Like Tree50Likes

Yokomo MS1.0

Old 05-03-2024, 05:18 AM
  #61  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 6,389
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MylesB
I will just need to wait for the adjustable turnbuckle to come out as an option then. It will be the first time you see anything in the Yokomo manual or factory racers setup sheets on caster settings. I like the mention of a fiixed hub carrier benefit so the caster doesn't get tweaked. It would be nice if you could buy different degrees of fixed hub carries and their cheep. Racing is about corner speed and adjusting caster is part of that equation.
Caster is rarely used as a tuning option these days, it's almost always just set to 4 degrees.

You don't even need to wait for the turnbuckle option though. Just buy some turnbuckles and ball ends from pretty much any brand.
Isaac and rccartips like this.
gigaplex is online now  
Old 05-03-2024, 12:15 PM
  #62  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Madison, Wi
Posts: 37
Default

You can believe that if you want to, but add 1 or 2 (give or take) of front caster then try less toe in the rear (might not be benificial on some cars) and change your rear springs (most likely one setting stiffer) that work best on your track. Then change the dive and lower the front ride height until you don't need push brake anymore (run a few battery packs to adjust). Then try to tell me 4 degrees is where you think the pro's have it. This should be a positive change (corner speed) in your lap times. There are some things pro's will never reveal. Please prove me wrong.


-Yokomo to the end unless

- Carpet Racer
MylesB is offline  
Old 05-03-2024, 03:00 PM
  #63  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 6,389
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MylesB
You can believe that if you want to, but add 1 or 2 (give or take) of front caster then try less toe in the rear (might not be benificial on some cars) and change your rear springs (most likely one setting stiffer) that work best on your track. Then change the dive and lower the front ride height until you don't need push brake anymore (run a few battery packs to adjust). Then try to tell me 4 degrees is where you think the pro's have it. This should be a positive change (corner speed) in your lap times. There are some things pro's will never reveal. Please prove me wrong.


-Yokomo to the end unless

- Carpet Racer
I run mod. Push brake will always be needed. I currently run Mugen where caster is easily adjusted and I've tried all the stuff you already mentioned and I'm back at 4 degrees (with some anti dive). Volkers setup sheets almost always use 4 degrees (frequently with anti dive), so unless you think he is lying, that's what he uses.
gigaplex is online now  
Old 05-04-2024, 04:13 AM
  #64  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Madison, Wi
Posts: 37
Default

If you look at PETICRC and i didn't go thru them all, but you will see 3 to 5 degrees of caster on racers setup sheets. Most would agree you don't pick out one racer to justify all. But i do think factory racers don't alway give out all there secrets - my opinion.

Last edited by MylesB; 05-04-2024 at 09:37 PM.
MylesB is offline  
Old 05-04-2024, 05:48 AM
  #65  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 6,389
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MylesB
If you look at PITICRC and i didn't go thru them all, but you will see 3 to 5 degrees of caster on racers setup sheets. Most would agree you don't pick out one racer to justify all. But i do think factory racers don't alway give out all there secrets - my opinion.
No idea what PITICRC is, but after 2 pages of caster talk already, just get some turnbuckles.
gigaplex is online now  
Old 05-04-2024, 07:16 AM
  #66  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
DirkW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,679
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

In TC racing (unlike pan cars) I haven't actually seen much of caster change, especially with c-hub cars. People tended to play with other setup options mostly. And if the greater or smaller than four degree parts didn't sell well, I can imagine manufacturers decide not to offer these any more. With different designs (e.g. AWE) things obviously change.
DirkW is online now  
Old 05-07-2024, 12:32 AM
  #67  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Madison, Wi
Posts: 37
Default

I hear the sound of crickets again, so i will keep posting about Caster until the MS 1.0 comes out. That makes sense, you need numbers to make caster blocks as an upgrade part. That's probably why most new touring cars have that as an adjustment from what i see on the PETITRC setup sheets from different manufactors, just not Yokomo. I corrected the setup sheet site name, it is PETITRC - setup - setup sheet, and scroll down to see all the factory setups. I hope gigab-t is still trolling and no i will not buy somebody else's parts on a brand new car because they don't have a caster adjustment like everybody else - thats a red flag to me. But that's my opinion.
MylesB is offline  
Old 05-07-2024, 01:53 AM
  #68  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,617
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MylesB
I hear the sound of crickets again, so i will keep posting about Caster until the MS 1.0 comes out. That makes sense, you need numbers to make caster blocks as an upgrade part. That's probably why most new touring cars have that as an adjustment from what i see on the PETITRC setup sheets from different manufactors, just not Yokomo. I corrected the setup sheet site name, it is PETITRC - setup - setup sheet, and scroll down to see all the factory setups. I hope gigab-t is still trolling and no i will not buy somebody else's parts on a brand new car because they don't have a caster adjustment like everybody else - thats a red flag to me. But that's my opinion.
I believe the turnbuckle links to adjust caster are an original optional part made by Yokomo for the MS1.0.

Refer to the picture on the very first post of this thread.
gigaplex likes this.
rccartips is offline  
Old 05-07-2024, 02:49 AM
  #69  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,010
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rccartips
I believe the turnbuckle links to adjust caster are an original optional part made by Yokomo for the MS1.0.

Refer to the picture on the very first post of this thread.
At this point i think its more of a prototype than option. They could test the car ASAP with the turnbuckles instead of waiting for molds to be manufactured and pumping out thousands just to be wasted if it doesnt work out.
disaster999 is offline  
Old 05-07-2024, 03:21 AM
  #70  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Madison, Wi
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by disaster999
At this point i think its more of a prototype than option. They could test the car ASAP with the turnbuckles instead of waiting for molds to be manufactured and pumping out thousands just to be wasted if it doesnt work out.
Very good point, but i hope they do come up with something. I have no problem of Yokomo taking as much time as it takes to make a good Sedan. I really want this car, but it should have caster for fine tuning to have competitive corner speed. Maybe that's why i'm overstating my point. I will put my comments on hold until it comes out.
MylesB is offline  
Old 05-07-2024, 05:38 AM
  #71  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 6,389
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MylesB
Very good point, but i hope they do come up with something. I have no problem of Yokomo taking as much time as it takes to make a good Sedan. I really want this car, but it should have caster for fine tuning to have competitive corner speed. Maybe that's why i'm overstating my point. I will put my comments on hold until it comes out.
You've been told multiple times already that Yokomo will be making a turnbuckle option available.


gigaplex is online now  
Old 05-14-2024, 12:28 AM
  #72  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,612
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

anyone running it yet ?
kschu is offline  
Old 05-14-2024, 08:43 AM
  #73  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 237
Default

Originally Posted by MylesB
You can believe that if you want to, but add 1 or 2 (give or take) of front caster then try less toe in the rear (might not be benificial on some cars) and change your rear springs (most likely one setting stiffer) that work best on your track. Then change the dive and lower the front ride height until you don't need push brake anymore (run a few battery packs to adjust). Then try to tell me 4 degrees is where you think the pro's have it. This should be a positive change (corner speed) in your lap times. There are some things pro's will never reveal. Please prove me wrong.


-Yokomo to the end unless

- Carpet Racer
That would take grip away in low bit and cause too much rotation. getting the chassis flat in the corners is the key to maintaining corner speed. Caster isn't affecting how the rolls to the point it's a game changer. Caster is more of fine tuning option. As in if you need a bit more or a bit less of something, then you could help fine tune your setup on race. If you're making that big of change, Then the car was never in the correct operating window. BTW the pro's do give their setup advice. A couple guys I race got all the setup advice from Martin hudy and he didn't hold anything back and none those suggestions involved caster.
Mig89 is offline  
Old 05-14-2024, 08:53 AM
  #74  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 237
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex
I run mod. Push brake will always be needed. I currently run Mugen where caster is easily adjusted and I've tried all the stuff you already mentioned and I'm back at 4 degrees (with some anti dive). Volkers setup sheets almost always use 4 degrees (frequently with anti dive), so unless you think he is lying, that's what he uses.
concur. I tried running my caster all the way back and forward on my mct2r and 4deg being the sweet spot in the front and a .5mm of antidive. as for the rear, I personally don't notice any difference but that's probably to my skill level. I personally think the turnbuckles are influencing the flex characteristics more than anything or so you can have the piece of mind everything is set even left to right.

Caster on my nitro sedan is a different story but I also have an adjust range of 6-14 degrees and it runs on foams.
Mig89 is offline  
Old 05-14-2024, 10:36 PM
  #75  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,612
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

anyone using protective sticker in the lowerdeck ?
jag88 likes this.
kschu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.