at the end of the day. It's a nice thought and all, and it worked great when the Champs was just 1/12 stock and 1/12 mod. People ran one class or the other. Unfortunately, people are now running multiple classes and often end up running back-to-back, or very close to it. This just causes delays to the program that could be avoided. It would also make it easier on those that are running multiple classes.

2. The pre-race driver introductions have gotten way out of hand. In the past, it was limited to 1 or 2 sponsors, hometown, and name. Didn't take very long at all. Now it's a grocery list of companies, and honestly, nobody is listening anymore after the first 2 people are introduced. (sponsored by SMC, PSE, IRP, XYZ, PDA, DNA, TQ8, HBO, and ESPN) Now it's an additional 10+ minute delay to EVERY A-main that's run. Combined with a delay for people racing back-to-back, and it's just too much. Cut it back to 3 sponsors, 1 special thanks, hometown, and name. If you like, allow just the WINNER of the main to get on the mike and rattle off the other 37 companies and humorous fictional groups after the race is over.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:18 AM   #246
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmooth
2. The pre-race driver introductions have gotten way out of hand. In the past, it was limited to 1 or 2 sponsors, hometown, and name. Didn't take very long at all. Now it's a grocery list of companies, and honestly, nobody is listening anymore after the first 2 people are introduced. (sponsored by SMC, PSE, IRP, XYZ, PDA, DNA, TQ8, HBO, and ESPN) Now it's an additional 10+ minute delay to EVERY A-main that's run. Combined with a delay for people racing back-to-back, and it's just too much. Cut it back to 3 sponsors, 1 special thanks, hometown, and name. If you like, allow just the WINNER of the main to get on the mike and rattle off the other 37 companies and humorous fictional groups after the race is over.
I do not agree with that at all. The guys who are in the A main worked their tails off to get there and their sponsors have invested a lot of money to get them there as well. They should be able to get the recongnition they deserve!! Because we all know that all the magazine coverage (EXCEPT EXTREME RC) out there just plain sucks!! If you dont want to stay and listen to the sponsors or be there that long to watch the A mains watch them on www.rc50.com when you get home!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:30 AM   #247
TLRacing

Quote:
To add to what Ray says, a couple things that make Sunday last entirely too long:

1. Don't run all the A-Mains at the same time at the end of the day. It's a nice thought and all, and it worked great when the Champs was just 1/12 stock and 1/12 mod. People ran one class or the other. Unfortunately, people are now running multiple classes and often end up running back-to-back, or very close to it. This just causes delays to the program that could be avoided. It would also make it easier on those that are running multiple classes.

Companies spend a lot of $$ on drivers to have them announce their sponsors during A-Main events.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:32 AM   #248
TLRacing

Magazine coverage is horrible at the event. Magazines should be allowed to take pictures exclusively during the 1st round of practice. We are trying to promote RC Racing and by not letting the magazines do their job correctly it hurts our overall coverage of the event.

Perhaps Mr. Bill could contact all the magazines notifiying them that pictures will only be allowed to be taken during the 1st round of controlled practice. I am sure they will be there to do it.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:49 AM   #249
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Companies spend a lot of $$ on drivers to have them announce their sponsors during A-Main events.
I'm not suggesting that they do away with it completely....Just reduce the number. It all gets lost in an endless ramble of acronyms, abbreviations, and "funny non-sponsors". It can be 3, 5, or some reasonable number. It just doesn't need to be the ridiculous amount it is now.

Joel Johnson and Tony Neisinger were sponsored by a whole lot more than 3 or 4 companies, but they didn't have each and every one acknowledged.

Nobody cares if somebody got a 35% discount on a package of diff balls and feels the need to have it announced.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #250
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Nobody cares if somebody got a 35% discount on a package of diff balls and feels the need to have it announced.
I can tell you as a Manufacture if I give ANYONE a discount on something and they are in the A main I CARE weather its 5% or 100% its still taking money out of MY pocket to help that person and MY COMPANY!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #251
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sponsor lists should be allowed, it would be denying a sponsor their right to advertisment.

I personaly feel that the mains should be run by class, not letter. Most of the time a driver runs multiple classes they will be in the same (maybe 1 apart) letter main. Why make it more stressful on the racer, and add delay into the program to wait for them. Simply run the mains by class and it would flow much better.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:27 AM   #252
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Who is to say what 3 or so names should be rambled off? If all 10 of a certain drivers sponsors are @ the event and dont hear there name, dont you think @ the end of the event there will be some animosity. Listing all of your sponsors is a must. NASCAR guys "TRY" to ramble off as many as they can on TV, why not @ an RC event?
Dave G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #253
Tech Initiate

Maybe to save time on main day, rather than running a class from bottom to top like the Snowbirds, you can just alternate touring and 1/12 so that even if you are in back to back mains, its with different cars. Someone else could have your car ready and waiting for you. And maybe do away with the minutes grace? It would be nice to get out of there a little earlier.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:13 PM   #254
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I agree the mains take way too long... cutting out sponsor lists is not the answer though.

changing the order of the races so the A mains are not run back to back seems to be the best suggestion...

I think Cleveland is the only race that doesn't have a trophy presentation... Maybe have a trophy presentation for just the A mains... It wouldn't take that long...

I enjoy cleveland every year well except for last year missing the 2nd round on due to tearing the cartilage and tendons in my knee on the drivers stand.

I loved the new raised drivers stand... HOWEVER REAL steps need to be put up not everyone is in that great of shape LOL me included. The cheap steps put up last year didn't even hold up to Eric Anderson stepping on it and he's about avg. After that step broke there was nothing on the right side of the driver stand to step onto. I ripped my knee apart trying to get onto the driver stand with no step. (had a prior injury in 98 with my knee same injury) Not so much as one person offered to help when i was flat on my back... not one driver, bystander, official, race director etc. I had to limp back up to my room with a blown out knee and had to stay there from the 2nd round on till we left in my room and couldn't hardly move.

I ended up confined to bed for over a month and could barely get around for 3 months on. I'm still abour 65% or so...

It was my own fault for trying to get my fat butt on the driver stand w/o a step, but if there had been one there it would have never happened.

My $1.25...

Michael Skeen
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:19 PM   #255
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool S U R G E !

Mr. Bill / Anybody , could I get the phone number of the hotel Please ! ! !

Thank's , the light guy of " 04 " !
Team Scream Racing Middle River Hobbies GQ AMERICA Diggity Designs Castle Creations ✦TheRCShack✦ www.castlecreations.comwww.teamscreamracing.com www.diggitydesigns.comhttp://www.gqproduct.comMini www.middleriverhobbies.comTom Brown The Rev 7 XRAY ✦ M05 Surfs Up DudeMiddle River Hobbies

Last edited by KAHUNA; 07-19-2006 at 02:30 PM.
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote