R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-14-2006, 09:16 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I used to agree with parts quality on the older cars and even the first TC4, the build just wasn't good.

I finished a week and a half ago the FT TC4 and the build quality was GREAT...best of any AE car I've done. Pretty close to the FK05 I built when that car was released. The only part I had to fit in any way was the steering knuckles...had to fit those just a bit, but it was fine and didn't take much. I've heard that the parts quality of the T2 wasn't as good as it used to be. Just what I heard from a racer who built one not too long ago.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:16 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA
you must have the Tamiya 415MSX J/K with ya

I really do have one lol
drew85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:02 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default T2 for you?

I currently have and regularly run the following:
Schumacher MI2 & MI2 EC
Corally RDX
Xray T2
AE TC4 FT (recently sold)

Here's my experience.
The Schumachers are the easiest to tune and drive (less is more)
The Corally is twichy and precise but very fast when dialed
The TC4 is efficient and cheap to maintain
The T2 is a beautifully engineered high quality ride that seems to cost a lot if your going to wack stuff with it.

Overall the T2 is my current favourite for as long as I can afford the parts. Having said that, I have not actually broken anything yet on the T2 but have spent a bundle on spares just in case. My next car would probably be a Cyclone, seems like a great car and parts are cheap.
pcar951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:17 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Get a YOKOMO BD if your running asphalt this car is a killer hands down. I have been running this car about almost a year now I have no problem with it. I run this car on both carpet and asphalt. Actually I put track record on 19T class on carpet against T2, RDX, 415 with this car.

I have couple of guys at my track running x-ray T2 but like they said it has tweak issue. they all prefer FK05 than a T2 just my 2 cents. Goodluck with your new car.

Get a car then stick with it. And Be one with the car LOL......
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:31 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yokomo lcg is good on carpet. I put the heavy duty arms on it and it is very durable
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:29 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

well i got me a rdx its way easy to drive but i wasnt happy with it because it was stuck in the ground and wouldnt hold my corner speed nee to do some tuning. But all in all wait get you a kyosho shaft car or there belt car that will be out later like way later. If you run carpet oval tc4,pro4,and the nex kyosho shaft cars will be great because the battery is on the left side. Im having problems with the car gettin to much bite with my battery on the right side. If you run asphault or and any road course style stay with the yoko bd,rdx,t2,and the cyclone im sure there are some more but cant think right now o the msx.. Get one and dont look back at what you decided... i know ill try and get rid of my fttc4 with only 4 races on it right as soon as kyosho get the shaft out ill prolly sell it cheap to...
Old 04-14-2006, 11:54 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what i dont understand is why evryone is saying that the tc4 is one of the best cars, i know a few people that have had tc3 and tc4's and they both are no match for an xray, i am in my 2nd year now and in my first season of running tc outdoors, i was beating those guys with a used losi xxxs car with my budget of about 25$ a week, (the racing was 5$ per class) and now i have my fk'04. in my second outdoor i was into the A main consistently. ( i jumped straight from the top of the C/bottom of B, to the bottom/middle of A mains) just from switching cars, about 85% of the guys that had xrays last year have gone to the t2. even the guy i figured was the last guy to move from the tc3, went to an 05, i now have one of the older cars in the club.

get an xray, you WONT regret it. wish i could afford the T2.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:12 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

The Schumacher MI2 does'nt seem to get much attention alot of times but man is it a fast , stable car! Get the P_Dub front bumper and breakage is very minimal. It's a really consistant car, not twitchy at all. A good choice if your getting into some touring car racing and looking for something other than the T(week)2 xray. But really buy what feels right this sport should be about fun

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:43 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Im new to electric, but have build and raced many other cars (mugen mtx, kyosho 777, etc etc).

The T2 is by far the best quality kit I have built, the parts and the fit is awesome
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 01:52 AM   #40
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah go with the T2, I haven't had one tweak issue with mine.

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:55 AM   #41
Tech Regular

Default Buy TC4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely get the TC4!!!!!!!!!! It will not drive as well as the pro4 or t2. Sooo.......I can pass you easier J/K...NOT.

It's a crying shame that the imports are better than the american made products(crying in my beer). The only one that seems to do well with the TC4 is BB. Just think how much more dominant he would be if he ran a T2 or Tamiya 415msx or Cyclone.

You say that most of your buddies drive TC4's...excellent. You will have a better handling car with the T2. Tc4 usually run a spool for best handling and that will cost a lot of parts breakage read $$$$ lost.

Pro /con

Tc4 pro

cheaper, parts everywhere

con
worst handling of the current crop of sedans in non superman hands. The single most important issue is handling for a racer imo. Associated just seems to be the beancounter sedan company.

Pro4 pro
great car handling and speed

con
some parts are priced too high(cvd's)
older design, replaced by cyclone in reality. Parts hard to find.

T2 pro

handles great and is built like a tank and very adjustible

con
parts are outrageously priced, springs ETC.

Tamiya 415msx refine2 pro

Handle great, Tamiya constantly tests AND upgrades THIS car (some are unhappy about what they see as constant upgrades). Marc Rheinhard won worlds and dominates with this car. Most cars are copying thIs cars design.!!!!!!!!!!

con
hard to get parts, some info that I want on internet is in Japanese
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #42
Tech Adept

mi2 ec i have just bought one and im really pleased with i was orignally runnong the older bersion of the mi2 and that was good but the ec is much better

schumacher all the way
nemisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:47 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default T2 for-ever

Even Mr BB is not talking much about the FT-TC4
I had and tried 2 FT TC4 and both had serious steering problems unlike my 2 NEW XRAY T2's (I will never own another car again).
this is the best running car I have ever run and I Believe that the TWEEK problem is minor and that ALL double deck cars have some tweak issue

BTW just check out witch cars are winning

The RDX is Very nice and so is the Yok ,But I prefer to have parts available and the XRAY parts are at MY LHS and if not it only takes 2 day to get from Stormer Hobbies<---PLUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
Definitely get the TC4!!!!!!!!!! It will not drive as well as the pro4 or t2. Sooo.......I can pass you easier J/K...NOT.

It's a crying shame that the imports are better than the american made products(crying in my beer). The only one that seems to do well with the TC4 is BB. Just think how much more dominant he would be if he ran a T2 or Tamiya 415msx or Cyclone.

You say that most of your buddies drive TC4's...excellent. You will have a better handling car with the T2. Tc4 usually run a spool for best handling and that will cost a lot of parts breakage read $$$$ lost.

Pro /con

Tc4 pro

cheaper, parts everywhere

con
worst handling of the current crop of sedans in non superman hands. The single most important issue is handling for a racer imo. Associated just seems to be the beancounter sedan company.

Pro4 pro
great car handling and speed

con
some parts are priced too high(cvd's)
older design, replaced by cyclone in reality. Parts hard to find.

T2 pro

handles great and is built like a tank and very adjustible

con
parts are outrageously priced, springs ETC.

Tamiya 415msx refine2 pro

Handle great, Tamiya constantly tests AND upgrades THIS car (some are unhappy about what they see as constant upgrades). Marc Rheinhard won worlds and dominates with this car. Most cars are copying thIs cars design.!!!!!!!!!!

con
hard to get parts, some info that I want on internet is in Japanese
ROAR # 11-118753 / MATT #11-118754
MECH # 11-118755 / RYLEE #11-118756
RIP :Loretta Plueard 2017
SUPPORTING NORTHWEST HARVEST --- WWW.NORTHWESTHARVEST.ORG THE HUNGER STOPS HERE
Skruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #44
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

A lot of the people I race with are jumping off the T2 and onto the RDX.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #45
Tech Regular

dude just take the car you think you will be ok whit it!! because here evertbody will says the car they run as the best car!! i run a rdx and i will says to pick up a RDX for sure cause i have one !! if i went to xray i wil says get a T2!!! understand my point??? but in your 3 chocie

T2
TC4
Pro 4

the t2 is the best car you can get between those 3 dude!!! but i says go whit the car that most people have at your club and go whit the car that your local hobby carry most of the parts !!!

hope you will find the rigth car for you!!
Later!!

TakeCare
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote