wich esc is the best on the market

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Keyence Rapida Pro

256 throttle steps = SMOOTHER operation & doesn't need a BIG ASS CAP
I'll agree to disagree, the Keyence is so far the only other esc I would consider other than a KO
And people still run a cap anyways
Old 07-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Here are my choices:
1. icube (its new and expensive, I never owned one (check reason below) but it looks very promising!)
2. KO VFS-1 Pro Comp or Hara Twister 2.1 (same thing). (I own one and its the d*mn best ESC I ever owned... so good that I have no urge to get a better speed controller... even though the new icube looks very promising)
3. Tekin G11 Pro (I never owned one... but its supporters will tell you how hardcore this speedo is).

My final verdict though... would still be the KO. Only thing I don't like... is the PC cable.... that is sold separately... asides from that... it is nearly unbeatable. With the current price of it being so low... (for its capabilities).... I would say... get the twister2.1!
Old 07-25-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Actully Tekin made a post a couple of weeks ago. It meantion that anyone that is running mod with the new HI cap cell. should run a Cap. on the new G11 pro. I know the post is still on here. I know myself is in the market for a new esc. I know which one I will be getting. That for me to know, as it is my descision.

Your best bet is to find out what you LHS carries. and/or go down to the track and see what the top guys are running in the class that you will be running in. this way if you have any question on the esc. you could ask them for some advise.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XrayFK
VFS-1 Pro

No need for the Comp version because you can disable the thermal cutoff anyways
Why would you disable the thermal cutoff? The thermal sensor helps protect the ESC from getting fried. A lot of Twister 2.1 ESCs have been fried due to overheating. That's why I still prefer to use the Twister 2.0 beacause of its thermal cutoff protection.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rod M
Interesting that Hara goes back to using the keyence,

I have been using the keyence Rapida pro for about 6 months, so far I cannot fault it at all.
The reason why he used the Keyence is because his car was glitching with the Futaba system. He has always used the Twister and will still use it. He only tried matching the Keyence with Futaba on that race. But of course, he's back to the VFS-1.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

Id go for the MRT rasmus. They are based in the UK so the closest to you for repairs if needed and Ive heard their customer service is spot on. The coloured versions look good aswell and the price is in your budget.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
Why would you disable the thermal cutoff? The thermal sensor helps protect the ESC from getting fried. A lot of Twister 2.1 ESCs have been fried due to overheating. That's why I still prefer to use the Twister 2.0 beacause of its thermal cutoff protection.

With the latest batteries you can reach the preset temp level without maxing out the esc's potential, which is why KO made the Comp version. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, I'm just saying that if you have the previous version, you don't need to get the Competition if you want maximum performance, because it's possible to disable the thermal protection.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rasmus TbEvo IV
hey guys i was down at the track to day and my esc burned down så i have to buy a new one wich one is the best the maximum prise is about 170 $ if you have got a link it would be nice but a name and a reasson why its the best at the price would be great

Rasmus

Oh God...not this guy again....
Old 07-26-2006, 03:38 AM
Tech Champion

Interesting thread.. why don't you just look at what ppl at your local track are using?

GTX- prolly the best stock speedy cause it has great punch.. of course the fact that they do only a few meets then start to go soft shouldn't phase you as you can always just buy a new one every month.

LRP- Very reliable but I have seen more than one do a funny 1/2 shut down about 4mins into a race... still goes fast but with 1/2 power. But seem very reliable.

VFS-1/Hara twister- Famous for plumes of smoke when not set correctly... you also have to spend $$$ for the programming unit, very old school.

GTB- I currently use one with a 4.5r. Have seen ppl have glitching issues and even a few go up in smoke but mine has been bullet proof. In brushed mode they offer an insanly low on-resistence so should be something special. pity its so big.

Sphere Comp- somked mine on 1st run but seem to generally be reliable just like other LRP speedies. Seems to lose punch after a few meets.

Keyence- My old weapon of choice. The best speedie I have ever had to program and seems to be very very efficent. Even with old packs and 24degrees timing on 7t motors runtime is still usually no problem. Put some friends onto this speedie and their dumping issues disappered overnite! Mayb not the punchiest stock speedie even with the freq super low (like 1hz) but my mates have been cleaning up at every meet here in oz with one so can't be too bad.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XrayFK
With the latest batteries you can reach the preset temp level without maxing out the esc's potential, which is why KO made the Comp version. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, I'm just saying that if you have the previous version, you don't need to get the Competition if you want maximum performance, because it's possible to disable the thermal protection.
Oh. That was a clear explanation. Thanks!