R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #226
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Aggresiva
I'm in for 19turn then. Any word yet on brushless being allowed or not?

As far as I know I am going to say no at this point.I would be willing say they will be allowed at the champs in the near future but at the moment I think there is some confusion about where they actually belong..My personal feelings are that they belong in a class seperate from all others but only time will tell some may or may not agree with me but that is my feelings.I am sure many feel differently then I do so I guess it's a good thing it's not up to me lol
bill941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:28 PM   #227
Tech Adept

I am coming to this race for the first time this year and I was wondering if their was anything I should Know about, From what I hear this is one of the best races their is and I cant wait so anything will help
Thanks
Cheston
teammidget1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:36 PM   #228
Tech Addict

Well I don't think I am the best one to tell you but I'll try.Basicly remember that we run on a bit of tight schedule due to how many racers/races we have so basicly make sure you know when your up and be ready to go.That pretty easy as we broadcast the schedule into the rooms in for you so you don't need to run in and out of your room to find out what's going plus there is audio as well in case you want to listen to the races also.Talk to some of the guys on here they can tell you basicly what tires you will need...it kind of stays the same year to year for the most part atleast lately.And above all have fun!!!If you have any questions once you are there feel free to find me at the race I should be able to point in the right direction or give you a hand.I'll be in the ballroom most of the week and I believe I will be pointed out in the drivers meeting hope that helps a little if you have any questions just ask that's what I am here for!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:41 PM   #229
Tech Adept

Thanks Bill
I am from Florida so their isnt very much carpet so thats what iam going for and if I have any questions I will find you i am sure
teammidget1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #230
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I went for 2 years in a row.. im no pro but here is my feed back on first time going this event...

YEAR one: Wow what i high! So excited totally over prepped our cars(kept changing things over and over with not practice) and obsesed over the handout motors. I feel we spent to much time chasing after advice and hype that we forgot the most important part..DRIVE the car and make use of the practice. One huge factor was the track changing as more cars run in the carpet. Practice at 6am and then run your heat at supper time was like going to a different track. IT was tricky to keep up with changing grip. Something we where not used to from club racing. I mean there are 400+cars running for 48+hours!! The main thing though was we did not get alot of sleep. No regrets no negative remarks we had a blast..

YEAR two: I relaxed made sure to get sleep i did not obsese over the car and i drove much better. I even made use of the pool.. I did not even know about it the first year!! This time around I made sure to tru down them damn foams to the lowest size possible. Might as well you spent all the vaction time and money to get down there you might as well use up a few sets of tires! Its not club racing so dont try to get milage on those foams!

Things i would have like to see that i did not:
-More vendors. for 2 reasons. I buy stuff if its in front of me, for the non racers staying at the hotel it would be cool for them to be able to buy a car like the ones we are racing .Im sure new racers could be attracted from this event
-A meet and great with the FACTORY drivers. Wouldn't it be cool to set time to where you can meet the pros and ask them questions? This even show cases the products and the pro drivers lets get a little more friendly. Its not every day that your racing against the best in the world. I was lucky enough to meet HARA with the PROTO PRO4 and get a sneak peak at Corally assasin back then, but i had to stick my nose in there! LOL
Old 07-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #231
Tech Addict

Well I like your idea's one has already been addressed we will have more stuff at the hobby shop this as far as parts and cars and so forth.

As far as the meeting with factory drivers I don't know how it would work or when but I love the idea I will talk to mr.bill and see what we can do.And as always we are always looking to get better period.We have some new and old things coming back this year and if our pavement pounding the past couple of weekends pays off we will have something really nice for all the racers this year...But that's all I can say about it at the moment.I know one thing that keeps coming up in all the talk that me and mr.bill have back and forth for the past couple of weeks is practice time...I think I can speak for all of us when I say a little more isn't a bad idea so we are working on that as well!!So hopefully that keeps you guys in the know about what we are doing..I hope everyone enjoys it this year...Lots of work is going into this years race....Like always lol
Old 07-13-2006, 07:35 AM   #232
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via MSN to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via Yahoo to RcCzarOfOld

One thing that would be really nice to see... Video of the races on the hotel TV system. It would be quite easy to do. Just one camera set up on a semi-permanent mount that broadcasts into the closed circuit TV system. It would honestly only take a few minutes to set it up. I'm sure there's somewhere that a stationary camera could be set up with a view of the full track and the picture quality would be perfect since you don't have to compress the vid for internet usage. You could mount the camera from the ceiling so there wouldn't be any issues with people getting front of it or not paying attention and walking into it. Not that that would ever happen...

Just a thought.

Tony
RcCzarOfOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:39 AM   #233
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

acutally www.rc50.com provide not 1 but 2 cameras of the track area that was piped up to the rooms on the cctv. also I had dvds from vegas, cleveland 2004 and the halloween classic and some other stuff that I did playing over night so the diehard racers could stay up all night listening and watching racing. worked out real well from what I was told. I'm working on a wider shot this year.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:31 PM   #234
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via MSN to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via Yahoo to RcCzarOfOld

Excellent. Since I only sleep about 4 hours a night anyway, I know what I'll be watching all hours of the night.

And if we're night owls that stay up til 4am, will we be able to get in some extra practice time?

Tony
RcCzarOfOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:47 AM   #235
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer
acutally www.rc50.com provide not 1 but 2 cameras of the track area that was piped up to the rooms on the cctv. also I had dvds from vegas, cleveland 2004 and the halloween classic and some other stuff that I did playing over night so the diehard racers could stay up all night listening and watching racing. worked out real well from what I was told. I'm working on a wider shot this year.
DIRLA RULES!!!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #236
Tech Addict

here here!!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:46 PM   #237
Tech Addict

Default US Indoor Champs 2006

More great news for this years Champs our handout motors for stock will be the CO27 from Trinity
MR.BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #238
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1

Sweet, I'm about tired of the old chrome motors!
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:36 PM   #239
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.BILL
More great news for this years Champs our handout motors for stock will be the CO27 from Trinity
Wow thats Awesome Mr. Bill!! The Champs are already looking better!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:12 PM   #240
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.BILL
Excellent.....
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote