Like Tree1529Likes

GT12-RT

Old 05-15-2024, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

I’d really like gear diff’s if they didn’t cost $120 for one we can actually get gears for.
LonnyJ1950 likes this.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What's been the latest consensus of the Arrowmax V2 gear diff?
Old 05-16-2024, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sabin
What's been the latest consensus of the Arrowmax V2 gear diff?
My advice would be no. I have one in a box somewhere still in pieces. There is a YouTube video of the original where the guy tries to worn you. I was hoping the V2 fixed those issues but it was worse.
Old 06-11-2024, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So ..... anyone hear anything about those other potential tire vendors?
racenut123 likes this.
Old 06-11-2024, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Cyrul has to be getting close, his foam tires are released now so I’m guessing rubber is soon?

The question soon will be who is going to allow them for GT12R club racing? Will it be a situation of if they’re rubber they’re good to go? Its looking like it’s going to be a supply issue before it’ll be an issue of tire performance. Whoever gets the supply out will be the king 🤷🏻‍♂️
STLNLST, racing_jason and nik77356 like this.
Old 06-12-2024, 02:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by belewis01
So ..... anyone hear anything about those other potential tire vendors?
On May 23rd I sent an email to Motiv/Gravity asking about GT12-R tires and received this response:

"Thanks for the message!
I Estimate that we will be releasing our 12th scale rubber tires in about a month. I have tested production samples and they are really great!
Thanks for the interest! "
Old 06-12-2024, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeO
Cyrul has to be getting close, his foam tires are released now so I’m guessing rubber is soon?

The question soon will be who is going to allow them for GT12R club racing? Will it be a situation of if they’re rubber they’re good to go? Its looking like it’s going to be a supply issue before it’ll be an issue of tire performance. Whoever gets the supply out will be the king 🤷🏻‍♂️
Originally Posted by signats
On May 23rd I sent an email to Motiv/Gravity asking about GT12-R tires and received this response:

"Thanks for the message!
I Estimate that we will be releasing our 12th scale rubber tires in about a month. I have tested production samples and they are really great!
Thanks for the interest! "

Thanks for the replies - I have enough tire life left for summer, I'll hold off on ordering tires to see what shakes out.
Old 06-12-2024, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a question about track width. I played with it a little last weekend and had mixed opinions. I race on black CRC carpet with an X12 and a spool to start with. I've looked at a lot of setup sheets and I see most people increasing both front and rear track width. I looked at the Xray X12 Setup helper and as for the front track width it says wider=decreases front grip, slower steering response, and increased understeer. Narrower=increase front grip, faster steering response, and decreased understeer. I can see that decreasing front grip will allow more corner speed by not scrubbing off speed. Would I be correct in that assumption? For the rear track width it says, wider decreases corner speed because it increases rear grip, and narrower increases corner speed and more on-power steering. Since this class is all about momentum I would think that the more narrow rear track width would be the better way to go. Now I know you don't want to increase the front and not the rear. Can somebody shed some light on this for me so I can make some sense of why the majority increase track width. I will experiment more when I am able to get back to the track. Thank you in advance for your response.
Old 06-12-2024, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeO
I’d really like gear diff’s if they didn’t cost $120 for one we can actually get gears for.
On my son's car, he runs a ball diff, but with Kyosho 30k diff grease. He is still learning so needs a little more forgiving feel than the spool. Sort of poor man's gear diff. We rebuild it every few weekends.
LonnyJ1950 likes this.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Adam W.
I have a question about track width. I played with it a little last weekend and had mixed opinions. I race on black CRC carpet with an X12 and a spool to start with. I've looked at a lot of setup sheets and I see most people increasing both front and rear track width. I looked at the Xray X12 Setup helper and as for the front track width it says wider=decreases front grip, slower steering response, and increased understeer. Narrower=increase front grip, faster steering response, and decreased understeer. I can see that decreasing front grip will allow more corner speed by not scrubbing off speed. Would I be correct in that assumption? For the rear track width it says, wider decreases corner speed because it increases rear grip, and narrower increases corner speed and more on-power steering. Since this class is all about momentum I would think that the more narrow rear track width would be the better way to go. Now I know you don't want to increase the front and not the rear. Can somebody shed some light on this for me so I can make some sense of why the majority increase track width. I will experiment more when I am able to get back to the track. Thank you in advance for your response.
I could be entirely wrong as to why people are doing it but for me personally I keep the track width wide for more stability.
Adam W. likes this.
Old 06-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Adam W.
The XRAY guide as well as the 1/12th scale wiki at the top of that thread, are in general, correct. Narrower front = increased front grip and wider rear = more rear grip. But these should not be seen as absolute statements because if kind of depends on the traction at the time, the other settings on your car, and your driving style. The best way to use track width on either the front or rear is the same as for any other adjustment, using it to solve a problem. Let's take rear track width and let my try to explain why narrower is not always more corner speed. Say you are running rubber tires, with a spool, on a kind of medium grip black carpet (like in the morning of a club race with a new layout). The narrow rear track width may actually have too little rear grip for that situation and the rear starts to step out mid-corner to exit so you either do not get a good launch off the corner or you have to lift a little or drive with caution, therefore, producing a slower lap time.

It's situational. You have to think about the layout too. On a bigger, more wide open sweeping corner layout with wide lanes, you may not need the car to rotate as much. Conversely, a tight layout with a lot of 180s and a good track designer using 6 to 8 foot lanes, you may need the car to rotate more aggressively at mid-corner.
racing_jason, Robbob and Adam W. like this.
Old 06-16-2024, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Camber

Typically I run foams and not rubbers. And I’ve always gone with a camber setting between .75 and 1 degree. On foams, more than 1 degree usually feels like “out of bounds”. My first race on rubbers I chose 1 degree and the car drove surprisingly good. But under post race inspection, it looks as if the outer edges of the front tires were being worked too much. So my question is how much camber do you experienced rubber tire carpet racers usually run?
Old 06-17-2024, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
Typically I run foams and not rubbers. And I’ve always gone with a camber setting between .75 and 1 degree. On foams, more than 1 degree usually feels like “out of bounds”. My first race on rubbers I chose 1 degree and the car drove surprisingly good. But under post race inspection, it looks as if the outer edges of the front tires were being worked too much. So my question is how much camber do you experienced rubber tire carpet racers usually run?
Only slightly more than 1.
Old 06-17-2024, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm down in the 0.5 range. I usually saw too much wear with more.
Old 06-18-2024, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

It depends on the car for me to have front tires wear flat and even. A12 needs less, like -0.75 camber with 5 or 6 degree caster. Roche with 10 degrees reactive caster, 4 degrees of caster, needs around -1.1 camber.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.