R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-17-2006, 07:41 PM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

jrighter has pretty ears...and he's slow. He doesn't know anything.

I've been trying to get everyone to give up on these mainstream cars and go with a bamboo chassis I've been putting together over the last several years. The arms and many components are made of hemp. It smokes everything out there!

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:33 PM   #77
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Jason,

Do yourself a favor, just get what's cheap and has parts available locally. At the club level, that's all that really matters. I'll be running the TC4 for that very reason.

See ya around.

p.s. sorry I never picked up those brushes.
RodneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:51 PM   #78
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
jrighter has pretty ears...and he's slow. He doesn't know anything.

I've been trying to get everyone to give up on these mainstream cars and go with a bamboo chassis I've been putting together over the last several years. The arms and many components are made of hemp. It smokes everything out there!
Old 04-18-2006, 12:01 AM   #79
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Get a BD or an LCG for stock racing. My BD is the best car I Have ever driven The top 4 stock drivers in the 2005 South Australian tittles were using BDs and Iwas number 1
But if your looking for an even better car as Bad-Monkey said tyco is the way to go
Old 04-18-2006, 06:02 AM   #80
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to Chancellor6630

Jason, what ever kit you choose remember... REGRET ALWAYS COMES LAST!

If you get the T2, Good luck with the parts... i have heared some people saying that the T2 costs alot and hard to maintain (Financially)

Its better if you get a FT TC4. from what i heared it has good handling and Very easy to maintain (Cheap)

But i have been really eyeing on the MR4TC-BD. It Rocks overall and its damn Fast!

So in the end its going to be your choice but remember... REGRETS ALWAYS COME LAST!
Chancellor6630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:03 AM   #81
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyB
Jason,

Do yourself a favor, just get what's cheap and has parts available locally. At the club level, that's all that really matters. I'll be running the TC4 for that very reason.

See ya around.

p.s. sorry I never picked up those brushes.
No worries on the brushes Rodney... I forgot to bring them over to you, so hopefully it's a wash . I'm heading over to Platinum this Sunday with Blake (and jrighter I believe)... you going to be there?

Crabboy:

I strongly considered the Yoke (not having to file battery slots = NICE), they seem to be having a very difficult time with parts distribution. One thing I learned in all of this is that Corally has parts available locally. I was not aware of that when I created the thread.

I'm really leaning toward the Corally. I've always wanted to own an Xray, but in addition to the kit I would need so many extras (battery strap because tape is a PITA = $30, springs [which aren't even available ATM] = $120, sway bars = $10 - $20, aluminum hubs = $$$$ [also not available ATM]). From everything I've gathered it looks like the T2, on any given day, is THE car, just a hair ahead of the RDX; but it's simply too expensive to get started with. I'm okay with a $400 pricetag, but not okay with having to immediately put another $200+ into the car. The T2 is really a $600+ car when you get down to it. Truthfully, I'd rather pay $600 in one pop and not have to go searching for the needed extras.

I'm definitely not trying to slam anyone or argue with the T2's success. It definitely cleaned up at the Birds. I'm just thinking out loud as these are the main concepts I've formed as I've read through this thread as well as through others.
Jason B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:48 AM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I ran a battery strap in my FK05, but my T2 seemed to have more room to access the tape slots and I really didn't mind taping the packs in on the T2 at all..

As far as springs are concerned, that number you put out there will give you 4 of every spring weight. If you check setups for the type or style of track you run on then there will only be a couple of spring weights required.

Swaybar...if youlike to run a sway then that is an additional expense...there are many who have traditionally always run a sway that are liking the T2 even without...

Just a little extra food for thought...

You may also want to check out the Team Xray website and their dedicated forums at www.teamxray.com
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:04 AM   #83
Tech Elite

Tape rocks! Battery straps are for wusses. LOL.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:13 AM   #84
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks, Chris. Xray's factory support is one of the main reasons I want to own one; the forums, the additional papers they release, etc. Very impressive.

I'd be the only T2 at my local track, so I can't really get advice on springs, swaybars, etc. I'm okay with being "on my own", but at the same time I can't afford to drop $120 in springs (where can they be purchased separately?).

StormerHobbies.com is the only place I can find with a wide assortment of Xray parts, but they're out of stock on a lot of items. Is there another online shop that I could be looking at?
Jason B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:16 AM   #85
Tech Elite

I suppose using a PDA to calculate Rollout is for wusses too..but I wouldn't give that up!!! I guess I'm a wuss

Like I said...I did find it much easier taping the packs into the T2 than I did with the FK05..
Old 04-18-2006, 07:21 AM   #86
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP
I suppose using a PDA to calculate Rollout is for wusses too..but I wouldn't give that up!!! I guess I'm a wuss

Like I said...I did find it much easier taping the packs into the T2 than I did with the FK05..

Old 04-18-2006, 07:23 AM   #87
Tech Elite

Hi Jason,

Xray has a Dealer locator on their website that may help you find alternate sources or a shop in your local area.

Failing that you may also want to check out their online X-Shop
Old 04-18-2006, 05:06 PM   #88
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B
No worries on the brushes Rodney... I forgot to bring them over to you, so hopefully it's a wash . I'm heading over to Platinum this Sunday with Blake (and jrighter I believe)... you going to be there?
Very likely I will be there. Of course my on road cars are in the mail as I write this so I may have nothing to run.
RodneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:58 PM   #89
Tech Apprentice

many complain of T2 of buying more options after open box..
but my experience is...not much option to buy...
take a look at their offical forum setting sheet..
many team driver or club driver just play stock car kit during the race and get gd result...
and with it's adjustable shock piston...the damper action can be finely adjust without changing springs..
tsuiyuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #90
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy
Get a BD or an LCG for stock racing. My BD is the best car I Have ever driven The top 4 stock drivers in the 2005 South Australian tittles were using BDs and Iwas number 1
But if your looking for an even better car as Bad-Monkey said tyco is the way to go

If any body from the US was racing you guys would be in the B..Your only as good as your competition...Call me when the belts guys show up your looking @ fifth now.....
TeamHomies is offline   Reply With Quote