Search
Like Tree7Likes

New protoform bodies?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default New protoform bodies?

anyone know of anything new coming from protoform or are they done with onroad? the strakka was discontinued and now the turismo is discontinued but i havent seen anything about new bodies coming
Old 12-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snopro31
anyone know of anything new coming from protoform or are they done with onroad? the strakka was discontinued and now the turismo is discontinued but i havent seen anything about new bodies coming
I wonder if they discontinued the Strakka body because it's almost identical to the AMR? I have both and they sandwich on top of each other as if it's the same body.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:46 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dont think Protoform will be competitive in any TC racing body anymore. They are more focused on the mainstream Traxxas or Arrma or whatever RTR brand out there or licensed bodies for USGT or drag racing
Lonestar likes this.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Keep in mind that it’s all owned by Horizon now, so chances are that if it isn’t selling a ton, they probably haven’t placed much priority on it.
Dan and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

if protoform stops there onroad stuff? what will happen to the vta class? We use those tires for spec racing..
Old 12-15-2021, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Keep in mind that it’s all owned by Horizon now
Dodnt know that
Old 12-15-2021, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rastaracer
if protoform stops there onroad stuff? what will happen to the vta class? We use those tires for spec racing..

Its highly unlikely that Horizon will stop production on the VTA line of bodies and tires. Those sell like hotcakes everywhere. But that’s not to say they won’t stop production on low selling bodies like the Ford GT (you see very few) and the previously mentioned TC body
Rastaracer likes this.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't think you have to worry about the tires.
Rastaracer likes this.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dale has retired, so he's not involved any more. His son Eric is still there and Protoform is very much alive. But I think you'll find their priorities will change toward more 'popular' lines.
Old 12-15-2021, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

I know it’s been hit and Miss on the tires. Amain is outta stock on fronts for a while now.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

PF isn't going anywhere. 👀
jiml likes this.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Dodnt know that
Protoform was bought out by Pro-Line years ago, so with Horizon’s purchase of Pro-Line earlier this year, it’s all under the Horizon umbrella now.
Old 12-17-2021, 05:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Its highly unlikely that Horizon will stop production on the VTA line of bodies and tires. Those sell like hotcakes everywhere. But that’s not to say they won’t stop production on low selling bodies like the Ford GT (you see very few) and the previously mentioned TC body
What do your fast guys run in USGT? Our podium is almost always 3 Ford GTs.
Old 12-17-2021, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
What do your fast guys run in USGT? Our podium is almost always 3 Ford GTs.

That’s great and all, but take a look at most tracks around the country. Single color zoo and exo bodies make up nearly every A main from large races to club. The occasional PF Vitoria will get in there. Along with the random outliers of others such as the Ford GT, and a few Bitty bodies. But those are generally few and far between.

point I was getting at, is as mentioned by others, Horizon now runs the show. They have a reputation and history of cutting out low selling items and absolutely destroying the heart of the company’s they buy out. See Team Losi. I am afraid that PL/PF will soon be similar. They already stopped selling non premounted VTA tires, and I know they cut several small retailers deals when the buy-out occurred.
Old 12-17-2021, 07:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
That’s great and all, but take a look at most tracks around the country. Single color zoo and exo bodies make up nearly every A main from large races to club. The occasional PF Vitoria will get in there. Along with the random outliers of others such as the Ford GT, and a few Bitty bodies. But those are generally few and far between.

point I was getting at, is as mentioned by others, Horizon now runs the show. They have a reputation and history of cutting out low selling items and absolutely destroying the heart of the company’s they buy out. See Team Losi. I am afraid that PL/PF will soon be similar. They already stopped selling non premounted VTA tires, and I know they cut several small retailers deals when the buy-out occurred.
Wrong side of the bed there? I was just curious as to what the other tracks were seeing on the podium. This isn't something I can just "take a look at". It would be nice if equipment was listed on LiveRC or something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.