R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default my next car

this was my first year racing indoor carpet and the car i used was a xxxs, i must say this is an excellent first car it works well with not much setup and it was cheap to get into because i didnt know how i would like the hobby but now im hooked. the only downfall with this car is 1. it's not current and parts are hard to come by and 2. since the car does not require much set up i didnt learn a whole lot about setting up my car and what certain adjustments did to the car. i will use this car for the outdoor season but i would like to purchase a new car for the indoor season in the fall, so I was wondering what you guys thought would be a good car to buy thanks.
nikkon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via MSN to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via Yahoo to RcCzarOfOld

Well, since you're already got experience with Losi, go with the JRX-S. It's a great car, perfectly balanced, easy to work on and very efficient. Plus, it's no where near as expensive as some of the other top end kits out there and with it being american made, parts support is excellent.

Tony
RcCzarOfOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Try to search a litle bit on the forum cause they have a lot of those topic here!! which car is the best ? which car is more durable ? which car you like the most?? but for indoor sedan i will say those 3 car :

1.Corally RDX
2.Xray T2
3.Team losi JRX-S

they have other good car and nice car like Hpi cyclone,pro4,Tamiya MSX ect.... i will say take the on-road car that your hobbyshop have some parts and the car that everybody run at your cub cause if you need some tunning tips about your car its good to have some people running them!!!

anyways make the rigth choice and if you have some quetsion im sure a lot of people will answer you here!!

Later!!!

Take Care
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:51 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

thanks for all your suggestions, keep em comin. the only thing with the JRXS is that 1. my LHS doesnt carry many support parts and 2. I havent heard a lot of positive things about that car..then agian most of it is probably personal opinions, most of the guys at the track run T2's but ive been looking at the max racing mx 707r and the tamiya 415 msx
Old 04-16-2006, 09:59 PM   #5
Tech Regular

if people ruinning the T2 i will take the T2 you cant go wrong whit this car its a durable,ncie and fats car and if your hobby shop carry some parts !! its your best choice! only thing is the car as tedency to tweak but its not a big deal just countersink the top plate and your fine!! like i said you cant go wrong whit the T2!!

sure yu will like it!!

Did you look at the RDX???

Later!!
Old 04-16-2006, 10:09 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

My girlfriends dad has an RDX but he just bought a T2, I love the RDX its a beautiful car but it has a tendancy to break body posts quite easy as well as I was told its not a very easy car to drive
Old 04-16-2006, 10:17 PM   #7
Tech Regular

kk its up to you man!!! if you think you ill not liek it buy the T2 but my rdx its pretty easy to drive and love it!! only thing i broke is the a-arm and the last oen i break was like 3 month ago hehe!! the carpet version is pretty good on carpet!!! anyways its your choice

Later!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:52 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing

Since there are several people runnning the xrays that would probably be your best bet as you will have setup information from dirivers and support locally
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:54 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice

do any of you have or know someone who is running the 415 MSX?