Like Tree45Likes

Yokomo MS1.0

Old 05-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

I'm in the process of building mine. here are a few observations so far:

-The front belt runs really close to the front sway bar. That will be something to watch because I get the feeling it will rub in race condition. I must say that I'm a little dubious about this whole sway bar arrangement. I'm sure it will work, but changing them will require more time than with other cars.
-The rear toe turnbuckles are a pain to put on if you follow the manual sequence. Put the turnbuckles on the rear upper bulkheads before putting installing them on. With the rear arms in place, it is near impossible to snap the turnbuckles in place if you follow the instructions.
-The quality of the machining is flawless, as always.
-The screw holes in the chassis are slightly tight, but this makes the bulkhead alignment easier. They were perfectly aligned even without my alignment tool.
-Shocks are silky smooth.

Martin Paradis
Old 05-19-2024, 06:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rhodopsine
I'm in the process of building mine. here are a few observations so far:

-The front belt runs really close to the front sway bar. That will be something to watch because I get the feeling it will rub in race condition. I must say that I'm a little dubious about this whole sway bar arrangement. I'm sure it will work, but changing them will require more time than with other cars.
-The rear toe turnbuckles are a pain to put on if you follow the manual sequence. Put the turnbuckles on the rear upper bulkheads before putting installing them on. With the rear arms in place, it is near impossible to snap the turnbuckles in place if you follow the instructions.
-The quality of the machining is flawless, as always.
-The screw holes in the chassis are slightly tight, but this makes the bulkhead alignment easier. They were perfectly aligned even without my alignment tool.
-Shocks are silky smooth.

Martin Paradis
FA piacere che condividi le rimi impressioni su questo nuovo kit, tienici aggiornati sul montaggio ed eventuali note.. Grazie
Old 05-19-2024, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

A few more observations:

-If you plan on racing 21.5, get yourself some smaller Axon spurs. The biggest pinion I was able to fit with the stock spur is 39 teeth. Bigger pinions will fit the motor mount, but you can't move the motor far enough to mesh with the spur. Also, I tried with other spur brands I had in hands and either they seem to be too wide where the drive pulley goes or the pulley pegs don't fit in them, so save yourself some headaches and just get some Axon spurs.
-Pre tap the rear shock tower graphite plate where the 4 mm set screw goes to hold the rear body posts. Mine started to split when I tried to put the set screw in. A drop of CA and a vise fixed it until I get a replacement, but that could have been avoided by taping the hole.
-Putting or removing screws on the motor mount and top decks make a huge difference in torsional flex. Quite a lot of adjustability there.
-There's not a lot of extra space to put on some extra weight. Tungsten plates under the receiver and ESC are your friend.
-The included fan mount is quite nice. I was able to fit pretty much any fan I had, 30mm, 35mm and 40mm.
-If you use an Xray servo saver, you will need to shave about a millimeter off the right side to have full lock when turning left, otherwise the saver hits the servo mount. Top center hole and shim as per manual, it fits perfectly.

I won't be able to try the car before June so I can't comment about performance yet.

Hope this helps!
Martin Paradis
racing_jason and Tizianino like this.
Old 05-21-2024, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Who sells these kits here in the US?
busman likes this.
Old 05-22-2024, 08:11 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm still finishing to build my BD12 and they have released this new car 😅
Old 05-22-2024, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Realtek
Who sells these kits here in the US?
AMain is the official distrubutor in the US so I guess they will have it first. I ordered mine from Japan since no LHS near me stock Yokomo.

Martin Paradis
Old 05-25-2024, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

A few pics of my MS 1.0 build. I found a solution to the front belt rubbing on the sway bar. There’s an extra hole where you can put a 6x3 mm bearing on the motor mount. That bearing acts sort like a belt tensioner but it also raises the belt enough to clear the front bar. I figure that the extra drag caused by the bearing will be less than rubbing on de sway bar and the belt will wear less.

gwhiz likes this.
Old 06-06-2024, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

It's that time , my first TC in years
Old 06-09-2024, 11:12 PM
Tech Adept

I'm not the best with the wiring, but that's pretty good for me! Agree the clearance front belt to swaybar is close, but I'll run it and see. My front belt tension is good with the spool as high as it goes (middle tension position). If I shred it, be a good excuse to put low friction belts on

racing_jason likes this.
Old 06-10-2024, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Looks clean to me! Enjoy your ride!

Martin Paradis
Old 06-14-2024, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Noticed these new option parts:

MS-008T Turnbuckle Upper Arm Set for MS1.0

And FRP chassis

MS-002S FRP main chassis for MS1.0 (2.5mm)

Tizianino likes this.