CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC >

CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC

Like Tree345Likes

CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC

Old 11-18-2021, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phatboislim
I thought those carbon braces were supposed to be included...I guess it was an add-on option
yup. The side braces are optional. The detailed write up on the CRC site points that out.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I guess you did not read the write up on their new website. It said options and listed them.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

Here’s the thing I wanna point out about CRC….

My local black carpet track (in rural southern oregon) biggest attended classes are all pan car classes and the entry numbers are dominated by CRC. This track is as grassroots as an RC track could be and the pan car classes are huge. I mean you have to commend CRC for the option that they’re not shoving a bunch of bling parts down your throat. Grass roots racers don’t need them. It stunts the growth of the field. And if you go to an RC track and think that we’re in a position as a hobby to be souring the taste of RC in the mouths of grassroots racers you’re blind.

I’m that level of nerd I like the bling and the glamor of the fast guy part of the week. I have stacks of metric tools and metric hardware. I don’t run a CRC because of that. But the tracks that support the CRC cars are growing at a grass roots level. The numbers support it. CRC sure isn’t winning bench races in the pits of the hardcore clout nerds but they’re winning at growing the hobby in areas that might not be able to support full fields Schumachers or Awesomatixs. And they’re still beating Schumachers and Awesomatixs…

I do day dream of having a CK25AR with a Kimihiko Yano style aluminum chassis all blinged out for 17.5 racing…. I’d settle for the SAE hardware with some bling 😂
Buckland and ptrhahn like this.
Old 11-21-2021, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Going back to the recommendation on a centerline mark on the servo mount brace, it would be nice and save time on servo installation. I recently worked on a friends CK25 servo and after aligning it to the center used a paint pen and marked alignment points on the brace and servo so that he could tell if the servo moved and be able to quickly reset the alignment. A poor mans solution but effective and easy to implement.
bentouttashape likes this.
Old 11-21-2021, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

So question to those with these kits.... this isn't the first time I've had an issue with CRC wheel clamps. One works and clamps to the axle but the other one isn't. The first time I encountered this was when I needed a new one for my older crc car because my old one was stripped. Came in and didn't work and had to return and get another one, that worked. So now I have one wheel clamp that works

Old 11-21-2021, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Took pliers to it...it's tight now
Old 11-21-2021, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sanded graphite today. Will CA glue edges tomorrow, then start build. Servo and esc on order.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the futaba 9650 will bolt directly to the chassis like the sanwa. Im allergic to sanwa and would like to mount servo forward so I can mount electronics down the center as much as possible. I only run KO gear but they do not have a servo that will fit up front.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Q: Has everyone completely given up on inline lipos? Doesn't look like this is drilled for it at all.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)
Default CK25AR Setup Sheet

Here is my first setup sheet. Ran well on new carpet such as to be seen at the US Indoor Champs this weekend.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CK25AR DL Indy Nov 2021.pdf (623.5 KB, 289 views)
TimXLB likes this.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

So Perry, you complained about the lack of setup sheets. Where is yours? Asking for a friend.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Inline CRC

Tested in Omaha Nov. 14th, worked good at 48.6% front (had old associated front end). Pictured is 49.5 % front, titanium chassis. Running 17.5.
Looking to add new rear pivot/lower pod graphite.
Attached Thumbnails CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC-inline-crc.jpg  
ptrhahn likes this.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
Does anyone know if the futaba 9650 will bolt directly to the chassis like the sanwa. Im allergic to sanwa and would like to mount servo forward so I can mount electronics down the center as much as possible. I only run KO gear but they do not have a servo that will fit up front.
Sorry, but no. The 9650 is a great servo, but it does not match the direct mount holes.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Sorry, but no. The 9650 is a great servo, but it does not match the direct mount holes.
Thank you
Old 11-22-2021, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 1st outing setup

Originally Posted by davidl
So Perry, you complained about the lack of setup sheets. Where is yours? Asking for a friend.
I’m unable to load and display a full setup sheet here, but I’ll try to describe my new car’s first outing setup: In an effort to copy the very heavy dampening that Andrew Knapp’s setup sheets usually indicate, I ran my new AR car with 60K lube on the kingpins and in the tubes and with 50wt oil in the shock. Doing so did seem to make the new car very stable and tossable. I went with Xenon 50/52 progressive front springs and started the day with just 1 shim under the new rear center pivot mounts. Everything else was pretty much box stock. The new car was remarkably good and surprisingly easy to drive. Maybe too easy. So after holding TQ after round 1, I added a second shim under the center pivots in hopes of adding a bit more steering aggression. It did. The car was great thru the rest of qualifying. But for the main the traction had come up just enough that I had to be extra careful to avoid any unforced errors. I tapped a couple of times but thankfully avoided making any big costly errors, so the new car was still able to win the main with relative ease. Next time out I’ll go back to just one shim under the rear center pivots and try adding extra steering up front rather than by raising the center pivot. After the race, the 60K still felt good on the kingpins but the tubes were feeling perhaps too stiff in my hands. So next time out I’ll back off to 30K in the tubes and maybe the kingpins too. Your results may vary. I prefer a very smooth, docile, and easy to drive car, and the new low center pivot seems to plant the rear better than the old car. The tried and true CRC front end provides plenty of options for adding more steering aggression, so that’s where I’ll focus my attention next time out. David, are you happy now?
davidl, LonnyJ1950 and Antimullet like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.