R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-21-2002, 09:14 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default My Bloody Red......4 pack?????

Yep it's true!! No I am not just calling a CK a different name either! Let me explain.......
I went to a local (1hr. trip) shop yesterday to check out a few used 1/12th cars. She said she had the red knife, and I wanted it so desperately.... you see after several months of strapping in saddle packs I grow tired of it, getting the straps/tape tight behind the cells on my 6-pack is a pain. I was on the verge of contacting Windtunnel and having them build me a new switchblade style chassis. Well when I got down there she showed me te cars she had..... I liked the 2 6-packs, but now the old style front end, the old Trinity car was nice....... OHHH the new Trinity car with the battery lay-out I wanted was sweet, but big T's front end looks fragile to me...... HMMM So I tell her my deliema.... she starts digging under the counter and brings out just what I was looking for a Yokomo SP2001 chassis plate, and damn it looks sooo sexy..... Imediately I state that I will take that, then begin looking at the 6-packs agian.... The BR chassis needed some work.....but it's BLOODY RED!!!!!!! So I had to have it!!!!

Now before I post teh pics I have a few questions stimming from the new Chassis plate. The wheelsbase is now approximately 3mm longer in wheelbase, and the weight of the batteries is shifted to the center by 1mm per side and 1-2mm forward at the farthest back point. How will this effect handling.

Also I amexperementing with a new front shock mount location, this makes places the front ball stub 4mm forward and about 3mm higher than stock.... how will this effect handling???

Finally here are the pics of my [/b]BLOODY RED 4-PACK!!!!!![b]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg br 4 pack.jpg (38.8 KB, 339 views)

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:24 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

Why you making this 1/12 scale thing so difficult. The new car looks cool but why mess with a good thing. If you were tired of saddle packs just get a rev 3 or a kinfe. The trinity front end is not weak at all. I have never broken anything on my blade. Thats ok Jim is buildin a new ride right now
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 12:35 PM   #3
Tech Elite

WHY??? cause I gotta be different??? how can you be fast if you just wait and follow everyone else???? LOL Besides like said I prefer how my 6-pack handled over the knife.... and I always have the option of just slapping on an associated t-bar w/ tweak screws.

What is Jim Building..... let me guess You finally talked him into the Trinity car????

Old 12-21-2002, 03:57 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

Ya he got a new blade
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 07:27 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

It's a old yokomo chassis (before the white ones) with red CRC parts, not a full CRC
petenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 09:45 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Petenis-- your very attentative....LOL You got that all from the Picture?? I stated it was a Yokomo SP2001 chassis plate, and I built a BR 6-pack around it...... Truthfully the car is 90% CRC, and 10% Yokomo.....