R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-27-2007, 02:30 PM   #691
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Has anybody looked at the side affects of things like acetone and mek? Mek is the third most cancer causing substance known to man..I would pay all you people who are talking shit how its harmless to drink a bottle of it.A few years ago we used to soften our race car tires on a machine that rotated the tires then we rapped them .needless to say you could get it on your hands and in cuts from working on the cars.After one season small growths appeared where the cuts had been. I went to the doctor and they were abnormal cells that were caused by the chemicals.They cut them out and havent grown back.And i havent touched the stuff since.
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:33 PM   #692
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

just ask for the MSDS...

so how many of you wash your offroad tires with simplegreen eh?

Did you know it smells like Sassafras?

Fine here is the MSDS.

http://www.simplegreen.com/pdfs/07_m...reen_&_pad.pdf

"Dermalsensitive users may experience mild but reversible reactions"

"No adverse effects expected under typical use conditions. Adequate ventilation should be present when using Simple GreenŽ over a prolonged period of time. Open windows or ventilate via fan or other airmoving
equipment if necessary"

...I like the smell of Simplegreen. Maybe I have a thing for things with .. green, in it.

Last edited by RCMits; 03-27-2007 at 02:45 PM.
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #693
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

[QUOTE=RCMits]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
Has anybody looked at the side affects of things like acetone....QUOTE]

Go to your local "nail salon" and ask them.

I was just about to post the same thing!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #694
Tech Addict

Do you spend 6 hours at a nail salon? I will pay both of you 500$ to watch you drink a can of paragon.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #695
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Sorry, but my molly mormon wife won't show her boobs to anyone.....:P

Later EddieO
ive seen em....there big....could also be the 4 kids.....

they feel real too!...

nice meeting homo....rctech meeting....i might as well go race that stupid thing..
Old 03-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #696
Tech Elite

Quote:
I would pay all you people who are talking shit how its harmless to drink a bottle of it.
Why are you guys wanting everyone to drink this shit!!!

I mean if anyone is DRINKING traction compounds...they have bigger problems than we will be able to discuss here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #697
Tech Elite

Quote:
Do you spend 6 hours at a nail salon? I will pay both of you 500$ to watch you drink a can of paragon.

Me personally, no I have never spent a minute in a nail salon, but I would think that the women working in them prob. spend 8,10 or even 12 hours aday in one....

As for drinking................. See other post!
Old 03-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #698
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett

they feel real too!...

Well I guess two things will come from this...Eddie will need a new motor guy and you will need a new JOB!

I hear Trinity has some opening right now................
Old 03-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #699
Tech Addict

trust me the 500$ would be worth it since there is no natural selection anymore.Just doing my part.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:47 PM   #700
Tech Elite

wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:48 PM   #701
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
trust me the 500$ would be worth it since there is no natural selection anymore.Just doing my part.
Yes there is...what do you think Big Rigs and highways are for?

Also meth, cocaine, pain pills, etc.

Natural selection is definately working.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:49 PM   #702
Tech Master

Quote:

???

So, from a paragon problem, we are now going into natural selection conversation?

Where is Gloria Gaynor when you need her.

"I will survive..."

First I was afraid
I was petrified of paragon
Kept thinking I could never live
without you on my tires
But I spent so many nights
thinking how you did me wrong
I grew strong
I learned how to carry on
and so you're back
from the hobbyshop
I just walked in to find you here
with that wintergreen smell on your face
I should have changed my stupid toolbox
I should have made you leave the buggygrip
If I had known for just one second you'd be back to bother me

Things to ban for 2008:

Water, could cause me to drown.
Food, could cause me to get fat or have an allergic reaction.
Work, causes undue stress and mental fatigue.
Money, causes undue stress, my hands get itchy, and they smell funny.
Gas, too expensive, haze gives me headaches, and flammable.
Beer, causes dizzyness, possibly mental effects, and ability to walk is problematic.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:51 PM   #703
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
Yes there is...what do you think Big Rigs and highways are for?

Also meth, cocaine, pain pills, etc.

Natural selection is definately working.
Yeah and even the ones who are drinking RC Traction Compounds! These should be the first ones gone...

DRINK UP!
Old 03-27-2007, 02:57 PM   #704
Tech Master

2 parts Buggy Grip
1 part Paragon
1 dash of Thread-Lok
2 parts Associated 35 weight Shock Oil
(note has to be Associated, or the consistancy isn't right)
4 parts Trinity Fuel with 5% Oil
1 splash of Zuback's Juice
1 drop of WindTunnel Purple Lube for color

Mix well in tall glass, pour over "Crazy Ronny's Motor Cooler", drop 4 F-line brushes for flavor, and swizzle with a carbon fiber stick.

Note: To keep weight of glass down, drop two IB4200's with heat shrink removed.

For those of you allergic to Paragon, you can substitute with Acetone or SimpleGreen.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #705
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme
Carl- got a few questions about your post and a comment also...

First the comment about drinking it to see if its safe.....Well good buddy I am HIGHLY allergic to MILK! If I DRINK it, it DOES some pretty bad things to me. In the form of Migraine headaches. So now that I have stated that should I go DRINK some, knowing that I have allergic reactions to it. Then try and get all milk products BANNED from YOUR local supermarkets?

NO, I don't think so.
Also I would think that EVERYONE on here would agree that MILK is a very SAFE product, RIGHT???

So why if a tractor trailer wrecks and the container that its pulling is full of MILK and that container opens and spills its contents on the roadway....WHY DOES A HAZ-MAT TEAM HAVE TO BE CALLED IN DURING THE CLEAN UP STAGES??? Don't believe me, call your local State police and ask um. I almost fell in the floor when my good friend told me that. BTW he owns a wrecker service that responds to Tractor Trailer wrecks and was telling me about having to work with a the HAZ-MAT team on a truck that spilled milk. Milk spills over 10 gallons is considered HAZARDOUS MATERIAL!

You say that countless trips to allergist,general practitioners and neurologist have all said that the ill effects you have experienced are due to the chemicals that are used in some of the products you have had long term exposer to just in RC!

Well I looked on my can of paragon, shock oils, motor spray, Buggy grip and I can't find one bottle or can that has the ingredents listed.....

So how can a Dr. tell you, you are allergic to something to the point that he can narrow it down to causing you serious harm, without actually knowing what is in the products?

Now I can believe that they would agree that the STRONG odor may cause you headaches. But I bet if you stood in an enclosed building with an open 5 gallon can of gasoline for too long you too would get a headache.
Heck Paragon has a winter green smell, correct, at your next indoor race BAN all rc traction compounds and have ALL the racers use BEN-GAY, it smells like wintergreen right?? Have them use it on themselves as if they were applying it to the tires on thier cars......I wonder if the STRONG SMELL would cause headaches? I think all of use would agree that Ben-Gay is a pretty safe product also.
My comment relating to ingesting paragon was meant to follow the earlier posts from JKA and MCsmooth, # 658 and 659 respectively. Which I had just read and thought were very funny. In addition, someone earlier noted that excessive water consumption is danagerous...which is true.

The fact is a small amount of paragon injested is toxic while it takes an excessive amount of water to be danagerous. This is a comparison I was trying to point out.

I used to be lactose intolerant...my parents had no clue why I was always getting sick as a child. I've gotten used to skim milk, but still avoid heavy dairy products. So I can relate to what you're talking about. Not because of me, but because of this allergy, public schools in NY stopped serving kids whole milk and switched to skim.

No milk should not be banned from all supermarkets...but at the same time you a I are not being forced to use milk or are subject to milk exposure by a thrid party. Imagine if everytime you went to Starbucks to get a cup of coffee you'd have to be exposed to milk products because everyone else uses it...I know that a stupid comparsion but it the closest thing to what those who race indoors feel when subject to tire additives.

The fact that you know milk causes you problems means you stay away from it...which is why some racers like Martin and myself have decided to avoid prolong exposure to tire additives.

Your right, the fact that the tire additive products have no ingredient labels means my doctors have advised I avoid the stuff. Error on the side of conservatism.

The doctor is not saying I'm allergic to the stuff specifically...he is saying the prolong exposure is not good for you, you have a adverse effect to it and to avoid it. I can race outdoors all day long, running fuel on-road and even tire additives with electric on-raod and I don't feel the same effects. The fresh air and precautions I take outdoors make a huge difference...When you race indoors, you're trapped and surrounded by other racers who do not take the same precautions. That's the problem

You're not that far off from where we are...your comment to being exposed to a 5 gallon open fuel can indoors is equally as dangerous as exposure to tire additives as the effect is the same...headaches?

also...your comment to use ben-gay for tire cause it has a winter green smell? The smell is not the problem...its the agents used in the tire additives that are a problem...and the fact that we do not know what they are

Are you asking us if Ben-gay is safe or telling us it is? In any event, at least they have the ingredients listed.

What's really scary is all it will take is one person to slap a law suit on these tire additive companies and you can kiss the stuff good bye. Before this has to happen, why not find alternatives...