Wiki Posts
Search

weight scale or tweak station

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default weight scale or tweak station

hi im just confuse ,or just wanna know if i can use a weight distribution scale made buy integy, or use a tweak station ,to check my tweak... cause on tweak station your checking which side got more weight than the other right? while on the weight scale its the samething.is it possible that i can either use the scale??

just needed some expert advice..thanx
Old 04-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I like the tweak scale better. Its small... easy to take to the track.... simple to setup and use.... and the simpler something is the less chance I can screw it up
Old 04-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

i agree on that,,but let me just make it clear.. that you also agree that using the scale is same as using the tweak station? ryt?
Old 04-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Scales are good at home when you first setup a car with electronics to get the weight in the right place. After that you can just use the MIP tweak station at the track to set your corner weights right. You cannot use the tweak station to set the weight right in the car. You can use scales to the set the corner weights at the track but they are on the delicate side and bulky to transport.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinggoy
hi im just confuse ,or just wanna know if i can use a weight distribution scale made buy integy, or use a tweak station ,to check my tweak... cause on tweak station your checking which side got more weight than the other right? while on the weight scale its the samething.is it possible that i can either use the scale??

just needed some expert advice..thanx
I use 4 scales to balance my car, check for tweek and set preloads on shocks. I find it the most accurate way to do these three items. The biggest drawback is it is bulky, not convenient at the track compared to a tweek station. IMHO, you have both, the scales at home and tweek station at the track.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is Integy digital weight system any good? It's the one with 3 stands for 3 of the axles and the fourth axle rests on the scale. I know that you have to the move the chassis or the scale so that you get a ready which is a pain. But is it a good system to figure out your weight distribution?
Old 04-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

im gonna figure it out sooner im bidding right now on a integy weight scale.... im just confuse on which to use if i use the scale and if its not balance can i adjust the preload? to balance it... cause i dont think putting physical weight will help..while in tweak station you can just adjust the preload..

newbie. need advice
Old 04-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

I have 4 of THESE and they work great.........the price is right also and they are small. I f you get diferent ones , make sure they are at least 500g. limit.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

im gonna figure it out sooner im bidding right now on a integy weight scale.... im just confuse on which to use if i use the scale and if its not balance can i adjust the preload? to balance it... cause i dont think putting physical weight will help..while in tweak station you can just adjust the preload..

newbie. need advice
Oh.........you mean THIS
Old 04-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

GOT ME ON THAT. I JUST WANNA TRY IT..
Old 04-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

GOT ME ON THAT. I JUST WANNA TRY IT..
It is kinda a pain moving the scale to each wheel. You can set the balance easier with 4 because you can see what weight is on all 4 wheels at one time..............
Old 04-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

have 4 of THESE and they work great.........the price is right also and they are small. I f you get diferent ones , make sure they are at least 500g. li
THEY ARE KINDA EXPENSIVE..I JUST BID ON THIS CAUSE ITS STILL CHEAP.. BUT I JUST WANNA KNOW WHICH ONE IS MORE USEFULL I MEAN EASY TO USE CAUSE IN THE TWEAK STATION YOU JUST HAVE TO ADJUST THE PRELOAD(PRIOR TO THE DROOP AND RIDE HIEGHT,) CAUSE IM RUNNING A T2 RIGHT NOW AND A COUPLE OF TWEAKS HERE AND THERE AND ITS A CHALLENGE FOR ME TO HANDLE THAT SITUATION.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

THEY ARE KINDA EXPENSIVE..I JUST BID ON THIS CAUSE ITS STILL CHEAP.. BUT I JUST WANNA KNOW WHICH ONE IS MORE USEFULL I MEAN EASY TO USE CAUSE IN THE TWEAK STATION YOU JUST HAVE TO ADJUST THE PRELOAD(PRIOR TO THE DROOP AND RIDE HIEGHT,) CAUSE IM RUNNING A T2 RIGHT NOW AND A COUPLE OF TWEAKS HERE AND THERE AND ITS A CHALLENGE FOR ME TO HANDLE THAT SITUATION.
Scales are much easier and less hassle. Easier to store , and they take up less room on the pit table, they are more accurate then a bubble on a tweak board. You can move 1 spring tensioner 1/4 of a turn and change the weight of the car by 10g. they are that sensitive...........
Old 04-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've also seen some of our sponsored LFGs using only two scales. If U use them for weighing the front or rear, seperately, they would act as a "tweak" jig. U wood just hafta set the opposite end on something that is of equal height.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi slotmachine,

I also want to buy these scales but i wonder if they are al exact the same height. If not then you will get false readings. When you set your tweak with the scales and you change the scales from place ,do you still get the same readings as before?

Grtzz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.