Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Which pre-glued tires should be chosen on low grip carpet? >

Which pre-glued tires should be chosen on low grip carpet?

Like Tree9Likes

Which pre-glued tires should be chosen on low grip carpet?

Old 07-17-2022, 12:30 AM
  #1  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,948
Default Which pre-glued tires should be chosen on low grip carpet?

Hi, I want to know of following different pre-glued combo tires below, which of them should be chosen on low grip carpet in case the rules is BYORT?
You can even add or put in comment in case you have another better choice of pre-glued combos or even you would have "self-made" combo(tire+insert+wheel)?
Best regards:

Volante V5 Pre-Glued 24R-CP Indoor Carpet Rubber Tire

VOLANTE V5 1/10 TC 28CP INDOOR CARPET RUBBER TIRE PREGLUED

Yokomo Yatabe Arena 28Degree Pre-Mount Y.A. Control Tires

Hudy Pre-Glued Carpet Tires C3-28

HUDY 1/10 Touring Carpet Tires C1

Rush PreGlued 1:10 Touring Car Carpet Tyres 30CPM

Sweep SR-CX28PRO Pre-glued carpet tires

Sweep SR-CP32PRO Pre-glued Carpet tires

Sweep SQT-28PGL Carpet tires


Sweep SQT-32PGL Carpet tires

Last edited by mac853; 07-17-2022 at 12:40 AM.
mac853 is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 07:18 AM
  #2  
Tech Fanatic
 
RobS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chatham, Ontario
Posts: 968
Default

Sorex 28's
RobS is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 07:56 AM
  #3  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,948
Default

Originally Posted by RobS View Post
Sorex 28's
But what kind of insert to match Sorex tires?
Yokomo 039m?
mac853 is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 08:29 AM
  #4  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
rc_square24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 926
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Do you know what kind of carpet you are running on (CRC Ozite / CRC Black / ETS)? And by BYORT rules you mean Bring Your Own Rubber Tires?
rc_square24 is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 08:44 AM
  #5  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,948
Default

Yes, BYORT means not handout or free choice tires.
None of these carpet.
In fact I verified many place in Asia use "Indigenous" carpet, so is not usual.
BTW, I didn't know there's 2 kinds of CRC carpets.
For curiosity, those used in Indoor Champs of Cleveland, Snowbird and Tsukuba park of Japan are not Black one?
mac853 is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 09:06 AM
  #6  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,151
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Yes, BYORT means not handout or free choice tires.
None of these carpet.
In fact I verified many place in Asia use "Indigenous" carpet, so is not usual.
BTW, I didn't know there's 2 kinds of CRC carpets.
For curiosity, those used in Indoor Champs of Cleveland, Snowbird and Tsukuba park of Japan are not Black one?
Cleveland and Snowbirds are black Crc. No idea on Japan.
robk is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 09:22 AM
  #7  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
rc_square24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 926
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Tsukuba RC Park (the new name of Yatabe Arena) is using CRC Black, since 2018 I think.

My pick for low traction would be:

Sweep SQT-28PGL Carpet tires

Sweep SQT-32PGL Carpet tires
rc_square24 is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 09:41 AM
  #8  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,948
Default

Originally Posted by rc_square24 View Post
Tsukuba RC Park (the new name of Yatabe Arena) is using CRC Black, since 2018 I think.

My pick for low traction would be:

Sweep SQT-28PGL Carpet tires

Sweep SQT-32PGL Carpet tires
PGLs?
OK, thank you?
mac853 is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 11:37 AM
  #9  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (165)
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 7,764
Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Default

Sorex and depending on what you mean by 'low grip' try 20R, 24R or 28R compounds.
skater-deez1 likes this.
SteveM is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 12:00 PM
  #10  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,948
Default

Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
Sorex and depending on what you mean by 'low grip' try 20R, 24R or 28R compounds.
But is Yokomo 039M insert that you are using, right?
mac853 is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 12:15 PM
  #11  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (165)
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 7,764
Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
But is Yokomo 039M insert that you are using, right?
You asked about 'pre-glued' and the ones I used were sold by Schumacher and use the black insert. We normally ran Sorex 28R Premount w/ Black Insert + Revlite Wheel. Part number SCHXG28RK
mac853 and gigaplex like this.
SteveM is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 12:26 PM
  #12  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,948
Default

Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
You asked about 'pre-glued' and the ones I used were sold by Schumacher and use the black insert. We normally ran Sorex 28R Premount w/ Black Insert + Revlite Wheel. Part number SCHXG28RK
Is good to take note, but I could see it it discontinued, anyway thanks!

But what kind of traction compound use?
Hudy, MR33 or LRP one?
mac853 is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 12:33 PM
  #13  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (165)
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 7,764
Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Is good to take note, but I could see it it discontinued, anyway thanks!

But what kind of traction compound use?
Hudy, MR33 or LRP one?
We were limited to use no-odour traction compound made by SXT
SteveM is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 12:37 PM
  #14  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,948
Default

Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
We were limited to use no-odour traction compound made by SXT
But which of 3.0, all 3 bottles?
mac853 is offline  
Old 07-17-2022, 12:44 PM
  #15  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (165)
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 7,764
Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
But which of 3.0, all 3 bottles?
I believe we used SXT00030
mac853 likes this.
SteveM is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.