CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC >

CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC

Like Tree136Likes

CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC

Old 11-14-2021, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC

Here is a dedicated thread for the new CRC CK25AR car kit. Ask questions, share setups and thoughts on the car. Thanks for the support.

RacinJ, fat500, tdu verney and 4 others like this.
Old 11-14-2021, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just received mine yesterday. Tommorow I will build it. Looked at the directions and I'm impressed with all that is included. My buddy that quit racing several years ago also got one. Brought my kit to the track and showed several more racers the kit. This kit will keep our GT12 (foam)class growing even more .My first big race will be our Turkey Run at Beachline (in two weeks on new CRC Black carpet).
Buckland likes this.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is the new pivot a direct replacement for the CK25LE? I have a fresh LE kit still NIP I need to build eventually!
Old 11-15-2021, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

It looks like the bolt pattern (distance) on the chassis is the same as the old pivot, but you'd need the new pod plate with two mount holes at the minimum
robert s and Buckland like this.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Default Setups

With so many available adjustments and setup options on the new AR car, itís hard to find the track time to try out everything on my own. It would be great if drivers (especially the team guys) posted their recent setups for the new car either here or on the CRC website.
chjosi and two shoes like this.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
With so many available adjustments and setup options on the new AR car, itís hard to find the track time to try out everything on my own. It would be great if drivers (especially the team guys) posted their recent setups for the new car either here or on the CRC website.
I would also ask that as you post setups, you describe why you chose to make the change you did. That helps others learn to adapt setups to their own situation.
vafactor and ptrhahn like this.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've owned a few CK's in the past and have always enjoyed their kits. Would like to see them modernize a bit, but they appear pretty set in their ways. I would only consider one of these in the future if they moved to metric hardware. There are some features on the CK that I like more than my Roche, such as the easy rear ride height adjustment.
fat500, Buckland and AsphaltFlyer like this.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Got mine Sat and had it ready to run by the end of racing Sun. Ran about 20 laps and it transitioned well. I was impressed with the turn entry at full speed after straight. Had issue with pivot point touching carpet and building dirty areas on chassis and pod plate. I can adjust for that. Very solid on acceleration so 13.5 and mod are in the frame. This one looks like a winner. Watch for it at the indoor champs.
hunterdawg likes this.
Old 11-16-2021, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

I got my kit on Friday evening and raced it on Saturday. Wasn't able to make many changes but initial setup (copied from CK 25) was a starting point. I run the car in GT12-R and the goal is to get to a spool (with SJT tires). On Sunday at a test day I accomplished that and dropped my lap times from a Saturday TQ times of 9.8 FL and 9.99 top 15 to 9.5 FL and 9.70 top 15. Almost all of that was done with roll center in the rear, side springs and damping.
Great car and ready for the champs.
Old 11-16-2021, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Might send an email tomorrow if I don't see mine when I get home from work. I know others have gotten there's, I'd at least like a tracking number
Old 11-16-2021, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bentouttashape View Post
I've owned a few CK's in the past and have always enjoyed their kits. Would like to see them modernize a bit, but they appear pretty set in their ways. I would only consider one of these in the future if they moved to metric hardware. There are some features on the CK that I like more than my Roche, such as the easy rear ride height adjustment.
Thanks for the input and the nice words. We are curious if the "modernized a bit" simply means the conversion to metric screws, or something else? Regarding the metric fasteners, is it simply a matter of not owning imperial tools?

The 1/12th scale market was pioneered by American companies like Jomac, MRP, Leisure, Parma, Associated and Delta. These early manufactures set the standards for 1/12th scale cars with imperial hardware, inch sized bearings, axles and wheels. Even modern 1/12th cars produced in Europe and Asia still carry imperial parts and sizes; a 1/8th front axle, the 1/4" rear axle and imperial wheel bearing sizes. While you are not alone in the metric hardware request, we find it interesting the number of racers that want metric hardware in a kit while still using a .050 or 1/16" hex wrench for a pinion gear.

As a American company and only American company remaining making onroad kits here in the USA, it seems un-traditional to forget the heavy American heritage in 1/12th scale racing. Any way... who knows what the future will bring, maybe we will make the switch to metric.

Thanks for the input.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

only thing that kept me from buying a CRC was the non metric hardware. Got an xray and a roche liked the crc red too but dont need a set of hex wrenches for one car. All my pinions are metric too. The most popular pinion is the yeah racing sets. I see em on almost every racers pit. Increase your global footprint...go metric my 02 we all got em.....lol..... Car looks great
Old 11-16-2021, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That moment when you realize why all your CRC pinions have been just a bit annoying to get on/off:

hanulec, Flygio and DavidNERODease like this.
Old 11-16-2021, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bentouttashape View Post
That moment when you realize why all your CRC pinions have been just a bit annoying to get on/off:
wow so right
Old 11-16-2021, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
Thanks for the input and the nice words. We are curious if the "modernized a bit" simply means the conversion to metric screws, or something else? Regarding the metric fasteners, is it simply a matter of not owning imperial tools?

The 1/12th scale market was pioneered by American companies like Jomac, MRP, Leisure, Parma, Associated and Delta. These early manufactures set the standards for 1/12th scale cars with imperial hardware, inch sized bearings, axles and wheels. Even modern 1/12th cars produced in Europe and Asia still carry imperial parts and sizes; a 1/8th front axle, the 1/4" rear axle and imperial wheel bearing sizes. While you are not alone in the metric hardware request, we find it interesting the number of racers that want metric hardware in a kit while still using a .050 or 1/16" hex wrench for a pinion gear.

As a American company and only American company remaining making onroad kits here in the USA, it seems un-traditional to forget the heavy American heritage in 1/12th scale racing. Any way... who knows what the future will bring, maybe we will make the switch to metric.

Thanks for the input.
Just a thought, you guys might want to put together a kit of imperial tools. Nothing fancy, the main thing is to have all the necessary tools in one kit and to keep them fairly low priced.
trx-1racer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.