Wiki Posts
Search

Sponsorship

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 01:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Sponsorship

Hi,

I would like to know what sponsorship types there are and what they offer i.e Do you get free equipment (car and electronics) or if you get sponsored by a shop is it discount you get..

Thanks in advance
Old 04-27-2006, 01:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey sponsership range from, the Local hobby shop giving a small discount. to motor builders, coming up to a racer and saying"nice run would you like to run my motor for this season" to manufacturs giving kits to poeple so that there car is out in the public eye. to all out factory drivers. which they get paid to race, R/D new products and improve on existing products. In which they get all expensives paid as travel and hotel, and also get paid a salary. There are a hand full of factory drivers. they are usally the top racers in the world. I hope this help.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Well getting help is hard. I know a few real good racers national level and been to many large races and they all earn what they got. Most race real well club racing and move to top races and do well,those get most 50-60% off. Lots of hard work gets ya there and all supporters offer something diffrent.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Talking

Just remember, in this "SPORT" any help is alwas good help
Old 04-27-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

ohh right i get you guys. Thanks for all the help!

its just that i feel i have what it takes to be up there but funds are a real problem for me so i have 2 settle for 2nd hand and to an extent low quality equipment. Wouldnt it be good if Manufacturers etc Held trials to see who they would sign to their team and stuff. lol
Old 04-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

if you're looking for a "try out" go to a "big" event that's local to you...Drive like you know you can, be a good sportsman, talk to your potiential manufacturers you'd like to get sponsored by (but DON'T TALK SPONSORSHIP)...Let them see a face with a name and skill

it takes a little bit of work on your part...2nd hand equipment should not mean anything...if you can drive, you can drive - it don't matter if its a top-of-the-line TC or an original Tamiya TA01...they will see and notice talent...

but you gotta be able to show you can win or at least do very well at big events...Just for the record, some manufacturers also look at local racers for percentage sponsorship...so do good and practice, practice, practice...
Old 04-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

The sponsorship structure can vary on the manufacturer.

Some give a sliding scale on the discount offered for their goods,others give their team drivers equipment but this is usually only for the "very good" drivers in their team.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

yeh, you guys have helped me with all the info. Im gonna take your advice and us perform on a regular basis untill i get noticed and hopefully this will bring a sponsorship deal my way!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by losi-sw
ohh right i get you guys. Thanks for all the help!

its just that i feel i have what it takes to be up there but funds are a real problem for me so i have 2 settle for 2nd hand and to an extent low quality equipment. Wouldnt it be good if Manufacturers etc Held trials to see who they would sign to their team and stuff. lol
i've been in the same boat for a couple of years. when ever i get new batts and tires im fast, but without them it's dificult to win or even place. i can say this much thought, we have an advantege beacuse when we do win with are crappy equipment we get to say "wow, i cant belive i beat you i'm running 2 year old tires and batts" just think if your fast with crap you are going to be even faster with good stuff

"it's not what you drive, but how you drive it"
Old 04-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

yeh i realised that aswell. the more of impact you make unsponsored, imagine the damage you could do being sponsored lol! watch out for my name believe me i will be with the worlds elite in a few years!!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

good luck man wish u the best u should try geting in the reedy race thats a shure ticket to get sponsord if u win or do well
Old 04-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Bill
Well getting help is hard. I know a few real good racers national level and been to many large races and they all earn what they got. Most race real well club racing and move to top races and do well,those get most 50-60% off. Lots of hard work gets ya there and all supporters offer something diffrent.
correct me if Im wrong but isnt that 50% sponsorship of the retail price? I have a few friends that are 50% sponsored (nitro) and they get 50% of retail price and it comes to about 10%off the store price

I have 4 guys that run my motors and they are 100% ,
Old 04-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

One thing you have to keep in mind, You need to be racing beacause your enjoying it. Your sole goal should not be to get free stuff or sponsorship. Second hand gear is fine, buying a used GT7 to run against a new GTX is hardly running slow or old technology. I hear guys claiming the went faster when they got there GTX stepping up from there GT7! BS! They dropped some COIN and of course they "feel" they are faster(and they should they spent money)

Also its BS that a guy finishes second and cannot win because he is not sponsored and the guy winning is. Fact of the matter is your running equipment thats built in the last 2-3 years and your running current matched cells and keep a clean tuned motor your have every bit the chance of winning races if your a better driver and mechanic.

You can only run one motor,one battery and one set of tires in the A-main, the guy with a box load free gear can't be one up on you if your both running your best gear at the end of the day

PS-Promote racing, be positive, help others, smile, dont swear, take a shower before you go to the track, keep a clean pit, brush your teeth, marchall when your supposed, race hard,dont hack, win races, or finish high in the A....and never brag about what gear your getting for free or a discount. Sponsorship goes to or should go to a well rounded racer.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Get your hands on the may issue of rc car mag, it has a nice article in it about sponsorship. There is a "season" that the bigger companys start looking for new talent usually towards the end of the year, everything that has been said so far is true just keep in mind there are hundreds of people going after the same thing each year you just have to set your self apart from the rest.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
One thing you have to keep in mind, You need to be racing beacause your enjoying it. Your sole goal should not be to get free stuff or sponsorship. Second hand gear is fine, buying a used GT7 to run against a new GTX is hardly running slow or old technology. I hear guys claiming the went faster when they got there GTX stepping up from there GT7! BS! They dropped some COIN and of course they "feel" they are faster(and they should they spent money)

Also its BS that a guy finishes second and cannot win because he is not sponsored and the guy winning is. Fact of the matter is your running equipment thats built in the last 2-3 years and your running current matched cells and keep a clean tuned motor your have every bit the chance of winning races if your a better driver and mechanic.

You can only run one motor,one battery and one set of tires in the A-main, the guy with a box load free gear can't be one up on you if your both running your best gear at the end of the day

PS-Promote racing, be positive, help others, smile, dont swear, take a shower before you go to the track, keep a clean pit, brush your teeth, marchall when your supposed, race hard,dont hack, win races, or finish high in the A....and never brag about what gear your getting for free or a discount. Sponsorship goes to or should go to a well rounded racer.
very true ,,,,,, in my case i look for drivers that are good driver dont need
to be a A - MAIN DRIVE winning big races, my goal is to buld top motors
and battes for all kinds of levels. some of my guys never made it in a A-MAIN but giveing them the best i have to offer and work as a team they are getting there. so it not all about getting good deals it about team work . so sponsorship to me is being on a team is learning from are fast guys and and inproving set ups tuning and what ever you need help on

so if you want to join a fast growing team let me know my doors
alway open to help others

Last edited by motorhead; 04-29-2006 at 07:28 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.