Like Tree44Likes

Yokomo MS1.0

Old 04-27-2024, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nothing stopping you from ginning up an AMX/Schumacher style upper arm arrangement and adjust caster in fairly fine increments with turnbuckles.
However this does introduce an obligation, in my opinion, to adjust and check camber and caster more regularly than with a fixed upper arm. Some people dislike this.

Old 04-27-2024, 11:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes apparently if you want to adjust caster, you need to buy the dual top link. I think in an interview during last speed king tour race, the car designer says it will not be included in the box.
But I didn’t heard something about optional bulckhead… sound strange to me!

It is a nice car I think and the price is more affordable. But the spares…. It can be a problem with yokomo today, if you look at the rs1.0 there is shortage on a significant amount of part since it release.
Old 04-27-2024, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Leaving this here is anyone find it useful: https://site.petitrc.com/reglages/yokomo/setupms1.0/
Old 04-28-2024, 09:40 PM
Tech Initiate

It's the same old Yokomo adjustment using a spacer under the front bulk head that also messes with the ride height (easy fix) and the dive. And with spacers what do you gain? 1/2 a degree?

I don't under stand it. Good luck factory racers in competing this year.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Seen this car in person. Nico was here in Bakersfield testing at finishline. Car looked good on the track. Think he might've had the prototype because the black aluminum was in silver.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MylesB
It's the same old Yokomo adjustment using a spacer under the front bulk head that also messes with the ride height (easy fix) and the dive. And with spacers what do you gain? 1/2 a degree?

I don't under stand it. Good luck factory racers in competing this year.
Er, that won't work on this car
Old 04-29-2024, 01:45 AM
Tech Initiate

How do you change the caster then?
Old 04-29-2024, 02:01 AM
Tech Champion

How do you change the caster then?
There's no C hub, you need to change the positioning of the upper arms. Without seeing the manual I can't say with certainty whether there's a kit option, but you could swap the top arms with dual turnbuckles.
Old 04-29-2024, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

From Yokomo product presentation:

"The A-type upper arm newly adopted in MS1.0 is a resin-integrated type that is easy to adjust, and a turnbuckle adjustment type that allows you to freely change the alignment is also sold as an option."

Manual is also available here: https://teamyokomo.com/product/msr-010/

Tom6440 likes this.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kentech
From Yokomo product presentation:

"The A-type upper arm newly adopted in MS1.0 is a resin-integrated type that is easy to adjust, and a turnbuckle adjustment type that allows you to freely change the alignment is also sold as an option."

Manual is also available here: https://teamyokomo.com/product/msr-010/

Thanks for the confirmation.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Nice play of words "alignment". You should of said what it really is. Everything except caster. When they make a car you can change the caster i will have one in my cart otherwise i'm going with the Mi9 by the end of May.

Old 05-02-2024, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Nice play of words "alignment". You should of said what it really is. Everything except caster. When they make a car you can change the caster i will have one in my cart otherwise i'm going with the Mi9 by the end of May.
Yes, the dual top link setup which will be available as an option lets you freely adjust alignment, including caster. Lengthen the front link and shorten the rear link simultaneously moves the top of the hub back, increasing caster. You can freely adjust it as stated
gigaplex likes this.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Not sure it's an attempt to make a play on words...just a translation that didn't return the output you expected...Caster will still be adjustable with the dual link.... (like it is on the Mi9)....
gigaplex likes this.
Old 05-02-2024, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

I'm not sure why you're so obsessed with finding a car with adjustable caster when you don't seem to grasp the basics of how it works. The turnbuckle type is exactly how the Mi9 works.
Old 05-03-2024, 04:28 AM
Tech Initiate

I will just need to wait for the adjustable turnbuckle to come out as an option then. It will be the first time you see anything in the Yokomo manual or factory racers setup sheets on caster settings. I like the mention of a fiixed hub carrier benefit so the caster doesn't get tweaked. It would be nice if you could buy different degrees of fixed hub carries and their cheep. Racing is about corner speed and adjusting caster is part of that equation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.