R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-20-2006, 10:52 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Default reedy touring car race of champs.

hi all:i was just thinking that it would be great if the reedy race and some other outdoor electric touring car races added a 1/10th nitro touring car class.i think the nitro touring cars would become more popular if this happened.also some drivers can't afford the time and money it takes to go to seperate electric and nitro touring car events.just a thought and my 0.02$ worth.input welcome,thanks
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:08 AM   #2
Tech Elite

The Reedy race is right next to a subdivison of houses, I doubt they can make that much noise there.

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Default Nitro Noise

That is the case at a lot of track sites.

Becoming more of a problem as housing encroaches on
parks and parking lots
Ducati-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:25 AM   #4
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

dang, my neighbors blowers and lawn mowers make more noise all weekend than my nitro trick running up and down the street...
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

adding classes may not work... race schedules are tight as is for events like the reedy race... also nitro and electric don't run well concurrently... nitro runs foam... the fuel spray off and foam dust usually results in worse traction for rubber tires in electric cars...
Old 04-20-2006, 11:46 AM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well, obviously.... because REEDY sells electric motors and batteries. They don't have nitro products.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:06 PM   #7
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM03GT
adding classes may not work... race schedules are tight as is for events like the reedy race... also nitro and electric don't run well concurrently... nitro runs foam... the fuel spray off and foam dust usually results in worse traction for rubber tires in electric cars...
Actually the foam/nitro makes the track really fast and hooked up right away...look @ socal the foam guys clean all the dirt off so no dust after these guys run...
TeamHomies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:39 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHomies
Actually the foam/nitro makes the track really fast and hooked up right away...look @ socal the foam guys clean all the dirt off so no dust after these guys run...
hm i guess that is a good point... i just remember at some outdoor events where they run nitro and electric, like mazda cup, and hitec... the traction right after a nitro heat is usually not as good and the track gets loose spots... wouldnt mind seeing events with both though, nitro is fun to watch.