Like Tree14Likes
  • 14 Post By theproffesor

A story 2 decades in the making

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default A story 2 decades in the making

This is not a paint plug, but something I thought is just a cool story about our hobby.

Something that isn’t my flashiest, but it has more meaning than any other body I’ve painted.

The one in the left is a body I painted 18 years ago. Yes nearly 2 decades. I sold it with a JRXS I was running when I went to college and gave up racing for a few years. Fast forward to 2018 and I see the body in a podium pic from a track in Virginia. I just had to have it back. I Reached out and was able to procure it from the current owner. It was no longer with the original chassis, and had been mounted on at least 3 different cars, but it was still holding up.

Body on right is for my daughter. She saw the old body, ask me the story and wanted one like it. I let her help in this one since it was for her. She laid out the masking, design, and did the flicking for the dark purple splatter. I let her help with the backer coats as well.

It’s awesome to run across some personal nostalgia like this. One in a million chance

if you happened to ever own this body, or raced with someone who did, please let me know. I’d really enjoy knowing the journey it took.

Old 08-08-2022, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
This is not a paint plug, but something I thought is just a cool story about our hobby.

Something that isn’t my flashiest, but it has more meaning than any other body I’ve painted.

The one in the left is a body I painted 18 years ago. Yes nearly 2 decades. I sold it with a JRXS I was running when I went to college and gave up racing for a few years. Fast forward to 2018 and I see the body in a podium pic from a track in Virginia. I just had to have it back. I Reached out and was able to procure it from the current owner. It was no longer with the original chassis, and had been mounted on at least 3 different cars, but it was still holding up.

Body on right is for my daughter. She saw the old body, ask me the story and wanted one like it. I let her help in this one since it was for her. She laid out the masking, design, and did the flicking for the dark purple splatter. I let her help with the backer coats as well.

It’s awesome to run across some personal nostalgia like this. One in a million chance

if you happened to ever own this body, or raced with someone who did, please let me know. I’d really enjoy knowing the journey it took.

If that Mazda could only speak!

Nice job on the paint too.

Steve
Old 09-17-2022, 02:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

really...one in a million chance
Old 09-22-2022, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Wow, for 18 years, that’s in incredibly good shape! Nice to see a “coming home” story like this, especially after all that time.
Old 11-10-2022, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor

Great story to say the least but the coolest thing is sharing your time and skills with you daughter. New memories being made for sure!
Old 12-22-2022, 01:33 AM
Tech Adept

Great story. Just incredible that the body was still around and you happened to see it while browsing the web. I have painted a body with my daughter when she was little and posted it on here. Someone saw it and wanted her to paint them one just like it. It is so cool to share our hobby with our kids.