Search
Like Tree1468Likes

GT12-RT

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 02:49 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RKeasler
True... I discussed this point with a person close to the subject and he said basically the one tire rule is the catch all, hard to police the other, not much point in trying
I guess ROAR added that about no skimming. But as you said hard to police what happens outside of the track if people want to do it. The limit of one set of tires kinda limits how much you can do anyway because if someone does it too much and wears the tire down then they dont get another set! The way it is seems to have policed itself the last few races that have done it.

EA
RKeasler, vafactor and Kruss45 like this.
Old 02-16-2023, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I guess ROAR added that about no skimming. But as you said hard to police what happens outside of the track if people want to do it. The limit of one set of tires kinda limits how much you can do anyway because if someone does it too much and wears the tire down then they dont get another set! The way it is seems to have policed itself the last few races that have done it.

EA
How does one take it outside the track? When we do controlled tyre multi-day events, you have to hand the tyres back in before leaving.
Old 02-16-2023, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nego
head over next month to beachline , they will be running on road once a month, gt12 foam it's one of the biggest classes. We will get you going for carpet and asphalt setup, as far as running rubber tires if we get the turn out they will run it.
Definitely trying to get out there soon even if just for a practice session. Trying to get a coworker into racing also.
Nego likes this.
Old 02-16-2023, 05:37 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
How does one take it outside the track? When we do controlled tyre multi-day events, you have to hand the tyres back in before leaving.
Not how its done in the US. Tires are marked with tamper proof labels/markings but thats it End of day you dont turn them in.

EA
Old 02-16-2023, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Not how its done in the US. Tires are marked with tamper proof labels/markings but thats it End of day you dont turn them in.

EA
So anyone can goop or skim or do anything else to the tyre if they take them home. Labels generally only work on the rim, what's stopping someone from taking the tyre off the rim and replacing it with something else?
Old 02-16-2023, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you're going that far with the SJT tires to get an advantage,you've got a problem is all I'll say
davidl and simple like this.
Old 02-16-2023, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So anyone can goop or skim or do anything else to the tyre if they take them home. Labels generally only work on the rim, what's stopping someone from taking the tyre off the rim and replacing it with something else?
When we marked tires the last time, we did it with both labels and a splotch of some garishly colored nail polish that covered both rim and tire.
Old 02-17-2023, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Removing the tires and replacing them would be an extreme effort. I have mounted them and that side is hard by hand.
Old 02-17-2023, 05:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
If you're going that far with the SJT tires to get an advantage,you've got a problem is all I'll say
I find they get weird and inconsistent if I don't scuff them occasionally. I lightly scuff them by hand with a gravity tire file once or twice a race day. Keeps them feeling new and not like an old lizard. Apparently I have a problem.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 02-17-2023, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by old_dude
Removing the tires and replacing them would be an extreme effort. I have mounted them and that side is hard by hand.
Soaking them overnight in an additive banned by the track is pretty darn easy though. And while not directly relevant to this thread, it's pretty easy to do swaps with TC tyres using acetone. Sounds like EA was implying that tyre impounds aren't a thing in general over there.
Old 02-17-2023, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All this discussion about the rubber tires? If your going to try to remount those tires like Old Dude said -have fun!
Old 02-17-2023, 09:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
All this discussion about the rubber tires? If your going to try to remount those tires like Old Dude said -have fun!
I think this thread has gone off on a control tires in general tangent. At least I hope so. I have seen the machines Scott using to build these things. I doubt people are bringing these to the hotel rooms.
Old 02-17-2023, 10:23 AM
Tech Initiate

If this isn't the place to ask, then I can move my question elsewhere so apologies in advanced.
I purchased a used XRay X12 '22 which was built to the factory specs, and came with a GT12-RT setup (1S ESC, 21.5 motor, GT body, SJT tires).I haven't run 1/12th scale in 20 years and never ran on black carpet until last week, but I was experiencing traction rolling. Is this something that happens with these cars if you dont drive them a certain way? Also, on a high grip black carpet track using SXT, I found that I was basically able to keep the throttle pegged wide open about 99% of the time, only letting off approaching a hairpin to let the front settle for a millisecond before getting back to full throttle. Does that mimic what others experience, or am I way down on power or something? It reminded me of the old 4 cell NiMH days but with 100000% more traction.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
I find they get weird and inconsistent if I don't scuff them occasionally. I lightly scuff them by hand with a gravity tire file once or twice a race day. Keeps them feeling new and not like an old lizard. Apparently I have a problem.
before things get back on track, I was referring to people taking the rubber off and replacing it because that is the most extreme thing someone could do to get an advantage in that class
Old 02-17-2023, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tuxkilla
If this isn't the place to ask, then I can move my question elsewhere so apologies in advanced.
I purchased a used XRay X12 '22 which was built to the factory specs, and came with a GT12-RT setup (1S ESC, 21.5 motor, GT body, SJT tires).I haven't run 1/12th scale in 20 years and never ran on black carpet until last week, but I was experiencing traction rolling. Is this something that happens with these cars if you dont drive them a certain way? Also, on a high grip black carpet track using SXT, I found that I was basically able to keep the throttle pegged wide open about 99% of the time, only letting off approaching a hairpin to let the front settle for a millisecond before getting back to full throttle. Does that mimic what others experience, or am I way down on power or something? It reminded me of the old 4 cell NiMH days but with 100000% more traction.
1. I've been running the X12'21/22 for the past couple years on black carpet - I apply a coat of CA glue to the front outside bead of the tires - have not had a single traction role since.
2. A good place I've found to start gearing is the smallest Spur you can fit on your setup (ex:I use a 66 on the AMX gear diff axle) and 10 teeth off for the pinion (56)... I then tune to whatever track is setup, depending on layout or length of straight for a balance of max speed and acceleration. The tricky part with the XRAY cars is finding a spool or differential that will combine with the spur and pinion you want to size.

Nego likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.