R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-25-2006, 05:36 PM   #61
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

If you are going to look at the best stock racer we might need to look at some of the past stock racers that have stepped it up and moved on and proven that they can compete at any level as well.

Ray Daroch(sp) was one of the best stock racers a year or so back....now heís almost always in the top 10 ten in mod now.

Bobby Flack was a great stock racer and moved up and has shown that he can make A mains with the big guys in Mod.

Mike Dunnigan(sp) was a prolific stock racer that won many championships and moved up to mod and has shown that he can run with the big guys in Mod as well.

Right now I would have to say to me some of the best stock racers are in no particular order......Dayger...This kid just kicked everyoneís ass at almost every event this past season on carpet.....Robinson....Heís won and done well at so many events how can you not include him.....Lopez....heís made a ton a mains and won some big events.....Johnson....Heís done well at about every event in the last 3 or so years and won a few along the way.....Ellis.....Heís stepped it up and done well at a ton of races along with getting a NC along the way....Cuffs...He had a great run of races a year ago and is still a force in any class.

Going off what Baker just said guys that are on or were on a lesser "Payment" option plan are guys like.....Mo Denton, Herrmann, Goetz, Melton, Mazola, Xavier, Sobottaka(sp) and so on. Iím sure that there are plenty more and thatís whatís great about stock racing is that the talent pool is so deep, but now our mod pool is shrinking as a result. We need more of these guys to start to move on to Mod and challenge the Bakers, Hodges, Eastonís and Blackstocks of the mod world. All the great stock racers can look at people that have made the jump and have had success in mod and see it can be done if you try and apply yourself. I cant wait to see a national event where the same 10 guys are not in the Mod A Main that have been there for the last 5 or so years and when a mod national gets more then 35 guys to enter mod class
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #62
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Barry has a good point. I'll avoid the debate issue and throw in a couple of drivers that I'm impressed with who are still young and up and coming:

Dan Hartman (21 yrs)
Robbie Dodge (20 yrs)
Justin Lessard (15? yrs)
Lil' Stevie Banahtka (6 yrs...j/k, Steve--15? yrs)
Timmy Heiser (17? yrs)

Sorry about the ages, guys. Just guessing here.

Oops, almost forgot Mike Herald, Jr. (18 yrs.).

Last edited by Jon Williams; 04-25-2006 at 05:54 PM.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:18 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

Last edited by A. Rhodes; 03-16-2007 at 11:04 AM.
A. Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:23 PM   #64
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K
whatís great about stock racing is that the talent pool is so deep, but now our mod pool is shrinking as a result. We need more of these guys to start to move on to Mod and challenge the Bakers, Hodges, Eastonís and Blackstocks of the mod world. All the great stock racers can look at people that have made the jump and have had success in mod and see it can be done if you try and apply yourself.
I agree!

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:24 PM   #65
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Steve Bahnatka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Williams
Lil' Stevie Banahtka (6 yrs...j/k, Steve--15? yrs)
lol...15...Thanks jon..
Old 04-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #66
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

We could all name a 100 good guys, 50 better than averages and 5 Awesome guys, but I go to go with Goetz. Herrmann is a freak and hardly ever races or practices. But Goetz is a SET-UP guru, brainiac and drives lines almost as sick as Mo and darn nearly as consistent as PUlfer. He does so many things well and yeah-hes only been at this for a short time. If he stays focused as hes been the last 2 years-no ones gonna be able to touch him-mark my words!!! Sure I talk a lot-but I rarely go out on a limb and call some one the Best!!

Hes also WAY helpful to the newbies at the gate and he has a fine collection of lotions at home-right EA???!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:47 PM   #67
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
he has a fine collection of lotions at home
Once again.... bad image with Goetz involved

-Korey
Old 04-25-2006, 07:11 PM   #68
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

Love the thread. Thanks to the people who showed the love, but when it boils down to it, who's layed it down everywhere? Who has excelled above the competition on asphalt and carpet in touring stock? Two names comes to mind when you look at touring car racing since Cleveland 2003. Hell, before that. One of them is Peter Robinson. The other....__fill in the blank_________________.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:20 PM   #69
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
Love the thread. Thanks to the people who showed the love, but when it boils down to it, who's layed it down everywhere? Who has excelled above the competition on asphalt and carpet in touring stock? Two names comes to mind when you look at touring car racing since Cleveland 2003. Hell, before that. One of them is Peter Robinson. The other....__fill in the blank_________________.
GABE(PAPI)LOPEZ?

THATS RIGHT BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:21 PM   #70
Tech Addict

Time to pucker up once again to my boy's a#@!!!!
Goetz......with out him I still would be a lap off pace.....King of the carpet spec....among other things as well...
Herrmann......the fastest man on the planet.....and also had a great year.......
Denton.....sick lines.......just sick....
Mike P.......always on top

names not included.....
Eli.......the fastest Quaker in the land....
"I vowed to never let this happen.."
chubbspeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:23 PM   #71
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mainracer

I agree .. Goetz is a wheel. But I know his dirty little secret and I try not to be close to him too often lol

AE / Reedy / LRP

KOpropo / Much-More / Parma PSE / Protoform / APS ceramic Bearing / BawdyShop / Fastcats / Dekelz

Last edited by mainracer; 04-25-2006 at 07:45 PM.
mainracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:32 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K
All the great stock racers can look at people that have made the jump and have had success in mod and see it can be done if you try and apply yourself. I cant wait to see a national event where the same 10 guys are not in the Mod A Main that have been there for the last 5 or so years and when a mod national gets more then 35 guys to enter mod class
I am sure nobody noticed, and I am sure nobody even cares, but I was proud to finish 6th in the B main at the carpet nats in modified this year. I think there was up to a partial E main. Sure it wasn't the "A" but you have to start somewhere, and I just take personal pride that I paid out of pocket to travel out there (and to find a "pit buddy" once I got there) to try and compete with the best, and "halfway" stacked up. Anyhow, I know this is a "stock" racer thread.

Alex- you're right dude, your name would fill in the gap, paved title, and also carpet wins, and always a factor. See ya.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #73
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Callin out your own name...pity

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:01 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk
Callin out your own name...pity
. No, just half way of a hint that it's OK for some people to try and challenge thereselves every once in a while. Just elaborating and agreeing with Kevin, that if people (not just because I did) would try and push themselves, more people could possibly achieve goals.

Don't ever post anything about any achievement you were ever satisfied with from now on, even in some club race thread, same point.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #75
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
. No, just half way of a hint that it's OK for some people to try and challenge thereselves every once in a while. Just elaborating and agreeing with Kevin, that if people (not just because I did) would try and push themselves, more people could possibly achieve goals.

Don't ever post anything about any achievement you were ever satisfied with from now on, even in some club race thread, same point.

I agree-its one thing to be king of stock-its a whole nother ballgame to step it up in mod!!! Dave JOhnson (Mod TC Champs), Paul Ciccarello (mod TC and Mod 12th Nats) and Ray D (Mod TC Champs) as we know made big race A-Mains there first year in pro-mod!! But thats digressing-right?
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote