Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Back in it after 9 years (help)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Back in it after 9 years (help)

Well I am getting back in to rc car racing after 9 years away. Going to be racing carpet oval using a rc10l3 and l4 I still have everything I have ever bought but I want to buy new battery's, charger, motors, dyno and probably speed controller also I have always been partial to my futaba magnum jr's and will probably stay with that. I will be running 6cell stock. I was doing some reading on those team orion lipo's sounds like that will be the ticket.

Any Suggestions on whats hot now days would be a big help.

Thanks
Old 04-27-2006, 02:13 AM
Tech Rookie

You should go to the club or track you'll be racing at and see what they're using.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wolfesracing
Well I am getting back in to rc car racing after 9 years away. Going to be racing carpet oval using a rc10l3 and l4 I still have everything I have ever bought but I want to buy new battery's, charger, motors, dyno and probably speed controller also I have always been partial to my futaba magnum jr's and will probably stay with that. I will be running 6cell stock. I was doing some reading on those team orion lipo's sounds like that will be the ticket.

Any Suggestions on whats hot now days would be a big help.

Thanks
Welcome back, If you are going with the Plat Lipos, the Orion Advantage Charger is the way to go. The rest is personal preference, I happen to like the Novak products, for the ESC you can't go wrong with the GTX, the size is small, and they have been very reliable for me. Motors - the new Trintiy CO27 has been good, and Putnam has tuned mortors that run out real well. I use my APS charger for my motor dyno, good all purpose charger and the motor dyno feature is quite good.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

here is what i think you should buy

ESC: robitronik Icube
Battery: IB 3800 from teambrood
Motor : CO27 from team brood again.
charger: duratrax ice intellipeak i have all thoose things andi am very happy
Old 04-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Rookie

the ICE charger is great the price is cheap and it can do many things that other chargers can't at the same price