Quote:
Originally posted by popsracer
XXXS transmission ratio is 1.8
actually its 1.83. that .03 makes difference at final ratio
maxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 12:38 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Bubba... do you know how to use periods or capitol letters? haha How ya doin!!! Haven't seen ya in awhile. Well asphalt has been my strong point. Especially winning up there in Virginia at the Hobbytown trophy races..

Well that race up in that post earlier with the XXX-G+ was at the Durham Track. They'll be running all winter long as long as someone shows up to race. Check the webpage for the race schedule www.thercspeedway.com We have 3 major races coming here. NC State Championships. Roar Region 3 Championships. And 2003 Roar Onroad Paved Nationals. I have alot of work cut out for me doin tests for the track. Including Handout tires. But the choice is obvious if you look at the sponsors. Just make sure you registor early. I'm sure it's gonna fill up very quickly.

As for carpet, it's never been my strong suit. So you guys'll have to teach me. I'll need the practice for Snowbirds!! Gonna start my TC3 with 98/33 with the Monster Stock. I have a nicely tuned one that shut down a Turbo35 at 2 volts. I do have a gap in my gear choice though. I need to buy a 32 pinion and a 31 pinion to replace my plastic 31. As for tires, gonna start at 60 or 59mm like some of the guys up at Cleveland did. One bad thing I might be doin though is running my IRS chassis on carpet til my other AE chassis is finished. Blah blah blah... see you Saturday!

Jimmy Mac
Team Mindblown
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 12:01 PM   #33
Tech Apprentice

Yea, written gramar is not my best subject, can' t find the spell check on this post reply. thurs track closed,but hobby shop is open, fri trackopens 12:00 to 4:15 open pratice, then light snacks Boston butt rolls some other stuff drinks pig out Saturday track opens at 12:00, Driver meeting at 3:00, it won't take long to find gear on this track it just a hair bigger than the hobby town track in the old supermarket we raced last year see ya sat. .......BUBBA
bubbaicm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 04:56 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kinda hard to race Mod when you are the only one.
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 05:17 PM   #35
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Katf1sh
I think stock is for wimps
I race both, but stock is more challanging to get horsepower. in mod U just change motor winds. I used to run 7 cell dirt oval that 1 extra cell is a lot, but 7 cell class is nothing but history now. Thehottest wind motor back thenwas a 12 anything
Old 12-31-2002, 05:34 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Katf1sh: Albeit it's obvious that you don't race stock, you're still a wimp. Boom...
Old 01-01-2003, 07:40 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Katf1sh
I think stock is for wimps
Why do you think it is for wimps? It is the most competitive class in electric racing.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 08:33 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Neil, Happy New Year buddy. For the life of me I could not remember what I wanted to say to you at the track the other day. Now I remember, congrats to you for your ride with XRay.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:38 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fhubbard
Neil, Happy New Year buddy. For the life of me I could not remember what I wanted to say to you at the track the other day. Now I remember, congrats to you for your ride with XRay.
Thanks Fred, I appreciate it. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones too.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 12:04 PM   #40
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: I think stock is for wimps

Quote:
You can usually get an Idea of someone's intelligence by the number of words that they use in their posts.

Huh?
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 04:31 PM   #41
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: I think stock is for wimps

Quote:
You can usually get an Idea of someone's intelligence by the number of words that they use in their posts.
O-Tayyyyyyyy
Old 01-02-2003, 04:52 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Stock for wimps ?

Mixed feelings about that Katf1sh. Granted in oval (yeah admit to the affliction/addiction on these forums) stock is about as slow paint drying on a wall as it is on a fast, open roadcourse. But, on a tight indoor track stock racing is just as competitive as mod. What I'm trying to say is it's just as hard to wring out every last watt out of a stock motor as it is to hook up a 6, 7, 9, or whatever turn mod on the track.

See you at the 'Birds (look for the goofballs from NJ yelling at each other )

Kyle (oval racer, but gettin' the hang of turning right every so often)

Popsracer, please lay of the bashing/name calling. Nothing really shows a lack of class or intelligence than insulting someone elses

Last edited by gazza; 01-02-2003 at 04:55 PM.
gazza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 09:11 PM   #43
Tech Apprentice

well just got back from tidewater r/c. the gear that ran best on my xxx-s was a 8.3 final ratio. 27/118 w/ 57.5 mm tires. this road course is very small 22'x60' lap times in the low 7's 7 flat being the best lap. monster motor made the best lap times On the other side of the drivers stand is a 124' hi banked oval with quick lap times being 3.4's 4-cell 19t lot of people at the track's grand opening Ican already see a problem with pit space see ya...B.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:33 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Default gazza

Quote:
Popsracer, please lay of the bashing/name calling. Nothing really shows a lack of class or intelligence than insulting someone elses
Isn't that what YOU just did to me?
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 11:50 PM   #45
Tech Addict

I tried out my MS today and must say it is pretty average. I have a orion lap counting system and did a direct comparison where I race. Here are the results:

Monster Stock geared at 6.1 12 laps 21 sec fastest lap 16.36

Hellfire geared at 5.75 12 laps 19 sec fastest lap 15.77

I feel that I will gear the Monster Stock at 5.75 next time to see how it compares at this ratio. Thought I better start out at 6.1 just to be on the safe side. The track was slippery so you have to take this into account.

The Hellfire was faster at the start but got hot and was very hard on the batteres i.e. the car dumped 1.5 laps after the 5 mins was up and that was with 3000HVs.
ixlr8nz is offline   Reply With Quote