Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC >

CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC

Like Tree345Likes

CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC

Old 11-17-2021, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'm in a different boat. When I quit racing in 2005, there was very little metric things. Come back 15 years later and metric is everywhere. Had to stock up on metric tools screws, nuts, etc. My Custom Works and CRC use regular stuff. Thanks for keeping it real CRC.
Team CRC, Antimullet and chjosi like this.
Old 11-17-2021, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

this is worded amazing, club racing people leave because of the cost of the next best thing weekly.

Originally Posted by Team CRC
Again, thank you for the input, we are always listening and truly appreciate your thoughts. The good news is that the CK25AR has a spool AND a differential, in the box, the only car kitted with both.

We have tested aluminum chassis and they are different, but not really better or faster. Obviously, it is super easy for us to make an aluminum chassis car (and we have), but we feel it is a step backwards. Another issue is the cost, and they can bend and stay bent pretty easy. Carbon fiber usually springs back to flat. There are some excellent aluminum chassis and other products out there (like the McFactory product), no disrespect, however, we continue to win championships with our stock carbon fiber.

We have a club track here at CRC and we found that fancy, expensive, unnecessary stuff is what kills club turnouts. The rookie driver sees the pro guy drink the Kool Aid, whether is it the latest and greatest motor of the day or an expensive part (like an aluminum chassis). The rookie driver thinks he needs one to win and spends his last $100 bucks on the latest go-fast-goodie. He goes no faster, then bends his chassis and needs a new one. Next week at the club race, the rooking is gone, he found a new hobby. We like to keep it affordable and still place a premium on performance.

Check out Live RC on a Thursday night at CRC Raceway, we will have almost 60 entries in a small town in upstate NY. Then check out the history of winners at the US Indoor Champs. Over many, many years, there are A LOT of championship winners from the little track in upstate NY that use that affordable American car with SAE hardware and a cheap carbon fiber chassis. :-)

The metric hardware thing... well someday we will probably convert. It is tough being the last American company in the market. For the CK25AR, we almost included a SAE hex wrench /nut driver set in the kit. The reality is, you need maybe 4 extra wrenches; .050, 1/16, 3/32 and a 3/16 nut driver. But we do understand and we will work on it in the future.

Again, you guys are awesome, thanks for the input. Get out there, support your local track, race carpet and enjoy, no matter what brand you run or what style wrench you turn.
TimXLB likes this.
Old 11-17-2021, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have both Metric and American tools for everything I race. I really don't understand someone complaining about a few tools to build and maintaining there car. Plus this is the ONLY American made competitive company left in the USA. I've been racing CRC products from there first F1 car ( still have most of the chassis) and raced there cars for many years(1/12th-1/10th and F1).Again nobody is forcing you to buy and race the car. You like Metric- This car is not for you period. Me I'm all CRC and keep it like it is.
Wazza22, Antimullet and hunterdawg like this.
Old 11-18-2021, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is a good one and don't complain. The CRC F1 has both imperial and metric (front end). Sort of like a 80's GM car.
Team CRC, TimXLB and hunterdawg like this.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jeeze. Enough discussion about the metric vs imperial hardware already. If you really must have an all metric car (with imperial bearings), you are free to spend double and get the new XRay. Where are the setups for CRC’s new AR car? and especially a useful group discussion about how guys are finding different heights of the new center pivot effect the driving feel and handling of the new car?
Old 11-18-2021, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Personally, I don't mind the American sized hardware except for one thing... when you lose a screw, it's getting increasingly difficult to find a replacement at the hobby store as what they'll have in stock usually is metric hardware. Sure i can keep replacement hardware in my box, but the screw that gets loose is usually the one that you don't have in your box!!!

Other than that, the original CK25 is a great car and I can't wait to see what the improvements on the new version makes on the car. One thing I'd like to see, though, and it's a pretty minor thing, is a small dent that marks the exact center of the car on the front of the floating servo mount plate. I decided to try a KO servo on mine instead of a Sanwa and I found that if there was a small mark of some sort in the front of the plate, that would make the exact centering of the servo easier. No deal breaker, just a little something that makes life easier.

Martin Paradis
Old 11-18-2021, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Old 11-18-2021, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rhodopsine
One thing I'd like to see, though, and it's a pretty minor thing, is a small dent that marks the exact center of the car on the front of the floating servo mount plate.
I like this idea, Martin. Do other cars have this? I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to do on your own.

phatboislim, you can't argue w/that red. It always looks so good. Would like to see it when it's track ready.
Old 11-18-2021, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

I'll be working on it when I get home from work... unless i hit the gym, then it's a crazy shoot
Old 11-18-2021, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bentouttashape
I like this idea, Martin. Do other cars have this? I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to do on your own.
No, I've never seen that and it always bothered me. You spend a bit time with the caliper trying to make it as centered as possible and then because you hit, you find that your servo has moved and you need to restart again. I agree that it would be easy to do on my own, its just that I think that it would be easy for CRC to add and would be useful.

Martin
Old 11-18-2021, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree that a little laser etching would be a great touch.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There are center line holes in three places. These are also used for the balance pins.
Old 11-18-2021, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Manual

Can someone post the manual for the AR? Or at least the new rear end.
Thank you
Old 11-18-2021, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by old_dude
There are center line holes in three places. These are also used for the balance pins.
yes there are, but I’m just saying that having one on the servo mounting plate would make life easier. Again, not bashing the car in any way, I’m just stating some modification that would make my life easier. It’s meant as a constructive feedback.

Martin Paradis
Buckland likes this.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

I thought those carbon braces were supposed to be included...I guess it was an add-on option

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.