R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-19-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme
Default front chasis broken

guys, last nite was too happy drifting in a underground car park and it bang into a pillar, body shell is a bit dented, but till i got home, i realise that the front chasis where the body posts are is broken. so wat kind of glue should i use to stick it back? oso on yokomo website i saw the stage 3 upgrade kit which include carbon graphite chasis, is it more durable and stiffer than the stock chasis? seems like i have to get one very soon.

can anyone advise if their yokomo drift package can run a straight line? coz only till last nite where the space is big enough, i found that it tend to sway into 1 direction when u full accelerate, and no matter how u set the steering trim, its still the same.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #2
Tech Master

You can use CA glue to glue back the chassis,but its only a temp fix.... Just go get the CF chassis for your car.

Carbon Fibre chassis will split on it sides if there is no precaution to prevent it. 1st thing when you get your CF chassis. File the sharp edges with sand paper. Then skim a bit of CA glue to 'seal' the egdes. If this is not done. A meeting with the pillar will surely split the carbon fibres.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to anthony390

so your drifter

you should check out the official drift thred

if you need help with anything else just check up there

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...3&page=1&pp=30

its always fun to have another friend
anthony390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:29 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Default JB Weld

If you aren't looking to spend the $100 on a new chasis, you can fix it with some JB Weld. This stuff is really strong and is lightweight. Just apply a thin layer on the chasis, and let is set for about 3 hours.
mcrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:10 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via MSN to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via Yahoo to RcCzarOfOld

On your issue with being able to accellerate in a straight line, the drift kits have a very hard tire on the rear which enables them to drift easily. When you nail the throttle, you're losing traction with the rear. You don't need to make any changes to the steering trim or anything like that. It's just a traction issue. Bring it up to speed by smoothly accellerating and set your trim so it tracks in a straight line. All you need to do to take off straight is change the rear tires to a softer compound. But then, it'll be very difficult to drift... It's a give and take situation...

Tony
RcCzarOfOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

hmm, i use super glue to fix the broken part, seems ok for now. then i realise that one of the steering block screw is missing!!!!. i guess thats y it leans to 1 direction. duno if i can find a replacement screw for tat.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:16 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

super glued few times, but bond isn't strong enough to last a few drift sessions.

Last edited by uniquexme; 04-29-2006 at 06:31 AM.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:24 AM   #8
X2
Tech Regular

The only thing you can do is buy a new chassis
X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:13 AM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=uniquexme]guys, last nite was too happy drifting in a underground car park and it bang into a pillar, body shell is a bit dented, but till i got home, i realise that the front chasis where the body posts are is broken. so wat kind of glue should i use to stick it back? oso on yokomo website i saw the stage 3 upgrade kit which include carbon graphite chasis, is it more durable and stiffer than the stock chasis? seems like i have to get one very soon.

It's time to buy a new chassis. I did he same to my CGM chassis a while back. Go buy yourself the new carbon chassis, it is stronger, lighter and may even cure your tracking problem.
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

here is my DIY Aluminium plate repair done to the damaged part, so pray that it will last me long long so that i can save on a new chasis.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:39 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to anthony390

lol

looks good

and as long it doesnt clip on to things you run over it should be good
anthony390 is offline   Reply With Quote