Wiki Posts
Search

Attention: MOTOR EXPERTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Attention: MOTOR EXPERTS

I'm NOT LOOKING for "Sponsored Racers" opinions, I'm looking for the actual Motor Building Guru's.

19t motors - Fixed Timing vs. Adjustable 19t spec.

The Oval guys like the adjustable, everyone else likes the C2 style (Or at least that is the way most of the rules seem to be written)

I won't ask "Which one is Better" but instead, what are the real differences?

Which is known to have more

a)Power
b)Efficiency
c)Torque
d)R.P.M.

Can/Should these motors be run together...if not, which one would 'normally' have an advantage?

Is the NEW Komodo Dragon style motor an exception to the rule, how about the CheckPoint style?

How do we get ALL (ie: OFFROAD, ONROAD, OVAL) all on the same page w/ these motors?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm no motor guru but a 19T with adjustable timing is in essence a machine wound 19T mod motor. It only makes snese that a motor with adjustable timing will be faster in most cases.

You get everyone on the same page by only allowing fixed timing 19T motors, if someone wants to mess with timing let them run mod.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ike
I'm no motor guru but a 19T with adjustable timing is in essence a machine wound 19T mod motor. It only makes snese that a motor with adjustable timing will be faster in most cases.

You get everyone on the same page by only allowing fixed timing 19T motors, if someone wants to mess with timing let them run mod.
Yep
Old 04-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Initiate

/\/\/\ what Ike and Rick said
Old 04-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Here's a cutout of a chart that someone posted on another site. It shows 2 mag vs 4 mag and it has the adjustable timing motor set at 24 degrees and 36 degrees.

Other people's Dyno data may differ, but it gives a decent idea of what was going on.

Tim
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
19T Dyno Data.pdf (45.0 KB, 321 views)
Old 04-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SWTour
I'm NOT LOOKING for "Sponsored Racers" opinions, I'm looking for the actual Motor Building Guru's.

19t motors - Fixed Timing vs. Adjustable 19t spec.

The Oval guys like the adjustable, everyone else likes the C2 style (Or at least that is the way most of the rules seem to be written)

I won't ask "Which one is Better" but instead, what are the real differences?

Which is known to have more

a)Power
b)Efficiency
c)Torque
d)R.P.M.

Can/Should these motors be run together...if not, which one would 'normally' have an advantage?

Is the NEW Komodo Dragon style motor an exception to the rule, how about the CheckPoint style?

How do we get ALL (ie: OFFROAD, ONROAD, OVAL) all on the same page w/ these motors?
first off torque and rpm is what power is.
if you have a motor you time,you are gonna get more of one and less of the other..motor that has higher timing will have less effeciancy.
2nd thing is if you alow for timing change to be run alongside fixed timing then fixid timing will die because every1 will want the advantages and tunability of the non fixed timing motor.
offroad and on raod and overall motors will all be tuned differently even if the the same model and make,because each motor needs to produce its power in a different way.
in off road they need a kotor with torque to pull out of corners,were i guess but dont know overall are looking for max rpm,but can sum1 confirm,were as onroad need a average bt the two.
in every scenario though each class is looking for the most of toque and rpm without a compramise,which ever motor has less compramise the faster it will be,then again you get another compromise,dumping.
viscouse circle then.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Personally I think we need to go back to fixed timing 19 turn for all classes. I think that biggest differences are the handwound motors are a LITTLE more consistant BUT its no where near as much as people think.

I think the biggest advantage of laydown motors is that you have a lot more high performance brushes to choose from. With standups you pretty much just have to use what ever is made for mod motors which usually have less silver in them and dont last nearly as long because you have to time it up and gear it up to get it to run.

Handwound stuff is a hassle for Manufactures and for tech guys....I mean the ONLY way to know if the motor is actually a 19 turn is to unwind it. There are a few motor guys out there that dont have a care in the world and will wind a 17 or 18 turn and use larger wire so that it appears the same on the arm with a quick glance.

It also cause's the manufactures to have to spend more money making 2 different motors and motor tuners who have to stock 10 different kinds of motors.

In the end I dont think there is much difference. I know on the dyno ( I know we dont race them) the handwounds dont look as good as some of the Laydown 24 degree motors. After all a 24 degree motor with laydowns is actually pretty close to 36 degrees with the overlap of the brush.

.02 cents from a "motor tuner" NOT an expert!!

EA
Old 04-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Suspended

Expert my ass , you da man ....nuff said.....thread closed..
Old 04-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

what guys think about the reedy quad mag???

EAmotorsports did you test run or try different thing whut the quad mag??

Later!!
Old 04-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by T1Raycer
what guys think about the reedy quad mag???

EAmotorsports did you test run or try different thing whut the quad mag??

Later!!

Its a four magnet battery discharger....
Old 04-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

the reedy quad mag motor!! 19t whit 4 magnets!! the motor have a stiker whit fire on it!!
Old 04-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Team EAM

Thanks Team Homie....But I dont claim to be an expert or know everything....I learn something new every day...lol

T1Raycer... With the Reedy motors I think full face brush with a 2mm hole in it and Orion Black/Red springs seems to be about the best. Maybe silver/red springs on some tracks. 767 or F brush.

EA
Old 04-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Thanks Team Homie....But I dont claim to be an expert or know everything....I learn something new every day...lol

T1Raycer... With the Reedy motors I think full face brush with a 2mm hole in it and Orion Black/Red springs seems to be about the best. Maybe silver/red springs on some tracks. 767 or F brush.

EA
SWEET ...ya man I aint no Joe Pilliars..lol.....
Old 04-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by TeamHomies
SWEET ...ya man I aint no Joe Pilliars..lol.....

Nope....you can drive!! LOL Good luck at the Reedy....You gonna get it done again? I'll probably see you at the nats.

EA
Old 04-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Nope....you can drive!! LOL Good luck at the Reedy....You gonna get it done again? I'll probably see you at the nats.

EA
Oh I thought it was just me... Yup see you in June dude...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.