R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Corally F1 Mods (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/112492-corally-f1-mods.html)

Quante 05-02-2006 09:42 AM

Corally F1 Mods

Hi all,

Just wanted to show off the parts I made for my good ol' Corally F1.

New frontend with asso suspension, adjustable wheelbase.
Rear modified to handle Damper tubes (and yes, my revision 2 thought about the damper hole I forgot ;-) )

http://www.pixagogo.com/1085355108

If anyone has some other good ideas to implement, please share them with the world (as far as anyone is still driving these).

If anyone is still driving these, wants to make the mods and is somewhat handy with Carbon Fibre, just let me know and I'll send you the Autocad files which are 1/1.

Greetz

Quante
(btw Mathijs, I'll also be driving this one when I come to Velp :-) )

rinkrat99 05-02-2006 08:52 PM

Ride Height

Do you run the F1 on asphalt? If so, how do you get more height in the front when I have 60mm tires and all washers above the steering block?

Thanks

Quante 05-03-2006 01:02 PM

Well, atm I drive the asso front suspension so completely no probs with height...

But I dont recall a problem with getting enough chassis clearance in the front when I drove the Corally front. I do think that perhaps those 4 standoffs on which your suspension is mounted (with the rubbers) are upside down.
I used to (its been 4 years though) drive the tires to the rim without scraping the asphalt so its definately possible.

Greetz

rinkrat99 05-03-2006 02:04 PM

I got the car second hand and of course the Corally manual has no pics for it. I asked this question to Corally with no response yet

Nilezb 05-04-2006 01:49 AM

Nice job,

When I have some time in a few weeks, I will create something similar for the front axle, but I want to use a sort of CRC Carpet knife rear End, there should be sufficient space under the body...
Starting point is a Corally F1

I'll keep you updated...

Anyone experimented before.

Quante 05-04-2006 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by rinkrat99
I got the car second hand and of course the Corally manual has no pics for it. I asked this question to Corally with no response yet

I checked out my old suspension and there is a difference when you mount the poles upside down.
You can try to do this, it will gain you extra ride height. Could be you have to trim away some of the central damper pod so get the suspension going.

Let me know how it turned out.

Q

Pro ten Holland 05-05-2006 09:48 PM

Looks good Quante,
I assume you still use the leaf spring on the rear?
A CRC carpet knife setup shpuld really make an improvement!
When are you guys coming over?
There's a DMC race in Velp the 21st, but I'm guessing you are no DMC mebers LOL.

Quante 05-06-2006 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pro ten Holland
Looks good Quante,
I assume you still use the leaf spring on the rear?
A CRC carpet knife setup shpuld really make an improvement!
When are you guys coming over?
There's a DMC race in Velp the 21st, but I'm guessing you are no DMC mebers LOL.

Hi Mathijs,

Yep, still using the leafspring, made a testrun last wednesday and it was good.... real good. A lot stronger than the original suspension and easier to maintain in the rear.

We'll try to come over one of the following weekends, but I have a test on the 24th of may and only have time to study in the weekends so its pretty difficult for me.

We'll be in touch

Pro ten Holland 05-06-2006 10:23 AM

Have a look into making a tweak plate for the rear. This wil improve your car even further!

rinkrat99 05-06-2006 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of my front end. I do not see how we can adjust the height by moving these 4 spacers around due the center black piece.

[IMG]J:\DCIM\100HP817\F1 Front[/IMG]

Nilezb 05-10-2006 09:20 AM

Rinkrat,

Check the pancar page...

squarewheels 05-17-2010 03:57 AM

Hi. I wonder if you can help? I run the old Corally F1, on carpet, indoors. Could you recommend front foam tyres. I have used silverstar foams and can't get any bite in the corners.:confused:

Pro ten Holland 05-17-2010 04:04 AM

Check out the new Corally lilac fronts and pink rears.

squarewheels 05-28-2010 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pro ten Holland (Post 7415240)
Check out the new Corally lilac fronts and pink rears.

Thanks, I have ordered the new carbon fibre look Jaco's. These are lilac compound and should work on carpet as you suggest ;)

Pro ten Holland 05-29-2010 01:22 AM

The standard metric screws that hold the rear wheels have too large heads to fit properly in the Jaco rims. You will see what I mean if you have them in your hand.
Best order some aluminum screws (M3x12mm), put them in a dremel rotary tool and use a file or sandpaper to narrow the heads.
If you simply force the standard screws in your wheels will be deformed.