motor - hw 25.5 g3r - around 50 degree of timing
esc - hw stock spec set to blinky
diff setting - medium to loose
spur - 86t 64dp
pinion - 36t 64dp
radio - futaba 10px
servo - mks low profile
surface - dust blown parking lots

ISSUE - the car spins out on corner exit when any power is applied. I have to completely let off throttle and get the car straight before i can apply any power.

I have tried tuning with the following

throttle speed on radio - set to 40
throttle expo - set to mild low end
steering epa - currently set to 45 and i have a lot of steering still
Loosen diff - i get diff bark if i go any looser

Funny thing is, my brother runs his serpent sf4 like its a 4wd tc. Even funnier because I am the one who built and set it up lol. I have set my F22.1 to every similar, if not the same setup as his SF4.

Im not exactly sure where to go or what else to check and try. Would really appreciate your insight.
Old 06-24-2024, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hm. Some things I'd change or try or suggest
1.5 camber
0 toe
Turn ur servo throw steer down. Leave the return at 100
lower esc punch down 2
Nicer esc have throttle range I think from 0-30. Lower it if at 30.
Idk that car but if it has a top deck. Make it stiff.
Get just straight up med fronts or even med/hard.
hths you in taming ur f1 for on power steer.

Edit. Ball diff? Tighten it down. Turn ur throttle back to 100 on radio.
D
Old 06-25-2024, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Are you running soft springs and what’s in your damper tubes? Tire prep? Are you cleaning and saucing you tires? Are they broken in? I’d leave the diff where it is. The tires might need more time to come around. Look at the xray x1 manual, I use it for setup tips. Which rear wing are you running? I personally ally like the serpent rear wings, the narrow ones. Wing height is also key. …. Google “xray x1 setup helper” it’s a nice cheat sheet , you can get it off petitrc
maximebeauvais likes this.
Old 06-25-2024, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Leave everything as is, just change the tires to exotek medium/firm yellow front and soft or super soft in the rear. Make sure the tires are broken in exotek kinda takes awhile.
Old 06-25-2024, 09:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
Are you running soft springs and whats in your damper tubes? Tire prep? Are you cleaning and saucing you tires? Are they broken in? Id leave the diff where it is. The tires might need more time to come around. Look at the xray x1 manual, I use it for setup tips. Which rear wing are you running? I personally ally like the serpent rear wings, the narrow ones. Wing height is also key. . Google xray x1 setup helper its a nice cheat sheet , you can get it off petitrc
I clean my tires after every session with simple green. No tire sauce. Tires have been used on asphalt more than a doezen or so times. Running montech f22 front and rear wings. I have tried multiple setups from petitrc and the rear of this car does not want to stick when powering out of corners.
Old 06-25-2024, 09:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tony q
Leave everything as is, just change the tires to exotek medium/firm yellow front and soft or super soft in the rear. Make sure the tires are broken in exotek kinda takes awhile.
sounds good. I will try with the stock kit tires that came with it.

also, does anyone think ackerman adjusting could help? On this car, the adjustment is on the servo end and it currently is in the forward position causing the / \ angle. Would it help if I moved to \ /

also, the car is setup with SWB. Would changing to LWB help?

as for springs, i feel like the car is soft all around if I had to compare to the sf4. I do use tamiya firm grease in the damper tube.

and for a better description of the spin issue - it seems like the car is pivioting around the front insdie tire.
Old 06-25-2024, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Why no sauce? It’s a must in my opinion. Yes clean them every run, but you have to sauce on asphalt. I have my steering set so that it’s not too aggressive. Check your manual for settings of caster. Depending on how my front end feels, I only sauce the fronts for my liking. Try saucing the rears first. Exotek tires are good, I use yellow fronts and red rears. Haven’t needed double reds yet
Old 06-25-2024, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zerovandez
sounds good. I will try with the stock kit tires that came with it.

also, does anyone think ackerman adjusting could help? On this car, the adjustment is on the servo end and it currently is in the forward position causing the / \ angle. Would it help if I moved to \ /

also, the car is setup with SWB. Would changing to LWB help?

as for springs, i feel like the car is soft all around if I had to compare to the sf4. I do use tamiya firm grease in the damper tube.

and for a better description of the spin issue - it seems like the car is pivioting around the front insdie tire.
Just start with stock set up. Just change the tires, front tire toe out 1deg, full sauce in the rear and front tire do half sauce inner side.
Old 06-25-2024, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

F1 cars take alot to handle on old/gray asphalt. If the asphalt was just put down or seriously treated, then you will not have too many issues with handling.
The number one thing to check is wheel wobble: there should be 0.005mm or less all around.
Secondly, test all kinds of tire sauce in the rear first until the car pushes(understeers) constantly everywhere, then start saucing the inside fronts enough until you start getting on power corner rotation.
After that, it's all about smoothness on throttle and steering, and maybe slight setup changes...Good luck...
zerovandez likes this.
Old 06-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
Why no sauce? Its a must in my opinion. Yes clean them every run, but you have to sauce on asphalt. I have my steering set so that its not too aggressive. Check your manual for settings of caster. Depending on how my front end feels, I only sauce the fronts for my liking. Try saucing the rears first. Exotek tires are good, I use yellow fronts and red rears. Havent needed double reds yet
i used to sauce the tires. Honestly I cant tell the difference so I stopped. I used Paragon.
hunterdawg likes this.
Old 06-25-2024, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Paragon is still good,but that smell lol. Here is the setup helper. It should apply to most all f1 cars
Old 06-25-2024, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That is from 2016...