R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya TB Evolution V (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/110549-tamiya-tb-evolution-v.html)

Burlap 04-19-2006 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
i think it have been redesign all the top deck, steering part look like the prototype that TRF driver using in 415 MSX currently and bulkhead look great.

You can see that much detail with that small pic :confused:

I hope there is a bigger pic soon. I am tempted to sell off the TRF415 MSX for this car, since I want to stick in stock.

Guo Chean 04-19-2006 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Burlap
You can see that much detail with that small pic :confused:

I hope there is a bigger pic soon. I am tempted to sell off the TRF415 MSX for this car, since I want to stick in stock.

if you look carefully there a a blue color near by the steering part and it look like the 415 MSX prototype. so i think it is the prototype steering bell crank.

Baudler 04-19-2006 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Why does the rear look like a belt pulley? Here is a cad drawing of the EVO 4 that was originally sent out before production. Notice the differences.

danjoy25 04-19-2006 05:49 PM

its does like like that with the diff covers on like the EVO4

Juan Aveytia 04-19-2006 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by trf_racer

Doesn't look like anything special. Looks like almost all the other shafts out there. So, they made the bulk heads lighter, and put a new steering system on it. If, you didn't like the EVO4, you won't like this car either. And for the people who think shaft is faster than belt in stock, just look at all the races around the world to see what is really winning. And ain't shaft cars. But, to all the tamiya racers have fun spending another $400.00 on a car that is no faster than the EVO4. Tamiya's best handing shaft car is still the EVO3 version.

Juan Aveytia 04-19-2006 10:28 PM

I forgot, there's new suspension arms. They shorter. When tamiya came out with shorter arms for their old suspension. It was never popular for racing.

eeyan 04-19-2006 10:30 PM

Juan... isn't it too soon to disregard this new chassis? It's really hard to comment until the chassis is out. Don't get me wrong, I do prefer belt, but shaft is a nice alternative (once in a while... ;) )

Juan Aveytia 04-19-2006 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by eeyan
Juan... isn't it too soon to disregard this new chassis? It's really hard to comment until the chassis is out. Don't get me wrong, I do prefer belt, but shaft is a nice alternative (once in a while... ;) )

True, I guess? Someone here in norcal did start a drag racing club. Just kidding the car might be awesome, you never know.

eeyan 04-19-2006 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
True, I guess? Someone here in norcal did start a drag racing club.

That's exactly what I want it for! :lol: J/K And a little drifting here and there now that I don't race much... :weird: :ha:

JimmyMac 04-19-2006 11:10 PM

Maybe the shorter arms are just a LW version of the standard suspension seeing as how the standard suspension is shorter than the LW. It's not like you can toss the standard arms on a MS/MSX or Evo IV. You can't achieve wheelbase if you do.

Hebiki 04-20-2006 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by KilRuf
Maybe the shorter arms are just a LW version of the standard suspension seeing as how the standard suspension is shorter than the LW. It's not like you can toss the standard arms on a MS/MSX or Evo IV. You can't achieve wheelbase if you do.

Tamiya is following the Alex Racing Barracuda R2/R3 approach... short and long arms... :nod: didnt X-ray do this also?

TRF415boy 04-20-2006 01:37 AM

I think it'll be a matter of one mm or something like that, nothing comparable to the difference between the long and short Xray wishbones, and certainly not as short as on a losi.

CAMS RC 04-20-2006 03:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by snopro31
Does anyone have any pics of this car already? Only info i could fine was what is on Tamiya USA

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58371

FUNNY THE LINK DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE :confused:

MAYBE IT WAS A MISTAKE..................:sneaky:

I included a word copy of Tamiya page for those that did not see..

dawgmeat 04-20-2006 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Doesn't look like anything special. Looks like almost all the other shafts out there. So, they made the bulk heads lighter, and put a new steering system on it. If, you didn't like the EVO4, you won't like this car either. And for the people who think shaft is faster than belt in stock, just look at all the races around the world to see what is really winning. And ain't shaft cars. But, to all the tamiya racers have fun spending another $400.00 on a car that is no faster than the EVO4. Tamiya's best handing shaft car is still the EVO3 version.

Dissin' the Evo5 over a cad drawing, way to go :confused:

Rick Draper 04-20-2006 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
I think it'll be a matter of one mm or something like that, nothing comparable to the difference between the long and short Xray wishbones, and certainly not as short as on a losi.

Pro 4 length i think...