Like Tree35Likes

ARC A10

Old 07-13-2022, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Oh, ISTC 2000 where Masami won A1 and Pavidis won A2. A1 was a throw-away round for both Hara and Pavidis. And Pavidis only won A2 because Hara spun out by himself on the last major corner before the finish.
Pavidis was taken out in A1 instead of A2....He had the speed on Masami, and was visibly faster than everyone else....
Old 07-13-2022, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think the biggest problem you'll find with this car will be it's availability. It's just not profitable to import anymore (cheap price). There will be some, but not in the quantities we're used to. May wanna look overseas when it hits. That's the ultimate "price" you pay when a car tries to stay inexpensive to the consumer in the middle of a shortage.

The car runs fantastic though, had some issues that were corrected pretty fast. Great all around car though. She'll be a fast one.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

I am sure the car will be fast, but will it be unique and light ???
Old 07-13-2022, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

My question as an ARC R12.1 driver who has had good success with the present car is.... is there anything noteworthy to move on from the R12.1?

I have been informed the 2 cars will be supported alongside each other which means parts should still be widely available in the coming years for the 12.1. I can see the lower carbon fibre arms in the pics here but does this actually improve performance?

Am curious as I am currently keeping up well with the X4s, Awesomatics and MTC2s - cars equipped with the carbon fibre arms... (conveniently not mentioning the local drivers with 10-year-old BD7s are also keeping up well with me)... but do the small changes actually improve performance? Will it put me on top of the cars mentioned.

I have just gotten a bit disillusioned with the "once a year release" race... At this point i want manufacturers to stop copying/innovating and just look after the drivers... continue building parts for cars over the age of two...

bertrandsv87 and Juniorabca like this.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Finally, someone knows why I kept my tc4.2 !!! Parts are still available for it today on ebay, etc....
Old 07-13-2022, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tak4
At this point i want manufacturers to stop copying/innovating and just look after the drivers... continue building parts for cars over the age of two...
If only that were a business model that kept them in business. Unfortunately the masses want new bling. Just know I'm with you on that totally. It's just not profitable to do so. $100 in parts for a year or $600 for a kit and hop ups? Sad, but the nature of small business.
Old 07-14-2022, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Finally, someone knows why I kept my tc4.2 !!! Parts are still available for it today on ebay, etc....
Until those parts become worth more then the car itself

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
If only that were a business model that kept them in business. Unfortunately the masses want new bling. Just know I'm with you on that totally. It's just not profitable to do so. $100 in parts for a year or $600 for a kit and hop ups? Sad, but the nature of small business.
Yup its a balance between whats known to work on the track and what the public wants for eye candy.
New kits barely pay for themselves so you hope they buy extra parts. You only hope the extra parts arent a result of a weak design.

Then again you could always blame the driver and not the parts, apparently that works well for another company.
Thankfully Arc has been known for quality parts in their kits.
Marcos.J and gigaplex like this.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Check out the new ARC A10 at arc-rc.com.tw
Old 07-14-2022, 10:57 PM
h2e
Tech Fanatic

Default Armchair impression

Looks ok, like a natural evolution from the R12.1, from where it seems to share a few bits.

+ really low shocktowers
+ chassis looks narrow at the back (longitudinal overhang similar to all other cars out there)
+ direct-mount servo previsions
+ bulkheads seem a bit more robust than the R12.1 ones, but still with a weak spot at the top deck attachment.
+ spur gear attachment looks better than Serpent/Yokomo (equal to most other designs)
- Wheelhubs look weak-ish at ball joint attachments, may have been ok for c hub cars, but for these A-Arms, I am not sure.
- top bulkheads seem to have no keying into the lower ones and have similar weakness like some other famous Xample. Will that upset setups in lighter crashes?
- Ballast attachments near center? --> found them in the manual
- Unsprung weight (lower wishbones) look still possible to optimise (even if not by huge amounts, just removing some screws)

just looking for the hair in the soup...

Last edited by h2e; 07-15-2022 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2022, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Another car that is increasing the parts count and adding complexity and fragility in order to look good on the pit table.

There's no way I'm buying one of these setup-station nighmares when conventional wishbone cars are still competitive. At least the XRAY and Mugen top arms isolate the camber from the caster, these double turnbuckles remind me of the late 90s.

4wd touring is in a bad place at the moment, cars that cost 600+ and need an extra 100+ tool to set up before they even turn a wheel are not going to bring any new blood in.

I'd take my old 2012 R10 instead of this.
tygertyger likes this.
Old 07-15-2022, 02:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sosidge
Another car that is increasing the parts count and adding complexity and fragility in order to look good on the pit table.

There's no way I'm buying one of these setup-station nighmares when conventional wishbone cars are still competitive. At least the XRAY and Mugen top arms isolate the camber from the caster, these double turnbuckles remind me of the late 90s.

4wd touring is in a bad place at the moment, cars that cost 600+ and need an extra 100+ tool to set up before they even turn a wheel are not going to bring any new blood in.

I'd take my old 2012 R10 instead of this.

The R12.1 is amazing though... havent had such a good feeling car in a while...

Old 07-15-2022, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Old 07-15-2022, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Old 07-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

And there ya have it..."The Warthog"
jo_er86 and oldfool like this.
Old 07-15-2022, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
At least the XRAY and Mugen top arms isolate the camber from the caster, these double turnbuckles remind me of the late 90s.
I look at it another way, as with double turn buckles it's no heavier, and you can get exactly the same castor/camber side to side. Just ask the mugen guys about how unless you build it it just right, castor will be off left to right... I know what option I'd take.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.