Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the world of electric motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

the world of electric motors

hi all:just sittin here and woundering if both the reedy ti worlds and peak/orion v2 motors witch have been around for quite a while now will be updated soon or are they both doing so well that there's no plans to change right now?also witch type of motor set up is doing the best right now the reedy ti,peak/orionv2,trinity cobalt 2 or checkpoint style?finally for 2006 is fantom motors still using the v2 style motor set up or have they switched to something else?thanks for the input
Old 04-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Orion have been playing with the endbell by adding some vent holes around the bearing.
Best at the moment, if you can get hold of them, is probably the Checkpoint followed by the V2 then the Reedy Ti and finally the Trinity Cobalt2.
Looks like Fantom is sticking with the V2, they are also using the TOP teardown with laydown brushes for 19Turn.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The Checkpoints are killer. I haven't had a chance to run any of the Cobalt2 tear-downs yet but from what I'm told they're really good too. The V2's I've never had a whole lot of luck with but some have. I liked the original Ti motors but they tore through brushes like nothing. I think Reedy knows the Ti's are good enough for now and they're putting most of their effort into developing their brushless motors farther.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Whatever happened to the Trinity Shock?
-Josh
Old 04-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh69162
Whatever happened to the Trinity Shock?
-Josh
You mean the Epic shock.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It evolved into the Cobalt2. All the Fantom drivers and Trinity drivers were running the Shock at the IIC in Vegas last September but I think that was the last major race it was used.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hi all:just sittin here and woundering if both the reedy ti worlds and peak/orion v2 motors witch have been around for quite a while now will be updated soon or are they both doing so well that there's no plans to change right now?also witch type of motor set up is doing the best right now the reedy ti,peak/orionv2,trinity cobalt 2 or checkpoint style?finally for 2006 is fantom motors still using the v2 style motor set up or have they switched to something else?thanks for the input

The Checkpoint motor is the chosen one.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Hmmm, what is the setup on the Checkpoint. Pretty fast open layout on the track right now......and I am needing a new motor.