Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can you use O rings instead?
Old 08-06-2023, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by h2e
can you use O rings instead?
I actually just tried that, had some left over o rings from my Roche F1. They work.. Iíd prefer a slightly smaller oring so itís tighter, but it will do. I also tried the 5 mm bent ring, that seems to work as well
Old 08-07-2023, 09:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Mid motor Cero sport for this weekendís club racing
Old 08-07-2023, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

u mean mid pully or mid motor? what kind of hubs and axles are those
Old 08-07-2023, 10:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by 2dialed
u mean mid pully or mid motor? what kind of hubs and axles are those
mid pulley 5/5 configuration , those are aluminum hubs for the LRP S10 Blast 2
Old 08-07-2023, 01:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Mine is the same way and it makes my OCD crazy. The front belt rubs the pinion gear as well and the pinion is basically hanging off of the motor as it is so I can't move it out any more. It's like the whole motor mount assembly needs to be shifted. I've got about four full batteries through it and it drives good but that belt rubbing on the arm and pinion drives me nuts. Something just ain't right. Definitely a design flaw.
Old 08-07-2023, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

is a regular sport upgradable to that via a different motor mount?

Originally Posted by Marcos.J

Mid motor Cero sport for this weekendís club racing

Old 08-07-2023, 05:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Xtracrispy
is a regular sport upgradable to that via a different motor mount?
yes
Old 08-08-2023, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spug
Mine is the same way and it makes my OCD crazy. The front belt rubs the pinion gear as well and the pinion is basically hanging off of the motor as it is so I can't move it out any more. It's like the whole motor mount assembly needs to be shifted. I've got about four full batteries through it and it drives good but that belt rubbing on the arm and pinion drives me nuts. Something just ain't right. Definitely a design flaw.
My guess is you have something assembled wrong. I built my car in last October and there isn't a issue with the belts. Rear diff pulley is centered but pay attention as the slot in the chassis is a little narrow if you run a low diff. The flanges on the sprocket can rub. The front spool assembly is where your problem is probably at. Check to be sure that the sprocket is on the correct side of the hub and turned the right way. The instructions aren't clear and trial and error may be what is required.
Old 08-08-2023, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
My guess is you have something assembled wrong. I built my car in last October and there isn't a issue with the belts. Rear diff pulley is centered but pay attention as the slot in the chassis is a little narrow if you run a low diff. The flanges on the sprocket can rub. The front spool assembly is where your problem is probably at. Check to be sure that the sprocket is on the correct side of the hub and turned the right way. The instructions aren't clear and trial and error may be what is required.
We've already had a couple of people confirm they have the issue and they've double checked the pulleys. Maybe there's a bad batch?
Old 08-08-2023, 08:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by old_dude
I appreciate it but gigaplex might be right. Something definitely seems off. I've had it apart a bunch of times and tried getting things to line up and it just won't. I looked at a buddy's and his is the same way. It seems to run good but I just feel like that belt shouldn't rub on things. It's only about 1-2mm off but that can make a big difference in clearance with these cars.
Old 08-09-2023, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spug
I appreciate it but gigaplex might be right. Something definitely seems off. I've had it apart a bunch of times and tried getting things to line up and it just won't. I looked at a buddy's and his is the same way. It seems to run good but I just feel like that belt shouldn't rub on things. It's only about 1-2mm off but that can make a big difference in clearance with these cars.
Maybe. I helped a racer on Facebook yesterday who had the front spool assembled wrong. The mounting face on the hub for the sprocket is offset 1mm. Just make sure the pulley is on the side with the greatest distance to the end. If it is on the other side the sprocket flange will hit the lower arm when using the low diff inserts. It is hard to see this when the sprocket is mounted but easy when it isn't. Curiously a simple change in the design would keep this from happening. Just make it so the sprocket can't be mounted on the wrong side. The sport's hub is made that way.

Last edited by old_dude; 08-09-2023 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 08-10-2023, 04:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
mid pulley 5/5 configuration , those are aluminum hubs for the LRP S10 Blast 2
I saw you had tested with a few different hub options. Can you cover your parts tried and experience please?
Old 08-10-2023, 07:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by 92mnstanger
I saw you had tested with a few different hub options. Can you cover your parts tried and experience please?
they were all pretty much equal siding change much of the geometry , the x4 with the x4 steering arms are a perfect fit , the blue ones in using now I can get more lock angle in the front
Old 08-10-2023, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

You have the spool assembled incorrectly. Dissassemble it completely and start over. The screw heads should be visible from this side not the threaded ends.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.