Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC >

CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC

Like Tree345Likes

CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC

Old 10-10-2022, 09:19 AM
  #211  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4
Default

Bonjour tous, quelqu'un aurait une configuration Asphalte, merci.
phiphix is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 01:48 PM
  #212  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (51)
 
trilerian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lexington KY
Posts: 2,297
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

What 3/16 brand nut driver are people using for this kit? I bought an Arrowmax honeycomb 3/16 and it is too small.
trilerian is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 01:59 PM
  #213  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 607
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm having some trouble getting my ride height the same left to right around the rear pod and rear of the chassis. The kit is brand new and I've measured the king pins and fresh cut foam. Not had this before and finding it hard to find the problem.

Any ideas?
tim fry is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 02:31 PM
  #214  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 4,153
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tim fry
I'm having some trouble getting my ride height the same left to right around the rear pod and rear of the chassis. The kit is brand new and I've measured the king pins and fresh cut foam. Not had this before and finding it hard to find the problem.

Any ideas?
I 100% gave up on setting the ride height with tires installed. Now I use calipers to set both sides slider mounts to the same height relative to the pod plate or some other point.
DesertRat is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 02:50 PM
  #215  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I used to have that problem till I made my pit board and put adjusters on all for corners and levels on three sides. It's not the best look but it keeps everything level and easy to adjust. Just because to table is flat does not mean it is level.
BullFrog is offline  
Old 10-10-2022, 06:14 PM
  #216  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,900
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tim fry
I'm having some trouble getting my ride height the same left to right around the rear pod and rear of the chassis. The kit is brand new and I've measured the king pins and fresh cut foam. Not had this before and finding it hard to find the problem.

Any ideas?
is the car statically balanced side to side? If it isn't then setting cross weight can cause a ride height issue as you use the rear side springs to set the tweak fighting the balance issue. One other item is the motor wires. No bigger than 16 ga. From the esc to the motor. Or have them long.
old_dude is offline  
Old 10-11-2022, 03:58 PM
  #217  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,802
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I just set one side, barely snug the top screw and go to the other side barely snug that one, double check then lock it down. A CRC guru at our track has a piece of brass he uses to set his RH in one hit
phatboislim is offline  
Old 10-11-2022, 08:05 PM
  #218  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Mooreland, IN
Posts: 605
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by trilerian
What 3/16 brand nut driver are people using for this kit? I bought an Arrowmax honeycomb 3/16 and it is too small.
I am using the Protek driver and it works fine. The only thing is when I take off the front wheel nuts, they are aluminum and so light, they don't want to come out of the driver. So I have to thread them back on the axle a little to get them out.
0010 is offline  
Old 10-12-2022, 05:32 AM
  #219  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (51)
 
trilerian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lexington KY
Posts: 2,297
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 0010
I am using the Protek driver and it works fine. The only thing is when I take off the front wheel nuts, they are aluminum and so light, they don't want to come out of the driver. So I have to thread them back on the axle a little to get them out.
Thanks, I did some measuring last night with my calipers and the inside of the Arrowmax nut driver is 0.187" and the outside of the crc 3/16 nut is 0.190. 3/16 =0.1875. I guess just a warning for those who need to buy a nut driver for this kit.
trilerian is offline  
Old 10-12-2022, 10:30 PM
  #220  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17
Default

non
olivier78 is offline  
Old 10-17-2022, 12:16 PM
  #221  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 4,153
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Doing this to both sides didn't even save 2g but hell, 2g is 2g. I am still of the opinion that the slider pod is more chunky than it needs to be.


RacinJ, LonnyJ1950 and AZ Wolfie like this.
DesertRat is offline  
Old 10-17-2022, 11:37 PM
  #222  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey, so I'm looking at this chassis for GT12 2s class and was wondering if it's possible to mount the battery longitudinally rather than transverse. And if so, then how?
Sabin is offline  
Old 10-18-2022, 10:31 AM
  #223  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 204
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sabin
Hey, so I'm looking at this chassis for GT12 2s class and was wondering if it's possible to mount the battery longitudinally rather than transverse. And if so, then how?
CRC had the Xti Altered Ego chassis years ago, I want to say around 2012? I ran one and thought it was pretty interesting. But I found the transverse layout easier to drive for my driving style. I think you can still find the main chassis (part 3223) on CRC's website. You could try to frankenstein something together to make it work.

Here's a link to a Xti petitrc page, hope it helps. https://site.petitrc.com/reglages/cr...XTI/XTI_Intro/

Maybe one day CRC will bring the Xti back?
ALBOP is offline  
Old 10-18-2022, 11:01 AM
  #224  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,900
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ALBOP
CRC had the Xti Altered Ego chassis years ago, I want to say around 2012? I ran one and thought it was pretty interesting. But I found the transverse layout easier to drive for my driving style. I think you can still find the main chassis (part 3223) on CRC's website. You could try to frankenstein something together to make it work.

Here's a link to a Xti petitrc page, hope it helps. https://site.petitrc.com/reglages/cr...XTI/XTI_Intro/

Maybe one day CRC will bring the Xti back?
So here is the interesting part. The AR part is the new pivot and rear pod lower plate. That is all that is needed to make a CK25 a AR without side braces. My guess is if you get the entire rear pod for the AR that it can be installed on that Xti. Or just get the AR and the Xti chassis plate. Just a guess. Honestly, every car that I have is better for me in line. That is the WGTR and F!. Both CRC kits.
A edit. I see that the Xti is the famous one with the "U" plate front end mount. You would need that part also. Same front end just that there is a secondary plate to put it on the chassis.
old_dude is offline  
Old 10-18-2022, 11:12 AM
  #225  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 4,153
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Strictly speaking the Altered Ego chassis was the transverse chassis that was shorter than the standard inline. There was a full length transverse chassis as well. If this is confusing don't worry, you're not the only one.

Also, if you do have an Altered Ego chassis it is way too short to build an inline car with a standard length battery. I laid it out and tried, its just not enough real estate.
DesertRat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.