Community
Wiki Posts
Search

virtual rc?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I told him what I wanted for it if I dont hear back from him by the end of the day its yours ok.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I got my adapter from Dinball (RC Mart) too, and it took about a week for it to show up here in the states. Best $50 I've ever spent on R/C, ever.

Download the game for free and play around on the oval track for a while. You can mess with Oslo too, but it's hard. Using the keyboard will tell you enough about the game to know whether or not you'd like playing it with the adapter.

They're supposedly working on v4 of the game which should include support for electric/carpet racing, as well as off-road. I imagine it'll be a while before we see that, but they definitely know it's what people want.

In my experience, the skills you develop playing VRC help you in the real world.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

^5 syndr0me it is a good game to keep your skills up in the off season or if you do not have time to go racing.

Man I don't even have time to play the game!!!

Dang F1 cars 2WD F1 cars Nitro F1 car 1/10 scale TC car and a 200mm nitro car all need to be done by the end of the year! LOL
Old 04-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I've been looking into this for myself but have been rather skeptical. I looked at the website and it didn't offer a lot of information on screen shots of how an actual race looks like. If it works like it says, then this is the perfect way to solve my RC fix in the midst of a busy schedule.

So tell me, is it like the real thing? How are you able to control how your car is viewed as it moves on the track? What are your likes and dislikes about in comparison to the real thing?
TRY IT . It's free whether you get on with it or not and Oslo isn't a pretty good track to come with it. You can still pull som reasonable lap times with the keyboard before getting the tx adapter and its amazingly realistic. You can view the car from the rostrum with settings for zoom when the cars near and far. The game moves seamlessly between the two settings. You can also view the car with chase mode and I think an 'action' type view where the camera changes place as you go round the track. The set-up part is fairly realistic, but there are some factors you would never use in real life to set the car. The changes you make do tend to have an effect similar to that in real life.

It's free and secure anyway, so I'd go for it and if you don't like it you havent lost anything.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

i have one of the usb adapters, the older blue one. But when i run the game it doesn;t seem like and of the setup changes i make afftect the car. I haven't bought any of the tracks, but i was wondering if the setup changes work in the free tracks. I even tried using some stupid setup to see if it would change the car dynamics but it still seemed to be the same.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 04-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

yeah just make sure your video card can support the game. mine cant. guess i have to spend some money on a new video card so i can play the game
Old 04-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just got my adapter from rc mushroom for 36 bucks. I was buying some other stuff so I threw it in the cart. It is amazingly addictive. I wish my laptop was good enough to play it but I have to play it on my desktop. I need to figure out a way to connect the computer to the tv so I can play it on that. It is pretty small on a 17" screen.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I run it on my laptop and my tv has a rgb input so i have a cord that connects from laptop to tv. Plays through the home theatre system on a 42" tv. AMAZING

Theres nothing like standing in the middle of the living room, racing with the A/C blasting and not spending any moeny. The wife agrees, better to watch me play and wreck instead of wrecking and asking for the VISA LOL

And I too think this games can help you develop better driving skills. I just hope that there is carpet track to seen be out. Talk about heaven
Old 04-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

hopefully deal pending with marty
the game is awesome...very realistic in my opinion, but i have a very fast computer. The set ups really make a difference. i can change the springs or the tires and notice a hugh difference in handling. I am now messing with the diff settings and ride height too. wow I am an electric guy and this is the best practice i can get. IMO you need a big monitor. my 17 is good but i wish i had much more...... lots of fun. next best thing to racing.......
hope to hear from marty soon......
Old 04-22-2006, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

paypal sent soon i will be