R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TiR online shopping is horrible. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/11075-tir-online-shopping-horrible.html)

Neil Rabara 12-24-2002 07:12 PM

TiR online shopping is horrible.

I don't know about the rest of you all, but I have ordered a screw set and some other things for my car at the beginning of Nov, I received an e-mail that it was shipped at the end of Nov, and now it is the end of Dec and it has not arrived. They currently have a special with free delivery, but they don't state the type of delivery. I went on their forums and found out that I am not the only one that this has happened to. Some people believe that they just take the money and say they sent it, but don't really do. That is bad for a company and its reputation especially if the word gets around. I personally will not buy from them again.

maski 12-24-2002 08:26 PM

Tir = Titanium Racing?

BigDogRacing 12-24-2002 08:50 PM

Originally posted by maski
Tir = Titanium Racing?
Yep- this isn't the first I've heard of this problem. However, if you buy from a retailer that sells their products, you will really like the stuff. Scumacher USA carries some of it.

Peter Busch 12-25-2002 09:27 AM

I was going to order some stuff from them but their website sucked so bad I gave up. They do have some nice stuff though.

popsracer 12-25-2002 09:36 AM

I would file a complaint with the Fed. Trade Com. as it is interstate commerce and should be subject to Federal laws. That and the local BBB in their home state.

NTC3NUT 12-25-2002 12:09 PM

I believe if you ordered direct, you ordered from England. You may have to wait awhile. You can get their stuff from Speedtech, along with a few other online sources. Their stuff is excellent, I have alot of it for my NTC3 & my TC3.

Dave Kurschner 12-25-2002 09:55 PM

Our LHS carries Schumacher products. I requested TiR product from him and he had it in about 3 days through Schumacher. Just go that route. They've got awesome product.

university_dave 12-26-2002 03:30 AM

TIR are based in Norfolk. If you ordered direct then you may have a long wait. Give them a ring on (44)1502 722724.

You can always give your credit card company a ring if the payment has registered on your account and get them to put some pressure on TIR.

linger 12-26-2002 11:44 AM

yup, TIR is slow!
I ordered in mid november and I received it mid december. It took 1 month to get here. The postmark shows that they shipped the item nearly 2 weeks after they received payment.

Crazy Canuck 12-26-2002 05:03 PM

I think speedtech RC carries TiR parts
Check with Steve at speedtech

James Nguyen 12-26-2002 07:11 PM

Billy at Speedworld Raceway has TiR stuff in stock.

LouisB 12-27-2002 11:55 AM

I ordered some B3 parts over 4 months ago, they only had to get over the english channel. To cut a long story short, after phoning them several times they said I would receive the parts for free (and a free pinion). That was 2 months after I placed the order.

Anyway, they've stopped selling direct now. They are now distributed in the UK by CML Distribution.

Darkseid 12-27-2002 01:10 PM

I keep reading that they are slow, but have nice stuff. I don't know about that. I bought one of their pinions and it was so out of round that it would be locked up on one side and barely touching the spur on the other side. I checked my other pinions(Robison, Trinity, Corally) just to make sure my motor shaft wasn't bent, and they all meshed fine. I know the spur was perfect because it was one of the new RW spurs and those things are super true. I even tried it on a different motor and in a different car. Same result.

Their screws and stuff may be nice, but I wouldn't buy another one of their pinions.

MattW 12-28-2002 03:15 AM

Dark, I think you may have a lone bad one. I have a near full set of 64dp pinions as well as a few odd 48's and there are no concentricity problems with any of them.

LouisB 12-28-2002 04:07 AM

A friend had TiR CVDs in his XX-4 (with steel outdrives) and after 10 race meetings the pins had great big chunks taken out of them by the outdrives rubbing:( They must use some soft titanium!

I have 1 48dp pinion from them, it seems to be OK.