OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Old 07-11-2022, 03:39 PM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
well cant argue your point..back in the days the motor cause torque steer..problem
but now day the motor mount is now opposite side...
if they get right driver for the Express Arrow AT1 he could win the world
you just never know
They still have torque steer, a shaft car can potentially be as fast over a single lap as a belt car but more difficult to drive, which has probably always been the way, mod won't be going back to shaft anytime soon. Win the world's what have you been smoking 🤣🤣
Old 07-11-2022, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
well cant argue your point..back in the days the motor cause torque steer..problem
but now day the motor mount is now opposite side...
if they get right driver for the Express Arrow AT1 he could win the world
you just never know
It doesn't matter what side the motor is on, torque is torque. The TC3 came closest to winning a worlds (TQ'd and finished second after some bad luck with a DNF) and the AT1 has the motor on the same side as the TC3.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:16 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
It doesn't matter what side the motor is on, torque is torque. The TC3 came closest to winning a worlds (TQ'd and finished second after some bad luck with a DNF) and the AT1 has the motor on the same side as the TC3.
I agreed to your statement
that only reason why I said about motor side ,I had an hop up from Alex Racing for R2 came out chassis with motor mount opposite side and it seem to help
Plus my A700, and all my Exotek shaft cars ( EVO 5 and EVO 6 and Pro 4
magnum likes this.

Last edited by OVA; 07-11-2022 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tazz888
Who has part support in the USA for ARC? I havenít been able to find much for my R12.
hobbyauthority-dis.com or hobby square
tazz888 likes this.
Old 07-11-2022, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

The tc3 was robbed of a worlds when someone in third place dove in and hit it on the first turn...The hit probably tweaked it the rest of the race: no stop and go for the derby racer then.....I say strip him of the past title, and give credit where it is due....Hopefully Bert(non smoker/non drinker, etc) can right this wrong in a few years...lol....Hope the A10 is not another mtc2/X4 clone....

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 07-12-2022 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 10:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
The tc3 was robbed of a worlds when someone in second place dove in and hit it on the first turn...The hit probably tweaked it the rest of the race: no stop and go for the derby racer then.....I say strip him of the past title, and give credit where it is due....Hopefully Bert(non smoker/non drinker, etc) can right this wrong in a few years...lol....Hope the A10 is not another mtc2/X4 clone....
Nobody hit him on the first turn. Barry drove into a wall by himself later in the run (around 1h13m18s is the start of A3).

Old 07-12-2022, 01:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

If torque steer from shaft drive is so bad, why are a lot of 4wd buggies shaft?
Old 07-12-2022, 02:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dlruk
Buggies run in dirty conditions, sealing a belt drivetrain is difficult.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:39 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

The tc3 was robbed of a worlds when someone in second place dove in and hit it on the first turn...The hit probably tweaked it the rest of the race: no stop and go for the derby racer then.....I say strip him of the past title, and give credit where it is due....Hopefully Bert(non smoker/non drinker, etc) can right this wrong in a few years...lol....Hope the A10 is not another mtc2/X4 clone....
Barry was easily the fastest man there in qualifying. But come the finals head to head it was much more even and perhaps just a little too harder to drive over the belt cars. Same when HPi had a really good shot at winning with the HPi Pro 4 with a few of their drivers, best world's TC to watch in my opinion. This was the towards the peak of TC with a good battle between belt and shaft drive cars. Tamiya never entered a team into the world's with their shaft car even back in the day.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Much more suspension and heavier car to absorb it but its there.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:48 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Robbob
Much more suspension and heavier car to absorb it but its there.
Could be why Schumacher has had so much success indoors with their buggy
sosidge likes this.
Old 07-12-2022, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Nobody hit him on the first turn. Barry drove into a wall by himself later in the run (around 1h13m18s is the start of A3).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnfR-R9WKw8&t=4398s
Know your Rc history: I was talking about istc2000 when Hara took out Pavidis in A1 on the first turn...Pavidis won A2 and was poised to pass Masami in A1 until the big boom and no penalty was called...Hopefully the A10 will do as good now as the tc3 did then....

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 07-13-2022 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-12-2022, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

Know your Rc history: I was talking about istc2000 when Hara took out Pavidis in A2 on the first turn...Pavidis won A1 and was poised to pass Masami in A2 until the big boom and no penalty was called...Hopefully the A10 will do as good now as the tc3 did then....
Oh, ISTC 2000 where Masami won A1 and Pavidis won A2. A1 was a throw-away round for both Hara and Pavidis. And Pavidis only won A2 because Hara spun out by himself on the last major corner before the finish.
Old 07-13-2022, 01:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bar
They still have torque steer, a shaft car can potentially be as fast over a single lap as a belt car but more difficult to drive, which has probably always been the way, mod won't be going back to shaft anytime soon. Win the world's what have you been smoking 🤣🤣
Torque steer is caused by chassis twisting under motor's torque. With a floating gearbox design, this problem should be reduced. Brushless motors have very low inertia compared to brushed motors, so weight transfer caused by motor inertia is reduced, too. Also, motor:driveshaft ratio is approaching 1:1 which further reduces the effect. So there's a chance that shaft drive could make a comeback.

Buggies run softer suspension and rougher surface, so chassis twisting is less noticeable, while larger wheels overcome motor inertia in jumps.
Robbob and dlruk like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.