Like Tree1529Likes

GT12-RT

Old 03-23-2022, 05:51 AM
Tech Adept

I ordered a new set of sjt tires directly from the guy that makes them off his site in January. I still havenít received them and itís almost the end of March. I understand that snowbirds and the carpet nats just happened so there couldíve been some delay. Iíve emailed them and sent messages through fb messenger about it and absolutely nothing. Iím throughly pissed that this has happened. Does anyone have any other suggestions to either get what I paid for or get my money back? Tia
MC Hamilton, Red141 and gwc like this.
Old 03-23-2022, 07:03 AM
gwc
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kruss45
I ordered a new set of sjt tires directly from the guy that makes them off his site in January. I still havenít received them and itís almost the end of March. I understand that snowbirds and the carpet nats just happened so there couldíve been some delay. Iíve emailed them and sent messages through fb messenger about it and absolutely nothing. Iím throughly pissed that this has happened. Does anyone have any other suggestions to either get what I paid for or get my money back? Tia
Wow you have a lot more patience than I do, I would have been raising hell after 2 weeks. Go to your credit card/paypal they will refund your money.
Old 03-23-2022, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Did you pay via Paypal Goods and Services? Might be able to report it.

It's odd though, I received 2 sets in less than a week.
Old 03-23-2022, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Iíve disputed the charge with PayPal. Iím not saying that heís a bad seller but be aware that there could be a long delay. Another person also experienced a long delay in getting their tires so itís not an isolated thing
Old 03-23-2022, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Spotty supply from this vendor has been a well known and long-standing issue even before the rubber tires came out. This phenomenon was, is, and remains my primary objection to running GT12R. The rubber tired cars themselves are OK and fun enough to race with. But, for me, spotty tire availability is simply unacceptable. Itís bad enough that there is only one supplier for the rubber tires. But when the one source tends to be unresponsive, for me at least, that makes running GT12R a no go. For quite a while, we ran foam GT12 at my home track, and that produced great close fun racing. But now that some of the guys are intent on switching over to the rubber tires, Iíll switch back to traditional 17.5 GTP. At least for that foam tire class, there are multiple reliable sources for tires.
davidl likes this.

Last edited by vafactor; 03-23-2022 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Finally thinking Iím gonna try gt12 out. Canít decide Xray x12 or crc ck25 ar.

Pros
cons
Old 03-23-2022, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

CRC25AR! We only race foams down here in Florida because we race out doors 99% of the time. Just one track is indoors -CRC carpet but it is once a month.But we still race foams there. If your having problems with rubber tires go back to foams.
By the way ya'll are welcome to come to our regional on April 8-10th. and the on Road Nationals in October- with Foam tires on the GT12's.
Old 03-23-2022, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

they all run rubber tires here in Ohio

Originally Posted by BullFrog
CRC25AR! We only race foams down here in Florida because we race out doors 99% of the time. Just one track is indoors -CRC carpet but it is once a month.But we still race foams there. If your having problems with rubber tires go back to foams.
By the way ya'll are welcome to come to our regional on April 8-10th. and the on Road Nationals in October- with Foam tires on the GT12's.
Rick Vessell and gwc like this.
Old 03-23-2022, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

This is the exact reason I havenít got one

QUOTE=vafactor;15887683]Spotty supply from this vendor has been a well known and long-standing issue even before the rubber tires came out. This phenomenon was, is, and remains my primary objection to running GT12R. The rubber tired cars themselves are OK and fun enough to race with. But, for me, spotty tire availability is simply unacceptable. Itís bad enough that there is only one supplier for the rubber tires. But when the one source tends to be unresponsive, for me at least, that makes running GT12R a no go. For quite a while, we ran foam GT12 at my home track, and that produced great close fun racing. But now that some of the guys are intent on switching over to the rubber tires, Iíll switch back to traditional 17.5 GTP. At least for that foam tire class, there are multiple reliable sources for tires.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-23-2022, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

a few locals have been owed parts from him for over 2 years now. He wonít reply or anything.

Old 03-23-2022, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just order from Michaels RC he has them or he doesn't and I always get what ordered.... Never ordered direct from Scott
TOM MAR likes this.

Last edited by RKeasler; 03-24-2022 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:11 PM
gwc
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If there were no GT12RT I would still be running 1/10th 25.5 TC
Old 03-24-2022, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

You could try Superior Hobbies- He might have some rubber tires left?
Old 03-24-2022, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Why did we make a GT12R rubber tire thread? Do we need "go back to foam" talk in this one? Just sayin'
Old 03-24-2022, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Having the same problem. Ordered March 1. Seems that Scotty is filling orders for the big races first? Really need to two sets that I ordered.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.