Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW LRP SPHERE COMPETITION BRUSHLESS

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default NEW LRP SPHERE COMPETITION BRUSHLESS

Just curious if anyone has run one yet. I heard it is now going to have a CAP attached to it as well as be able to run lipos. Is it any better than the Novak GTB?
Old 04-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

I heard this has no reverse. Is that a fact? The GTB has reverse built in so why no reverse for this one? But the LRP runs cooler. I like LRP ever since.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No reverse allows them to use less FET's in it's construction. Less FET's means less internal resistance which means more volts to your motor. For most racing, the use of reverse is not allowed anyway.
If you haven't seen this Associated Electrics page, make sure to check it out.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ran one today for the first time, and I liked it.

With a Novak 4300 in profile 5 it felt about the same speed-wise as the GTB did. I've got no complaints.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by James35
No reverse allows them to use less FET's in it's construction. Less FET's means less internal resistance which means more volts to your motor. For most racing, the use of reverse is not allowed anyway.
If you haven't seen this Associated Electrics page, make sure to check it out.
I see. So novak is not so good compared to this one? Wonder what novak reps would say about that.
I think most people still use brushed motors to race. It would be ashame to exclude one big market that buys brushless - rich and loaded bashers that want reverse.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Racin_James
Just curious if anyone has run one yet. I heard it is now going to have a CAP attached to it as well as be able to run lipos. Is it any better than the Novak GTB?
This weekend I had my first race with shpere competition + 4 star motor in 1/12. Well.... IMPRESIVE. The motor was runing so smooth and powerful, and it felt just like a brushed, even better
Another thing - sphere competition got TQ in modified as well, Leino and Levanen was not able to beat it . Unfortunately driver had a bit of bad luck during the finals...

If you go with sphere, you wont regret it
Old 04-03-2006, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayman
I heard this has no reverse. Is that a fact? The GTB has reverse built in so why no reverse for this one?
The reverse on the Sphere was *terrible*. The forward throttle was perfectly linear, felt good, no issues. Try to put the thing into reverse and it goes seemingly full throttle reverse instantly - ANYthing more than the lightest blip of reverse and the thing goes nuts. Try to brake on a long straight with reverse mode enabled.. vehicle slows down somewhat and then reverse kicks in full throttle and the vehicle will start doing donuts. We had three Spheres, all did the same thing. I'm hoping they eliminated it because they didn't know how to make it work correctly.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Racin_James
I heard it is now going to have a CAP attached to it as well as be able to run lipos. Is it any better than the Novak GTB?
Yes there's a cap already installed on the Sphere Comp.
The Sphere comp has the possibility to run Lipos with n automatic cut off if voltage of the lipo droops....
Of course it's possible to deactivate this cut off, which should be done if you use normal nimh cells. If not there might be the danger that the speedo "thinks" your "lipos" are low at the end of the race... i don't believe anyone wants that....

I had the possibility to compare the Sphere Comp/4-Star combo directly with the Novak Combo on track, i tested together with a friend. He's looking forward to get his new Sphere Comp asap...
Old 04-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JanisK
This weekend I had my first race with shpere competition + 4 star motor in 1/12. Well.... IMPRESIVE. The motor was runing so smooth and powerful, and it felt just like a brushed, even better
Another thing - sphere competition got TQ in modified as well, Leino and Levanen was not able to beat it . Unfortunately driver had a bit of bad luck during the finals...

If you go with sphere, you wont regret it
Perhaps necessary to mention that Christer Andersson who took TQ ahead of the "euro champs" had in his car a 5-star motor wired to the Sphere comp. Some of the other guys used 4-star motors and there was a clear difference in speed.

Last edited by jarkko; 04-05-2006 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Tech Legend

5 STAR`s !!!

Oooo

My

God
Old 04-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jarkko
Perhaps necessary to mention that Christer Andersson who took TQ ahead of the "euro champs" had in his car a 5-star motor wired to the Sphere comp. Some of the other guys used 4-star motors and there was a clear difference in speed.
I heard about that but wasnt sure enough to make a statement if its true or nut.
Oh, when do we/normal people gonna get 5 star?
Old 04-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What motor would you recommend using in a T4 truck on a medium track?
Old 04-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Legend

Recommend the Neo 1 Star or if you insist 2 Star Neo.....
Old 04-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Sphere Competition Review Here

Hi Guys and Girls

I did a tech review of the Sphere Competition here...

http://www.12thrc.com

Cheers

Mark
Old 04-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

is there anyone who has tried both the lrp and novak systems who can give an unbiased opinion on the pros and cons of each and which one is overall the better one to go for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.