Like Tree1523Likes

GT12-RT

Old 03-24-2022, 12:07 PM
  #46  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
Having the same problem. Ordered March 1. Seems that Scotty is filling orders for the big races first? Really need to two sets that I ordered.
FWIW He had supply issues.
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 03-24-2022, 12:08 PM
  #47  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BullFrog
CRC25AR! We only race foams down here in Florida because we race out doors 99% of the time. Just one track is indoors -CRC carpet but it is once a month.But we still race foams there. If your having problems with rubber tires go back to foams.
By the way ya'll are welcome to come to our regional on April 8-10th. and the on Road Nationals in October- with Foam tires on the GT12's.
Sure running foams when only SJT are legal. Great advice.
Rick Vessell and gwc like this.
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 03-24-2022, 12:16 PM
  #48  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (9)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 17,767
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
Sure running foams when only SJT are legal. Great advice.
I do understand the concern about there only being a single tire supplier. Running into this with off road as 3 tracks around me have moved to foams. And thereís only one supplier
Billy Kelly is offline  
Old 03-24-2022, 12:24 PM
  #49  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I do understand the concern about there only being a single tire supplier. Running into this with off road as 3 tracks around me have moved to foams. And thereís only one supplier
I don't think he is trying to be helpful. This thread was created to separate those who run SJT and those who run foam. It seems like trolling / baiting to me.
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 03-24-2022, 12:49 PM
  #50  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 282
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kruss45
I ordered a new set of sjt tires directly from the guy that makes them off his site in January. I still haven’t received them and it’s almost the end of March. I understand that snowbirds and the carpet nats just happened so there could’ve been some delay. I’ve emailed them and sent messages through fb messenger about it and absolutely nothing. I’m throughly pissed that this has happened. Does anyone have any other suggestions to either get what I paid for or get my money back? Tia
I haven't received my order placed on 2/20. I replied to the [email protected] email inquiring about status of my order on 3/7 but have not received a reply. I sent another email yesterday to an address I found in the PayPal transaction ([email protected]). If I don't hear back in the next couple of days I will file a dispute with PayPal.

** UPDATE ** - I sent an "inquiry" via PayPal and I immediately received a refund and an email from SJT that my order was updated to "Refunded".
Billy Kelly and gwc like this.

Last edited by Red141; 03-24-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Red141 is offline  
Old 03-24-2022, 03:33 PM
  #51  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,050
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

No I mentioned that because that's what we run in Florida (on Foams). If you can't get the rubber tires you could run foams. And our regionals and ROAR nationals -your welcome to come run on foams- much easier to find- nothing else.
BullFrog is offline  
Old 03-24-2022, 05:17 PM
  #52  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,204
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Hey, Saturday, April 2, we're going to race GT12 with pit stops at MRCR in Mishawaka IN. SJT rubber, USGT motor (open gear). USGT, F1 will be on tap too...door prizes...good stuff

https://www.facebook.com/groups/916839475635289
robk is offline  
Old 03-25-2022, 06:57 AM
  #53  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BullFrog
No I mentioned that because that's what we run in Florida (on Foams). If you can't get the rubber tires you could run foams. And our regionals and ROAR nationals -your welcome to come run on foams- much easier to find- nothing else.
Get out of here with your foam crap. This thread is for a class that specifically does not run foams.
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 03-25-2022, 07:10 AM
  #54  
gwc
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: TN
Posts: 211
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
Get out of here with your foam crap. This thread is for a class that specifically does not run foams.
Well said, couldn't have said it better!
gwc is offline  
Old 03-25-2022, 07:20 AM
  #55  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

What setups are people running? Toe, Caster, Camber?
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 03-25-2022, 07:39 AM
  #56  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Rastaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Norcal
Posts: 154
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Here in norcal at amainhobbies carpet track we run gt12, but with 21.5 motors, is the 17.5 just what your club decided to run?
Rastaracer is offline  
Old 03-25-2022, 07:43 AM
  #57  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Rastaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Norcal
Posts: 154
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Red141
I haven't received my order placed on 2/20. I replied to the [email protected] email inquiring about status of my order on 3/7 but have not received a reply. I sent another email yesterday to an address I found in the PayPal transaction ([email protected]). If I don't hear back in the next couple of days I will file a dispute with PayPal.

** UPDATE ** - I sent an "inquiry" via PayPal and I immediately received a refund and an email from SJT that my order was updated to "Refunded".
damn I just ordered some tires too last week I hope this isnít the case for me and I get them soon..
Rastaracer is offline  
Old 03-25-2022, 08:03 AM
  #58  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rastaracer
Here in norcal at amainhobbies carpet track we run gt12, but with 21.5 motors, is the 17.5 just what your club decided to run?
As far as I can tell, they are the only track running 1s 17.5. Most tracks run 1s and a 21.5 of some sort and Vegas runs a 2s 25.5.

Originally Posted by Rastaracer
damn I just ordered some tires too last week I hope this isn’t the case for me and I get them soon..
I was quoted about 5 days from now for my order. I don't know where small orders fall in the priority list. He has the supplies in, he now needs to mount process and ship them.
Rastaracer likes this.
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 03-25-2022, 08:04 AM
  #59  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,300
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rastaracer
Here in norcal at amainhobbies carpet track we run gt12, but with 21.5 motors, is the 17.5 just what your club decided to run?
Not sure who this question was directed at, but up in Seattle we've decided to run the HW 17.5 fixed timing. We made this call to just eliminate motor war arguments that inevitably crop up. The HW 17.5 runs just like a 21.5 normal motor (yeah it's pretty de-tuned). It also adds a ton of weight to the car and eliminates the need to even mention a weight rule haha.

But we are starting this up here to use the class as a bit of a stepping stone into 12th scale and it's working fantastically. With the FT motor, a fixed gearing and rubber tires....the class really becomes something that won't overwhelm a new racer or even an old one just getting into 12th scale. They can focus on driving and how setup affects the car.
Rastaracer likes this.
Carnage9270 is offline  
Old 03-25-2022, 08:09 AM
  #60  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Not sure who this question was directed at, but up in Seattle we've decided to run the HW 17.5 fixed timing. We made this call to just eliminate motor war arguments that inevitably crop up. The HW 17.5 runs just like a 21.5 normal motor (yeah it's pretty de-tuned). It also adds a ton of weight to the car and eliminates the need to even mention a weight rule haha.
The mid west is running the USGT (or similar) detuned 21.5. (which are close to a hot 25.5). I find it interesting you guys went with such a fast motor.
mrreet2001 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.