Like Tree328Likes

Tamiya TRF 421

Old 02-04-2024, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I meant Ifmar Worlds title Bankruptcy guys...Life is not all about the bottom line guys...Let's see if they will win another Worlds...Their philosophy is way too self centered for success...
Old 02-04-2024, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I meant Ifmar Worlds title Bankruptcy guys...Life is not all about the bottom line guys...Let's see if they will win another Worlds...Their philosophy is way too self centered for success...
That's not what that word means
ChrisP and Cashman5150 like this.
Old 02-05-2024, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

No need to get crazy about all the details, but the fact is Marc left and won the NYGP with an Awesomatix: enough said...Others will follow suit period...Zuqbu should have videos of the tc421 in the Dmain soon...Cheers...Peace..
Marc is super talented and could beat all of us here using a plastic tub car.

But immediately post TRF running infinity he also couldn’t win on the regular. He too needs a decent car and the TRF certainly was at one point.

“enough said” indeed.

gigaplex likes this.
Old 02-05-2024, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
That's not what that word means
I doubt he has any idea what half the words that get auto typed on his phone for him mean.
Old 02-05-2024, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

​​​​​nice moving of the goal posts Bert.
Dan, ChrisP and gigaplex like this.
Old 02-05-2024, 05:27 AM
h2e
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Listening to the interview with the designer, it seems they did account for customers needs (both Japanese and international). It might not be the most extreme design, but close enough to be a good offering. I like the fact they include ARB and topdeck options.
Let's see how the first owners judge the car...
Raman likes this.
Old 02-05-2024, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Life is not about the bottom line and RC is not about racing. These high end RC chassis make a up a fraction of annual RC sales. The group of us that compete also make up a very small group.

Tamiya walked away from the worlds competition in 2016 when they sacked their entire team, Marc included. Eight years later, they still have no plans on competing on any official capacity at IMFAR. So unless an independent driver decide to compete at that level with a Tamiya kit, you won't see one.

You are absolutely right about them being self centred. They typcially make kits based on feedback from their local market in Japan. A large portion of these TRF421 kits will be picked up by Tamiya collectors. A handful will be used at club races. At the end of its run, they will be completely sold out, as has been the case with the TRF419 (WE / X/ XR), TRF420 (X). They are nowhere to be found.
foampervert, gigaplex and Kopikaps like this.

Last edited by Raman; 02-05-2024 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-05-2024, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Posted the official product description and specification, which contains a lot of details on the design and contents of the kit.

https://kentech.wordpress.com/2024/0...-product-info/

Overall the info confirms most things mentioned in previous blog posts from last week.

Dan the Man and Raman like this.
Old 02-05-2024, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Raman
Life is not about the bottom line and RC is not about racing. These high end RC chassis make a up a fraction of annual RC sales. The group of us that compete also make up a very small group.

Tamiya walked away from the worlds competition in 2016 when they sacked their entire team, Marc included. Eight years later, they still have no plans on competing on any official capacity at IMFAR. So unless an independent driver decide to compete at that level with a Tamiya kit, you won't see one.

You are absolutely right about them being self centred. They typcially make kits based on feedback from their local market in Japan. A large portion of these TRF421 kits will be picked up by Tamiya collectors. A handful will be used at club races. At the end of its run, they be completely sold out, as has been the case with the TRF419 (WE / X/ XR), TRF420 (X). They are nowhere to be found.
Let's hope they are not purchasing their own kits, making them unavailable....
Also Kregger, I know most companies are loaded but only a few can claim to have won an Ifmar Worlds: for companies it should be about bragging rights...If you can't win anymore, then you'll disappear soon: title bankruptcy....I did not move the goal posts too far...Hopefully everybody here that disagrees with Bert will buy a mtc421 or two just to prove him wrong...lol...Bert is such a Wakanda rctech gentleman: thanks MJ...lol...

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 02-05-2024 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-05-2024, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Let's hope they are not purchasing their own kits, making them unavailable....
Also Kregger, I know most companies are loaded but only a few can claim to have won an Ifmar Worlds: for companies it should be about bragging rights...If you can't win anymore, then you'll disappear soon: title brankruptcy....I did not move the goal posts too far...Hopefully everybody here that disagrees with Bert will buy a mtc421 or two just to prove him wrong...lol...Bert is such a Wakanda rctech gentleman: thanks MJ...lol...
When was the last time Mugen or Awesomatix won an IFMAR ISTC world title? If they're no good then why are so many companies copying them?
Old 02-05-2024, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Comes with a specific carrying case....they know their market!

Zack
Old 02-05-2024, 01:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZackM

Zack
All of their higher end kits do. That is what makes them awesome.
Old 02-05-2024, 01:48 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kregger
​​​​​nice moving of the goal posts Bert.
Yep, he totally meant business bankruptcy in that first post.

Ifmar title bankruptcy....hahaha....who even says that! Last I checked, the companies that held the most ifmar TC titles were Tamiya and Yokomo.
Raman and gigaplex like this.
Old 02-05-2024, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZackM

Zack
Hell, I'd buy it just for the collector value of a NIB kit inside it's special little home.
Old 02-05-2024, 02:15 PM
Suspended

I think Tamiya did a great job on the new High End kit as well as the EVO and the tub chassis TA08R ( Which is somewhat based off of this ). Will the kit be expensive, yes it will, will it be hard to find in two years, pretty sure it will be twice as much. ( These kits are like old JDM cars, they just increase in value.

Tamiya MAIN object is plastic model kits, that is the bread and butter. The fact a company can release a kit like this, still have plastic model kits, educational kits, TRF cars, TCS racing, mini 4WD ( cars and races ) is pretty extraordinary. Hell traxxas can't even give you one of these that is decent.
Dan the Man, Raman, AW106 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Metalsoft; 02-05-2024 at 02:25 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.