Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Which pre-glued tires should be chosen on low grip carpet? >

Which pre-glued tires should be chosen on low grip carpet?

Like Tree9Likes

Which pre-glued tires should be chosen on low grip carpet?

Old 07-17-2022, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Is good to take note, but I could see it it discontinued, anyway thanks!

But what kind of traction compound use?
Hudy, MR33 or LRP one?
Use what everyone else there is using. Mixing traction compounds on carpet can be really bad.
mac853 and gigaplex like this.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mrreet2001 View Post
Use what everyone else there is using. Mixing traction compounds on carpet can be really bad.
Yes, right, in order not to damage the carpet!

Unfortunately nowadays we heard mostly there's controlled tires without provided traction compound but of course mostly on outdoor race.

The only country in Asia which had both controlled and provided or even banned of any compound has only in Japan's indoors.

Mostly race in the rest of Asia has got only controlled or even "all open".

Which is very different than America and Europe.

That's why I am here to asking for archieving some datas.
Old 07-18-2022, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Yes, right, in order not to damage the carpet!

Unfortunately nowadays we heard mostly there's controlled tires without provided traction compound but of course mostly on outdoor race.

The only country in Asia which had both controlled and provided or even banned of any compound has only in Japan's indoors.

Mostly race in the rest of Asia has got only controlled or even "all open".

Which is very different than America and Europe.

That's why I am here to asking for archieving some datas.
It's not just about protecting the carpet. Different tracks have different grip levels. You'll get a better answer of what works from the people that race on the same surface as you.
mac853 likes this.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

What's the point in recommending Sorex tyres when they have been out of production for about 10 years?

This is one of the reasons why "open" tyre rules are a nightmare. I used to race in a series that was open tyre. To be at the sharp end, you needed have access to "old stock" Sorex 28s. Which I didn't.

Open tyre is fine for club meetings where you are just running for fun. If you are competing, there needs to be a control tyre. In fact, many series have gone to a control additive as well. It's still the best drivers that win, but at least it's a level playing field, with no trick tyre combinations being used to get an advantage.

To answer the original question, run what is recommended at the track. Or just copy the fast guys. If they won't tell you what tyres they're using, it's probably not the kind of track that you want to be involved with.
mac853 and gigaplex like this.
Old 07-18-2022, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
You asked about 'pre-glued' and the ones I used were sold by Schumacher and use the black insert. We normally ran Sorex 28R Premount w/ Black Insert + Revlite Wheel. Part number SCHXG28RK
Not only pre-glued combo ones, I had also asking for self- combinations too.
About that preglued combo you have mentioned is already discontinued.
Old 07-20-2022, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Point is

Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
What's the point in recommending Sorex tyres when they have been out of production for about 10 years?

This is one of the reasons why "open" tyre rules are a nightmare. I used to race in a series that was open tyre. To be at the sharp end, you needed have access to "old stock" Sorex 28s. Which I didn't.

Open tyre is fine for club meetings where you are just running for fun. If you are competing, there needs to be a control tyre. In fact, many series have gone to a control additive as well. It's still the best drivers that win, but at least it's a level playing field, with no trick tyre combinations being used to get an advantage.

To answer the original question, run what is recommended at the track. Or just copy the fast guys. If they won't tell you what tyres they're using, it's probably not the kind of track that you want to be involved with.
I have about 200 plus sets of sorex for sale vacuum sealed still fresh .