R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   3pk vs m11 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/109809-3pk-vs-m11.html)

Ultraspeed84 04-11-2006 07:48 PM

3pk vs m11

Wich really is nice to have? is it just feel or features that make you buy? let me know guys im in the hunt for a good one i like them both just dont know wich one to go with kinda towards the m11.. or m8 if theres not much diffrence in them..

HVFracingwilly 04-11-2006 07:52 PM

Ive had both i switched from the 3pk to the m11 and my only complaint is the wait of the m11. The m11 feels more accurate, could just be me. I also feel the the 3pk was easier to use, but i am willing to deal with the poor layout of the m11 for the precision it offers.

Lano 04-11-2006 08:03 PM

I own and have used both. To me a radio is all about how it fits and feels in your hand. I chose the M11. I don't think there is any real difference between any of the high quality radios on the market.

koabich 04-11-2006 08:39 PM

I haven't used the Futaba so I cannot comment but I can say this, I had an M8 for 5 years. I would have switched to the Futuba a long time ago but I didn't like the feel of the radio...I just wasn't comforrtable with the hand positioning after using the M8 for so long...no other reason than that.

I would have went to the KO but it felt like it was flimsy and made poorly compared to the M8.

When the M11 came out, I jummped all over it. It has the same balance and feel as the M8 however, I found the radio 100 times easier to use than the M8. The digital display along with instructions make for a really easy radio to use. I love this radio, it's truely a piece of work!

I am sure you will love which ever radio you choose but I just had to throw my 2 cents in on this.

Ultraspeed84 04-11-2006 08:41 PM

keepem cumin.. I dont like the KO for the reason of it looks like my spectrum unit... i just read that there is a super3pk and that there might be a chance that futaba is going to sell there own spectrum like unit with there controlers? any speculations on that

rc-zombies 04-11-2006 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
keepem cumin.. I dont like the KO for the reason of it looks like my spectrum unit... i just read that there is a super3pk and that there might be a chance that futaba is going to sell there own spectrum like unit with there controlers? any speculations on that

Yes..there is a 3PK-Super. I just got mine yesterday.the synthisized version. improved software over the original. easier to access the menu. and very balance while I hold it.

and yes.. Futaba is coming out with there 2.4ghz system. a High Speed Response system. the reciever is super slik... no antenna wire to mess with.
I posted details on the Pro4 thread... ( I think ).. :blush:
should be released sometime this summer. the Module and reciever can also be purchased seperately if you already have the 3PK...

Ultraspeed84 04-12-2006 10:17 AM

how much was you super3pk? also is this controler more balance then the regular 3pk because it seemd front heavy to me..

rc-zombies 04-12-2006 10:23 AM

how much was you super3pk? also is this controler more balance then the regular 3pk because it seemd front heavy to me..

$350.
reg. $380 at Tower..less $30.00 discount code.
more bottom heavy now that it includes a vibrate alert in the handle.
it is slightly heavier than the original 3PK.
there is also a new nicad pack holder that the previous version did not have.
20 model memory..don't know any people that has 20 rc cars or boats... :lol:

JayL 04-12-2006 10:39 AM

yep just go my 3pk-s fully synth! very sweet and balanced. I like lowering the steering wheel to keep my right arm straighter.

Ultraspeed84 04-12-2006 10:51 AM

what full syn mean? i always thought that was like the spectrum where it doesnt use crystals?

rc-zombies 04-12-2006 10:54 AM

what full syn mean? i always thought that was like the spectrum where it doesnt use crystals?

fully synthisized.. no crystals...not a full 2.4ghz system like the spectrum.
still uses the different frequencies that are used on 27mhz or 75mhz.
simply dial in the channel you want to run on.
full spec:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futk25.html

Ultraspeed84 04-12-2006 11:00 AM

will that get rid of twitching?

rc-zombies 04-12-2006 11:02 AM

will that get rid of twitching?

I haven't had any twitch problem with mine.

The_Stig 04-12-2006 02:42 PM

I have a M11 and swear by it, and my buddy has a 3PK and swears by it. I don't think you could lose with either one. See which is more comfortable in your hand and go with that one.

Scottmisfits 04-12-2006 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
20 model memory..don't know any people that has 20 rc cars or boats... :lol:

I had 14 cars at one point. I had my radio set for a different motor (Stock and Mod) for onroad and then set up different for each car with a normal and a slick trick set up. I think I had 27 set up's in the radio. You don't have to do that but why not take advantage of all the bells and whistle's?