R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #76
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

Barry- you are dead on. You win a free lap dance at the reedy race, and it's not from me...it's from Bagal!!!
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:24 PM   #77
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to BrettBowen

I think this year proved that there is a handfull of guys that can lay it down at any point in time, it just depends who best has their $hit together at that particular race. Cuffs is always fast, Dayger is always fast, Drew, EA, Lopez, Robinson, Herrmann, even the new kids on the block; langolis and harbke showed they can lay it down. I would have to say the best DRIVER is still "Micro Peel" Travis Schreven. He hasn't had his head fully in the game lately, but runs lines that nobody else can see. He hasn't had the best of luck, and I believe luck is a direct representation of effort put in, but he is the most talented driver. As far as having his $hit together, I'd say it is Robinson for the last couple years. Gotta represent the NW crew!

Brett
BrettBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:03 AM   #78
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

If we are talking about all time in the last 15 years or so I would have to say hands down Chuck Lonergan!! He may be a little older now but i believe he has a bunch of national titles to hold, he has all the fast stock secrets you would ever want to get if you could get them !! The man is Superman in 1/12th stock class!!

If you want to talk about right now this year, I watched Goetz tear the track up in stock at the Michigan state champs this last weekend with ultra smooth lines and just chillin on the drivers stand like no one was even in his world.. Ide put my money on him if he had sponsor help!

I would say like Barry said, that you would have to consider many different things, like sponsors and who has the better batts---we all know that it takes lots of voltage to rule stock class--- so most of the time the person that travels and has moderate cells will qualify well but not hit the podium. The person usually on the podium has a battery sponsor and motor help. maybe the question should be changed or broken up into many questions??
Old 04-26-2006, 01:22 AM   #79
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

If you count what matters, and thats race wins. I'd say the best over the past two years would be Cuffs and Dayger.. a lot of wins between the two. Peter also has two wins in that time period so obviously hes right there too. It just always seems whenever Cuffs is there he's top 3 for sure.

Of course I will say that i'd love to see these cats with mod motors (which I hear is gonna happen) that way we can seperate the boys from the men. Stock years were definetly a lot of fun (especially Cleveland 03, right Alex?) but it was never anything like trying to compete with the best of the best. When theres 20 or 30 guys that can really lay it down its a lot harder. We should start this thread in 1 year and see whos doin what, and whos still racing stock.....
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:46 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Who is the best stock racer in the US
With equal battery and motor...my money is on any one of the top mod drivers

also with equal battery and motor...there are A LOT of fast guys...not all of em are heads or well known.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:03 AM   #81
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

*pokes his head in here and looks around a bit*

Interesting stuff
Old 04-26-2006, 09:19 AM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K

Going off what Baker just said guys that are on or were on a lesser "Payment" option plan are guys like.....Mo Denton, Herrmann, Goetz, Melton, Mazola, Xavier, Sobottaka(sp) and so on. Iím sure that there are plenty more and thatís whatís great about stock racing is that the talent pool is so deep, but now our mod pool is shrinking as a result. We need more of these guys to start to move on to Mod and challenge the Bakers, Hodges, Eastonís and Blackstocks of the mod world. All the great stock racers can look at people that have made the jump and have had success in mod and see it can be done if you try and apply yourself. I cant wait to see a national event where the same 10 guys are not in the Mod A Main that have been there for the last 5 or so years and when a mod national gets more then 35 guys to enter mod class
I'm assuming that most of the great stock racers do want to move up to mod. but are contracted for stock or 19-turn, once again assuming what wins on Sunday sales on Monday
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #83
Suspended

I personally wouldn't want to be considered the "Best Stock Racer" in the US.

That's like winning the chamionship in NFL Europe or something.

Not that I'll ever get to that "Best" level, but I have no desire to. Once I feel I'm competitive enough...I'm on to 19-turn and Mod. Don't need to win a national stock event (or 2 or 3) to justify it.

I'll 'challenge' myself by moving up.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:08 AM   #84
Tech Legend

Always laugh when the "BEST" stock racer`s run mod & don`t even make the main`s in the big events...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:10 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmooth
I personally wouldn't want to be considered the "Best Stock Racer" in the US.

That's like winning the chamionship in NFL Europe or something.
Kinda like winning the craftsman truck title and nobody offering a Busch or Cup ride, because Ford or Dodge wants you to stay in that class and sell trucks by winning races, rather than advancing levels. Sorry, all rednecks analyze things in NASCAR terms, .
Old 04-26-2006, 10:43 AM   #86
Tech Initiate

Default Knock it off.

For those of you that choose to digress, please post your thoughts on the Stock vs. Modified debate on the following thread, which is appropriately titled, and is located here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...hlight=drivers

It seems that every thread just has to get crapped up before it dies.
Mr. Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:57 AM   #87
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, but look at when Cuffs, Dayger and Robinson run 19T...they're usually in the A or B. Ray Darroch made A's in mod almost from the get-go (yeah, I know Ray's basically a robot-wheel lol). In any case, I think as Bobby noted that's why these guys should move up: add to the talent pool in mod and make things more interesting. They're good enough to compete, believe me.

Also, look at Melton: made the A at this year's asphalt nats in stock and then proceeded to make the B in mod at the carpet nats, and he, Dobbs and Robinson just missed the A in 19T at the paved nats now that I think of it. I think people are too afraid of moving up when they actually have a good chance to compete.

Having said that, yes, Dumas, Lemeuix, Baker, Cyrul, Toso will always be insanely talented and tough to beat. But I still look at Ray Darroch, Bobby Flack, Chicky and even Smyka as recent examples of successful stock guys who can cut it in mod.

Last edited by Jon Williams; 04-27-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:58 AM   #88
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:13 AM   #89
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mr. Teacher:

It's all good, bro...it's a good discussion.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:22 AM   #90
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Same guys with the same lame excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
We should start this thread in 1 year and see whos doin what, and whos still racing stock.....
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote