Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Which modified motor????????? >

Which modified motor?????????

Which modified motor?????????

Old 05-01-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Which modified motor?????????

having some tough time with orion v2's... sunday club race I've some how killed 2 arms..wires from the arms came undone on both of them !!!!!!!!
Now I would like to try some other companies ... reedy, trinity, checkpoint etc etc
looking for 8turn or 7 I was thinking about cobolt,shock,checkpoint,ti's

anyone have a good or bad experiences with any of these?

Thanx
Old 05-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Send them back to orion, orion will replaces them, send an email to Joe Pillars, they have great customer service. Low turn mods have this problem sometimes, because they spin so fast, same for checkpoint, trinity, etc. I have a DC 7x1 also throw a wire, Curtis just sent me a new one.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1shnot
having some tough time with orion v2's... sunday club race I've some how killed 2 arms..wires from the arms came undone on both of them !!!!!!!!
Now I would like to try some other companies ... reedy, trinity, checkpoint etc etc
looking for 8turn or 7 I was thinking about cobolt,shock,checkpoint,ti's

anyone have a good or bad experiences with any of these?

Thanx
I Have had good experiences with Team Checkpoint Motors. They run out well, maintenance is minimum and durability has been great.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Over the last year we have done extensive research and testing on the new Cobalt II motor. The new motors are the fastest motors I have ever ran. I am not just saying that becasue I race for Trinity. I let a couple local drivers here in Nor Cal try out a couple of my motors before they were available and they also said the same thing....that the motors were the fastest, yet had an excellent power band and drivability feel. The difference between the Cobalt and Cobalt II are durability (7 and 8 turns come with a "hat" which keep these low wind motors together). Also, the overal feel of the motor, top end, mid-range, and bottom end have all changed for the better.

And best of all....the durability of the motor and brush combo. With the low winds we are able to run the motor multiple runs with out changing the brushes, cutting down on cost of Mod racing.

Hope this helps you choose!

MF

Old 05-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Matt Francis
Over the last year we have done extensive research and testing on the new Cobalt II motor. The new motors are the fastest motors I have ever ran. I am not just saying that becasue I race for Trinity. I let a couple local drivers here in Nor Cal try out a couple of my motors before they were available and they also said the same thing....that the motors were the fastest, yet had an excellent power band and drivability feel. The difference between the Cobalt and Cobalt II are durability (7 and 8 turns come with a "hat" which keep these low wind motors together). Also, the overal feel of the motor, top end, mid-range, and bottom end have all changed for the better.

And best of all....the durability of the motor and brush combo. With the low winds we are able to run the motor multiple runs with out changing the brushes, cutting down on cost of Mod racing.

Hope this helps you choose!

MF

Thanx for the reply guys...

MATT I was looking into that, but as of now there is no hobbyshop in Toronto
has cobolt2 in stock.... But it does look nice
Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

anyone try "shock"?